• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram and MBTI Correalation

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I saw threads with polls for Enneagram type, and even one with percentages of each type, but not with specific correalations between the two.

For example, my Enneagram often presents itself as 4 or 4w3 on tests, but I also strongly could be a 6w7 according to one test and observations of people who study Enneagram, especially since phobic 6w7 can look like 4w3 or 9.

Is there any correalation between the two types? It would seem that INFP would be more 4, and that 6w7 might be ENFP instead. Could I possibly be an eNFP with a weak extroversion? Or are the two things not connected, really?

What are your results, ideas, and experiences with this?

wolfy

awsm
There is a list of correlation theories here.

I'm an ISFP 9w8. That's a pretty typical, run of the mill combination.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw threads with polls for Enneagram type, and even one with percentages of each type, but not with specific correalations between the two.

For example, my Enneagram often presents itself as 4 or 4w3 on tests, but I also strongly could be a 6w7 according to one test and observations of people who study Enneagram, especially since phobic 6w7 can look like 4w3 or 9.

Is there any correalation between the two types? It would seem that INFP would be more 4, and that 6w7 might be ENFP instead. Could I possibly be an eNFP with a weak extroversion? Or are the two things not connected, really?

INFP tends to class as 9 and perhaps sometimes 4.
INxJ tends to class as 4 or 1.
ENxP tends to class as 7 (or perhaps 3, along with other ExxPs).

Four and Six really don't have much in common, one's a Heart triad, the other a Head triad. Even with the wings, it's a bit of a stretch except in the area of "chasing after things." Yup, the only connection I see is with the wings, as follows:

The Three is looking for an identity and often tries on various roles and costumes in pursuit of achievement. The Seven is often immersed in sensory experience as part of feeding the self. The external behaviors can overlap and even look similar, they're just operating from slightly different motivations.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is a list of correlation theories here.

I'm an ISFP 9w8. That's a pretty typical, run of the mill combination.

Hey, wow, thanks for that list! It says that introverted feeling - including INFP - correalates to 6.

G

garbage

There's no way that I'm a Seven or Eight, which seem to be very common among ENFPs and ENTJs, respectively.

Five and Six tend to be closest. Fives are very far removed from the typical ENFP, being associated with introversion and thinking. Six is associated with a lack of Ne in some models.. the only way I can make sense of this is that the Enneatype could stem from a lack of trust in Ne.

ENFP and Enneatype Five/Six don't describe me very well individually, but the combination of them does.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another good correlation is that of David M. Boje ("Leadership Out of the Box", which can be seen here: Enneagram). From there, it seems to loosely fit what I call the "Social Image" groups: IT (5), IF (4), ET (3, 8), EF (2). Like with some of the others, 1 is various J's. 6 is both EF and IF. 7 is EP. 9 is all around mixed, with 3 out of four each of I, S, F and P.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm an INTP, though I've been questioning my INTP-ness lately. On the Enneagram, if I had to pick, I'd say I'm 9w1, but I usually score very close to 5w4 as well.

That was clear now, wasn't it?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
7 is not usually correlated with ENTJ, but I am really certain I am one.

Jaguar

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm an ENFP and an 8(w7) which apparently isn't all that common.

Even though I don't like enneagram typology I must say it balances out the idea I and others have of myself when considering my MBTI type.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's a link to the poll results from the INFP forum:

infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - What enneagram type are you?

Be aware that while the majority of forum users are INFP,
there are other "types."
Frankly, I think those who came out E5 aren't INFPs at all.
They are more likely IXTX's.

Thanks! Huh, interesting. See...I almost always get Four as a result on tests, which is very INFP, of course. 4w3 is more specifically what I get sometimes, if the test is more complex. However, I have gotten 6 and 6w7 as a result, and some people on typewatch.net (enneagram central!) seem to think that my communication style is much more 6 than 4, and I've found that a phobic sx 6w7 can sometimes appear to be a 4w3.

So more or less I'm confused! Ha!:shock: