User Tag List

12 Last

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Default Odd (maybe even non-existant) MBTI/Ennegram combos?

For the last few months, I've been spending more and more time reading up on the Enneagram and part of that reading has resulted in me pondering the eixstance of some odd MBTI/Ennegram type combos so here are some thoughts on those combos that have been bouncing around in my mind...

INTx / Enneagram 2
    I went and looked at a relativly recent poll of NTs and Enneagram type and 2 was the only type not represented at all. My theory is that it could exist, and possibly even be more common than people realize, but an NT that is also an Enneagram 2 will feel at least a little out of place among normal NTs and would be more inclined to reach a conclusion that they are an NF (Its a possibility I've cosnidered for myself that would explain a few things, but there is still enough that does not fit to doubt it).

xSxx / Enneagram 4
    If such a combo existed, I think there would be a strong possibility they would give more consideration to being an xNxx, but again would feel a bit out of place among just about everyone (even moreso than normal xNxx 4s). I could see xSFPs being 4s, but not really any of the other S types.

IxFx / Enneagram 8
    A bit more possible than the other two I listed, but it still seems like 8 lends itself to both Extroversion and Thinking preferences, so an IxFx that were an 8 might be more inclined to self type as an T of some sort and be close on the intorversion/extroversion preference.

Anyone else have any "thing that should not be" type of Ennegram/MBTI (or other typology) combos that you think are fun to ponder?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    IxFx / Enneagram 8
    A bit more possible than the other two I listed, but it still seems like 8 lends itself to both Extroversion and Thinking preferences, so an IxFx that were an 8 might be more inclined to self type as an T of some sort and be close on the intorversion/extroversion preference.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

garbage

I'm pretty sure I'm ENFP and Enneagram 5, with a heavy 6 wing. I don't think there's exactly a huge correlation between ENFP and E-type 5.

7 is among my least-strong matches.

Overall, my Enneagram scores make more sense for a INxP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

my ISFP friend is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a 4.

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post

IxFx / Enneagram 8
    Sometimes I test as 8w9. I've never made up my mind completely. I could be 8.
    Probably 9 with a strong 8 wing.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Do high scores in 1, 2, and 8 make sense for an ExFJ?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah, I can see ISFPs as 4s, being Fi dominant. The adjacent wings don't seem to fit though. I'm still unclear on whether wings must be adjacent. Some insist that they must....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Yeah, I think so. 2 is really common.
    Correlations

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    1 comes with a desire for moral perfection, 2 has a strong desire to help other people, and 8 likes to take charge. I think all of those make a whole lot of sense for ExFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yeah, I can see ISFPs as 4s, being Fi dominant. The adjacent wings don't seem to fit though. I'm still unclear on whether wings must be adjacent. Some insist that they must....
    I've never seen it any other way, except in modified systems such as Magic's.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The adjacent wings don't seem to fit though. I'm still unclear on whether wings must be adjacent. Some insist that they must....
    That's because the whole theory is based on specific interconnections, including the directions of (dis)integration. The archetypes are placed in sequence based on these supposed connections.

As a language issue, it doesn't make sense to call something a "wing" if it's not on the right or left of the Type in question; the term "wing" implies adjacent.

as far as the OP, why not explain more of your reasoning, TR? I'd love to see a Two NT, but I sincerely doubt it will happen except in the case of an NT mother in a western culture, where she's been forced to play the Two role.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft