First 123 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMarcello View Post
    7w8s are cats that always believe they will land on their feet so they don't have the 8w7 "I must control things if the alternative is to be controlled" mindest.
    I wouldn't say my dad is a controller in the conventional sense... but he's definitely a bully.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned

Most 8w7s aren't and see controlling things as a messy business. The 8w7 mindset is to control the minimum needed to avoid being controlled themselves(8w7s reframe losing power as being controlled). 7w8s see that messy business as something they could get stuck in...and their worst fear is getting stuck...so they are more likely to "risk" not trying to control to preserve a sense of freedom. It helps that 7w8s are more optimistic that the future will work out for them whereas the idea of leaving fate to chance is heresy to an 8w7.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Most 8w7s aren't and see controlling things as a messy business. The 8w7 mindset is to control the minimum needed to avoid being controlled themselves(8w7s reframe losing power as being controlled). 7w8s see that messy business as something they could get stuck in...and their worst fear is getting stuck...so they are more likely to "risk" not trying to control to preserve a sense of freedom. It helps that 7w8s are more optimistic that the future will work out for them whereas the idea of leaving fate to chance is heresy to an 8w7.
    oh that's an interesting comparison there. i have a good friend that's 8w7 and that seems pretty accurate.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

it makes sense theoretically. Based on what you've said, I'm not sure where my dad would fit due to the extreme particulars of his situation (I consider people with long-term life-destroying addictions to sort of be at the "ends of the curve" here, all reality patterns warp and twist, making it hard to figure out what they are, truly).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFJ

I actually agree with that a lot. You did good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    it makes sense theoretically. Based on what you've said, I'm not sure where my dad would fit due to the extreme particulars of his situation (I consider people with long-term life-destroying addictions to sort of be at the "ends of the curve" here, all reality patterns warp and twist, making it hard to figure out what they are, truly).
    8w7s on average are moodier/more sullen than 7w8s...grumpier...and due to their line to 5 have periods where they "regroup" in private to wage war another day. 8w7s don't talk as much but make you fear them more. Compared to 8w7s...7w8s mouth off too much which detracts from their ability to dominate. 8w7 is like an adult...7w8 a big kid.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I would way in my case, yes. In my past I kind of put myself in that "Me Vs. The world" situation which is typical of a 6.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I do think my upbringing had impact on being a 9w1.

I want to flip this over though ... Marcello, what kind of childhood may have contributed to me developing a 1 wing?

Banned

I think enneagram types are inborn and share a range of basic body language markers. Upbringing affects the expression/manifestation of that type...where in that range people fall. If you had a type exemplars list large enough containing people of the same type with different backgrounds you'd notice a vibe pattern that all of them share...kinda neat actually.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iamathousandapples View Post
    I would way in my case, yes. In my past I kind of put myself in that "Me Vs. The world" situation which is typical of a 6.
    Do you consider yourself 6w5 or 6w7?