• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Results

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Lets see:
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||| 22%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 34%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 22%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 42%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 6 Anxiety |||| 18%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||||| 90%

Ehh can someone tell me what to make of this?
Am I a 5 or a 9 and do I have wings etc?

You're most likely a five or a nine. Just glancing at this, the highest likelihood seems like five, not only because INTPs are most commonly fives, but also because fives "disintegrate" in the direction of sevens - in other words, as fives continue down the road of unhealth, they behave more and more like sevens. You scored high on type seven, so you may be a slipping five. I'd read the descriptions of the types you have the highest likelihood for and see which description resonates the most. I really like the enneagram institute's descriptions.

Also, trying to correlate the Enneagram to MBTI doesn't work. There are no bone-hard, exclusive correlations. For instance, though there may be a lot of INTP E5s, not all 5s are INTP - I know several INTJ 5s. And though type two is thought to exist mostly among extroverted feelers, I'm an introverted feeler and a type two. So correlating types to functions (fives to Ti and twos to Fe) is fallacy.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Enneagram types that do seem to have any sort of connection with the MBTI are the 4 and 5, which seem to correspond to INFx and INTx types, respectively.

It's naturally possible for Sensors to score as either, but it doesn't seem as common.

Now in Riso and Hudson's book, the Enneagram 5w4 description seems to correspond best to INTJ, while 5w6 corresponds with INTP. With Enneagram 4, we have INFJ at 4w5 and INFP at 4w3.

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
You're most likely a five or a nine. Just glancing at this, the highest likelihood seems like five, not only because INTPs are most commonly fives, but also because fives "disintegrate" in the direction of sevens - in other words, as fives continue down the road of unhealth, they behave more and more like sevens. You scored high on type seven, so you may be a slipping five. I'd read the descriptions of the types you have the highest likelihood for and see which description resonates the most. I really like the enneagram institute's descriptions.

Thanks, I'll probably have to read a bit more to fully understand. A slipping 5? Does that mean that I'm a 5 with wings pointing to 7. Another thought, is it me or does the emneagram descriptions seem to focus a lot on the unhealthy side of the emneagram types?[/QUOTE]

Uberfuhrer The Enneagram types that do seem to have any sort of connection with the MBTI are the 4 and 5, which seem to correspond to INFx and INTx types, respectively.

Yes, type 5 does fit both the INTJ and INTP description quite well.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmmp, every time I take this test I come out 5w1. Am I normal?

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Do I get brownie points for setting that one up for you?

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm a 5w6 and an INTP.

I would think 6s and INTJs would correlate well. Especially 6w5s Am I mistaken?

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
My best friend's an INTJ 6. I'm not sure of her wing though.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think 6 correlates best with ENxP.

1: ISxJ
2: ExFJ
3: Exxx
4: INFx
5: INTx
6: ENxP
7: ESxP
8: ExTJ
9: IxFP

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Does that mean that I'm a 5 with wings pointing to 7. Another thought, is it me or does the emneagram descriptions seem to focus a lot on the unhealthy side of the emneagram types?

No. You can only have wings that are one number higher or lower than your type. So a five can only have a wing of four or six, and that's it. Sometimes people can be equally influenced by both wings, but the vast majority are influenced by one wing more than the other. I think wings have to do with coping strategies. For example a two on the ennegram desires above all else to feel loved. To feel loved, they please people and go out of their way to seem kind, funny and likeable. if the two's main coping strategies fail, they'll go to either three's or four's coping strategies to make end's meet. For example a two with a three wing may not find people-pleasing enough to satiate their desperate need to feel loved, thus they may also overachieve, go out of their way to impress people by showing off their skills and talents, and try to charm others, like the three does. But the two is still essentially a two, and their core motivation - to feel loved - is only further gained by using the three's strategies, which are charm, talent and overachievement.

The enneagram must point out your negative habits in order for you to see them in real light, and begin letting go of those negative habits. When I first read the enneagram, I thought it was a face smiling down on me from heaven in my time of greatest need. I didn't even think of it as unnecessarily negative - I thought it really pegged me, even all my negative traits, and I think the blessing of the enneagram - if you can find a type description that truly fits you - is that it is honest, and it is true, and it makes you aware of your motivations so that you can literally let go of negative habits that have been plaguing you for years in just a few minutes.

If anything, I think it saved me. The advice it gave me still rings true today: I don't need anyone to love me in order to feel loved. It frees me from looking outside myself for completion.

Pseudonym_Alpha

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok Athenian, i did the test again;

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 42%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 50%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 42%

Says im a type 2 again though :p

I dont know how you get to the thought pattern about the wings, but i'm looking for similar threads

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ok Athenian, i did the test again;

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 42%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 50%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 42%

Says im a type 2 again though :p

I dont know how you get to the thought pattern about the wings, but i'm looking for similar threads

You're probably a 2w1, or a 1w2. Just read some descriptions and see which you identify with most.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The Enneagram Institute recently added a section on type misidentification. Its most interesting content -- a type-by-type comparison -- requires painless registration.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I got a 2w3 this time. I actually think that sounds more accurate for me. My 3rd highest score was a 5. I always used to score as a type 2 with 8 being secondary. Perhaps I took the wrong test? (I didn't find these percentages everyone is posting).

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I'm 1w2.

Here are some of my fav enneagram site with lots of explanations.
Thanks Proteanmix. That first reference had one of the best descriptions of E6, that I have read. 6w5 here.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In the past when I've taken the enneagram, I've ended up with 4w5; but I just took it again today and this is what I got --

Introverted (I) 70% Extroverted (E) 30%
Intuitive (N) 61.29% Sensing (S) 38.71%
Feeling (F) 57.14% Thinking (T) 42.86%
Judging (J) 64.71% Perceiving (P) 35.29%

Your type is: INFJ

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.

Enneagram Test Results

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 36%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||| 40%
Type 4 Sensitivity |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||| 40%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 43%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 56%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 43%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 43%

You scored as Type 1 Your variant is self pres

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
INTP 9w5

:rock: Screw the system :rock:
:rock:Yeah :rock:

Okay so officially it's almost balanced on 9 but most reckon it's more 9w8 than 9w1 if they believe I get 9 at all :D

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Extroverted (E) 55.56% Introverted (I) 44.44%
Intuitive (N) 53.33% Sensing (S) 46.67%
Thinking (T) 64.52% Feeling (F) 35.48%
Judging (J) 58.06% Perceiving (P) 41.94%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 36%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 4 Sensitivity |||||| 26%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||| 36%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||| 30%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 40%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||||| 80%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 76%

You scored as Type 8 Your variant is sexual