Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Enneagram and MBTI Correalation

I saw threads with polls for Enneagram type, and even one with percentages of each type, but not with specific correalations between the two.

For example, my Enneagram often presents itself as 4 or 4w3 on tests, but I also strongly could be a 6w7 according to one test and observations of people who study Enneagram, especially since phobic 6w7 can look like 4w3 or 9.

Is there any correalation between the two types? It would seem that INFP would be more 4, and that 6w7 might be ENFP instead. Could I possibly be an eNFP with a weak extroversion? Or are the two things not connected, really?

What are your results, ideas, and experiences with this?

There is a list of correlation theories here.

I'm an ISFP 9w8. That's a pretty typical, run of the mill combination.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I saw threads with polls for Enneagram type, and even one with percentages of each type, but not with specific correalations between the two.

For example, my Enneagram often presents itself as 4 or 4w3 on tests, but I also strongly could be a 6w7 according to one test and observations of people who study Enneagram, especially since phobic 6w7 can look like 4w3 or 9.

Is there any correalation between the two types? It would seem that INFP would be more 4, and that 6w7 might be ENFP instead. Could I possibly be an eNFP with a weak extroversion? Or are the two things not connected, really?
    INFP tends to class as 9 and perhaps sometimes 4.
    INxJ tends to class as 4 or 1.
    ENxP tends to class as 7 (or perhaps 3, along with other ExxPs).

Four and Six really don't have much in common, one's a Heart triad, the other a Head triad. Even with the wings, it's a bit of a stretch except in the area of "chasing after things." Yup, the only connection I see is with the wings, as follows:

The Three is looking for an identity and often tries on various roles and costumes in pursuit of achievement. The Seven is often immersed in sensory experience as part of feeding the self. The external behaviors can overlap and even look similar, they're just operating from slightly different motivations.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    There is a list of correlation theories here.

I'm an ISFP 9w8. That's a pretty typical, run of the mill combination.
    Hey, wow, thanks for that list! It says that introverted feeling - including INFP - correalates to 6.

garbage

There's no way that I'm a Seven or Eight, which seem to be very common among ENFPs and ENTJs, respectively.

Five and Six tend to be closest. Fives are very far removed from the typical ENFP, being associated with introversion and thinking. Six is associated with a lack of Ne in some models.. the only way I can make sense of this is that the Enneatype could stem from a lack of trust in Ne.

ENFP and Enneatype Five/Six don't describe me very well individually, but the combination of them does.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Another good correlation is that of David M. Boje ("Leadership Out of the Box", which can be seen here: Enneagram). From there, it seems to loosely fit what I call the "Social Image" groups: IT (5), IF (4), ET (3, 8), EF (2). Like with some of the others, 1 is various J's. 6 is both EF and IF. 7 is EP. 9 is all around mixed, with 3 out of four each of I, S, F and P.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm an INTP, though I've been questioning my INTP-ness lately. On the Enneagram, if I had to pick, I'd say I'm 9w1, but I usually score very close to 5w4 as well.

That was clear now, wasn't it?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

7 is not usually correlated with ENTJ, but I am really certain I am one.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Hey, wow, thanks for that list! It says that introverted feeling - including INFP - correalates to 6.
    Here's a link to the poll results from the INFP forum:

infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - What enneagram type are you?

Be aware that while the majority of forum users are INFP,
    there are other "types."
    Frankly, I think those who came out E5 aren't INFPs at all.
    They are more likely IXTX's.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm an ENFP and an 8(w7) which apparently isn't all that common.

Even though I don't like enneagram typology I must say it balances out the idea I and others have of myself when considering my MBTI type.