User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Could enneagram determine who you're attracted to?

I've been thinking about this for a while, and decided to post it.

So I'm sure we're well aware that each individual person is attracted to different qualities in people... we get this attraction to them as a person based on somewhat how they act I believe. Some people may think that they are attracted to certain types, but I think that they are attracted to certain ways of behavior and tendencies of people, how someone expresses themselves. Enneagram is a way of explaining how people act and do things, MBTI explains someone's personality. There are some enneatypes more common to certain MBTI types, which is what I think explains people being attracted to certain MBTI types.

So I think people can describe the qualities in someone that they like in general, and then apply enneagram. For example, I am attracted to type 6w5s and type 9s. This is because I'm attracted to qualities of self confidence, directness and being to the point, not being afraid to confront issues in a relationship yet not seeking conflict, intelligence (noticeable intelligence), and so on. I listed all of the qualities in notepad that I liked in someone when I got this idea and then applied enneagram types and got 6w5 and 9's of any wing.

So, thoughts? If you want to you could list the qualities you like in someone and I could apply an enneagram type for you, or you could just do it yourself. Either way.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm attracted to women who mutilate themselves. What enneagram is that?
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

WTF?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Nah.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Well sometimes yes, enneagram can come into play. I find myself more often attracted to 5s, or those with 5 wings, than the other types. So yes, I think it's possible. I think it's more possible than saying that MBTI types are what we are most often attracted to. After all, we fall for behaviors first, not necessarily inherent personalities right away.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

Sniffles

Enneagram and MBTI are but two of several factors that contribute to why you're attracted to somebody.

Yes, we can make endless lists of various different characteristics we enjoy in people, but the person you truely love is more than just a random assortment of those characteristics. If you can honestly systematically explain why you truely love somebody; then in essence you really don't love them - you just admire them. We always love somebody for ultimately inexplicable reasons.

At the end of the day, love, like anyother major element of life, is a rich enigma that can never be fully explained nor grasped. That's the major reason why it fascinates us so much down the countless generations.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Well sometimes yes, enneagram can come into play. I find myself more often attracted to 5s, or those with 5 wings, than the other types. So yes, I think it's possible. I think it's more possible than saying that MBTI types are what we are most often attracted to. After all, we fall for behaviors first, not necessarily inherent personalities right away.
    Yeah I was trying to get to that, I wasn't really saying that it's fully enneagram or anything like that. I think it does have some effect though.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP

If only more of us were educated on the enneagram, we could get a decent pool going and figure this out.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Seems like it could work, eh.

Apparently I'm attracted to type 4s especially.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Enneagram and MBTI are but two of several factors that contribute to why you're attracted to somebody.

Yes, we can make endless lists of various different characteristics we enjoy in people, but the person you truely love is more than just a random assortment of those characteristics. If you can honestly systematically explain why you truely love somebody; then in essence you really don't love them - you just admire them. We always love somebody for ultimately inexplicable reasons.

At the end of the day, love, like anyother major element of life, is a rich enigma that can never be fully explained nor grasped. That's the major reason why it fascinates us so much down the countless generations.
    That was lovely - I agree!

I think people like to analyze for fun though .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe