First 3456 Last

Socionics
    SLI

Introverted (I) 57.58% Extroverted (E) 42.42%
    Sensing (S) 55.17% Intuitive (N) 44.83%
    Thinking (T) 61.54% Feeling (F) 38.46%
    Judging (J) 57.58% Perceiving (P) 42.42%

Your type is: ISTJ

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 73%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||| 20%
    Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||| 36%
    Type 4 Sensitivity |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 76%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||| 80%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 23%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 53%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 73%

6 24 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    5 23 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
    1 22 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
    9 22 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
    8 16 I must be strong and in control to be happy.

Over all I'd call myself a 5 rather then a 6.

MBTI
    INFJ

Here are my results:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 66%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||| 38%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||| 22%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||| 30%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 22%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 30%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 46%

type score type behavior motivation
    1 17 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
    2 16 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
    5 14 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
    9 11 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
    3 9 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
    6 7 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    8 7 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
    4 5 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
    7 5 I must be high and entertained to be happy.

And my variant is social, it says.

I suppose this makes me a 1w2?

I'm not all that familiar with the Enneagram. I have only skimmed through a few books on it, one by Helen Palmer and a cute little illustrated book by Renee Barron and someone else - the one reviewed in the tyoplogy books thread.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Santtu always sounded like a 7 to me

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Oh my god, I tested as Romantic (4) with 1 and 7 as secondary.
    Well it's not entirely impossible.

Does this enneagram have something with astrology or some mysticism?
    Weird. I've often wondered what ENTP's are supposed to be. I always get equal in 5 and 8, and not much in anything else, except middling amounts in 4 and 7. Mostly a level 3/4 five.

So we're like, totally different in that respect. Actually it's worth looking at the correlation between the MBTI types here and the enneagram types, if only to remind us of how much variation there is within a single type, so not to go presuming and pre-judging people according to type.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Weird. I've often wondered what ENTP's are supposed to be. I always get equal in 5 and 8, and not much in anything else, except middling amounts in 4 and 7.

So we're like, totally different in that respect. Actually it's worth looking at the correlation between the MBTI types here and the enneagram types, if only to remind us of how much variation there is within a single type, so not to go presuming and pre-judging people according to type.
    Yes, that's interesting. I always assumed ENxP's would all be 7's. Then again, I've met INFJ's who were ones, and a lot of people who've guessed my type, including myself, think I'm 4w5.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

7's are probably more likely to be ESxPs. 7 is the sensation-seeking personality, after all.

ENTPs are quite common in 3 and 6, as well, most likely counterphobic 6. Although E6 does seem to be where all types join together.

Remember that E6 corresponds to Paranoid Personality Disorder, which also generally corresponds to Ne.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    7's are probably more likely to be ESxPs. 7 is the sensation-seeking personality, after all.
    My brother's very, very much ENFP, and he scores very high in 7.

Remember that E6 corresponds to Paranoid Personality Disorder, which also generally corresponds to Ne.
    wtf? I haven't a paranoid bone in my body!

Honestly... it's so rare that any thoughts of being betrayed or whatever cross my mind, I'm on the verge of being totally naive, if it weren't for the fact that I'm always aware of the possibility that I might be betrayed, though that doesn't equate to actually thinking it's likely, which I don't!

Dammit, the INFP who inspired the praise thread tells me she thinks I'm 'recklessly trusting'.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    My brother's very, very much ENFP, and he scores very high in 7.

wtf? I haven't a paranoid bone in my body!

Honestly... it's so rare that any thoughts of being betrayed or whatever cross my mind, I'm on the verge of being totally naive, if it weren't for the fact that I'm always aware of the possibility that I might be betrayed, though that doesn't equate to actually thinking it's likely, which I don't!

Dammit, the INFP who inspired the praise thread tells me she thinks I'm 'recklessly trusting'.
    You said you were a 5 right? Are you Schizoid or Schizotypal? Those are the other two most common for 5 -- Paranoid is, too.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    You said you were a 5 right? Are you Schizoid or Schizotypal? Those are the other two most common for 5 -- Paranoid is, too.
    Neither - narcissism more likely, if anything, but I've been analyzed to death by shrinks, all of whom agree that I'm pretty healthy, psychologically speaking

Like I said, the enneagram guy I know, who gives talks on it and stuff at colleges and whatever, he rates me as between level 3 and 4 in the sorta health scale of fives. He also says that I could possibly be an eight, at level 2. They say fives integrate into eights, so I could be a five who, due to being in a leadership position for many years, and having hung around ENTJ's a lot, have been 'under the influence' of eight. Then again, I could be an eight who, due to an isolated childhood of intense academic study, has picked up lots of five-ish qualities, though that'd imply disintegration, and I don't feel at all disintegrated! lol Which is why the guy says he leans towards 5 for me. I'm not sure I agree, except when I look at the lower health levels of 8, I know that's not really me and never would be, but I can see patches of former selves and dark times of my life in the lower levels of 5.

Outside of America, it's not obligatory for everyone to have a mental health disorder

I'm a CLASSIC, hopeless, lovely TWO. =) Sx/so/sp, with maybe the last two being switched, but definitely sexual being first.

I love my type. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it's awesome. Truthfully, the enneagram saved my life. This isn't an exaggeration either. It saved my life in every way a life can be saved, except for the literal sense.

The best advice anyone ever gave me was in the type two description on enneagraminstitute.com:

"They can then take some of their wonderful nurturing skills and use them on someone who really needs them - themselves."

That's a loose quote from memory.

I think - no, I'm almost positive I'm a 2w3. Actually, I'm 100% positive. When my self-esteem is low, I need to impress others by being awesome and successful at something. Ouch.

P.S. Uber, my best friend is an INTJ and a classic 6. I really don't think you can find a reliable correlation between functions and Enneatypes. For instance being a two is generally correlated with Fe, but I'm domFi and I know many other DomFis who are twos. People also like to correlate Se with type 7, but I know three ENFJs who are 7s. I haven't seen one consistent correlation between the functions and the E-types.
    Last edited by Mempy; 10-26-2007 at 02:26 PM.