User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 51

  1. #11
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Actually, a four is supposed to have either a three or five wing. So technically, it is impossible. Although like Uberfuhrer said, 4 does have a line (direction of integration) to 1, so they could resemble each other. The 7 doesn't make sense, though. Well, actually, you might be an unhealthy 1 who's disintegrated to 4, and trying to integrate towards 7. You don't seem to be showing any appropriate wing types, though.
    Well u are right about being unhealthy, altho I would not be able to say in which way, exactly. Trying my best. I have used to scoring as 7 when healthy.

  2. #12
    Senior Member tovlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Although like Uberfuhrer said, 4 does have a line (direction of integration) to 1, so they could resemble each other. The 7 doesn't make sense, though. Well, actually, you might be an unhealthy 1 who's disintegrated to 4, and trying to integrate towards 7. You don't seem to be showing any appropriate wing types, though.
    I don't really understand the healthy/unhealthy integrate/disintegrate enneagram flow.

    Is there any connection between testing 4, 9, 2, and 6 at various times?
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

  3. #13
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post
    I don't really understand the healthy/unhealthy integrate/disintegrate enneagram flow.

    Is there any connection between testing 4, 9, 2, and 6 at various times?
    How the Enneagram Personality System Works

    Hmm... an unhealthy 4 disintegrates in the direction of 2, but a healthy 2 moves to 4. A stressed 9 disintegrates to 6, but a healthy 6 integrates to 9. Again, no clear wing, but this means you could be:

    An unhealthy 4 moving to 2.

    A healthy 2 moving to 4.

    An unhealthy 9 moving to 6.

    A healthy 6 moving to 9.

  4. #14
    Senior Member aeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    310

    Default

    I'm 1/2 4w5 and 1/2 9 with no wing.


    cheers,
    Ian

  5. #15
    Senior Member tovlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    How the Enneagram Personality System Works

    Hmm... an unhealthy 4 disintegrates in the direction of 2, but a healthy 2 moves to 4. A stressed 9 disintegrates to 6, but a healthy 6 integrates to 9. Again, no clear wing, but this means you could be:

    An unhealthy 4 moving to 2.

    A healthy 2 moving to 4.

    An unhealthy 9 moving to 6.

    A healthy 6 moving to 9.
    Thank you.

    I have a strong sense I'm probably an unhealthy 4 moving to 2. Disintegration, I believe.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

  6. #16
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post
    I'm 1/2 4w5 and 1/2 9 with no wing.
    Can you please explain how that's possible in the enneagram system? What interpretation of the system are you using, and how do you explain your reasoning? That doesn't fit with my understanding and research. There is no connection between 4w5 and 9. It isn't there.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Pseudonym_Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    148

    Default

    ok you've offically confused me. explain to me in common logic how to interpret what you've just said, because its just not being understood via my brain. (said in the , "i have no idea" tone)

  8. #18
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym_Alpha View Post
    ok you've offically confused me. explain to me in common logic how to interpret what you've just said, because its just not being understood via my brain. (said in the , "i have no idea" tone)
    Sorry, I've been spending too much time around INTx's. I think this site explains it best: How the Enneagram Personality System Works

    But here's my understanding:

    Okay, the Enneagram is a complex 9 archetype system. You have one core type which is the basis of your personality. Each type also has "wings," which add another dimension to your personality. Your wing must be one of the numbers adjacent to your core type. A 4 can have either a 3 or a 5 wing. A 2 can have either a 1 or a 3 wing.

    Another part of the theory is integration/disintegration. Under stress, a type can "disintegerate" and behave like another type. The direction of disintegration is:

    1-4-2-8-5-7-1

    9-6-3-9

    This means that a 1 under stress acts like a 4, a 4 under stress acts like a 2, and so on. Note that 9,6, and 3 have their own continuum on this scale that operates the same way. A 9 under stress acts like a 6, a 6 under stress acts like a 3, and so on.

    The direction of integration is the direction in which a type grows toward healthier behaviors. It's the opposite of the direction of disintegration.

    1-7-5-8-2-4-1

    9-3-6-9

    This means that a healthy 1 will begin to act more like a 7, a healthy 7 will begin to act more like a 5, and so on.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Pseudonym_Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    148

    Default

    oh ok, i get you now

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Lets see:
    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||| 22%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 34%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 22%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||| 18%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||||| 90%

    Ehh can someone tell me what to make of this?
    Am I a 5 or a 9 and do I have wings etc?
    Verbal IQ Test

    SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

    You appear to have a very limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others.

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] Why would your Enneagram results change drastically?
    By c-jade in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 09:09 PM
  2. [Enne] Jumpy enneagram results
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2016, 05:34 PM
  3. What are your PSTypes Enneagram Results?
    By Kullervo in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 04-08-2016, 06:00 AM
  4. Fun enneagram test. What are your results?
    By Elfboy in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 06:34 AM
  5. Enneagram & Instinct Test Results
    By Kasper in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 07:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO