• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could enneagram determine who you're attracted to?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been thinking about this for a while, and decided to post it.

So I'm sure we're well aware that each individual person is attracted to different qualities in people... we get this attraction to them as a person based on somewhat how they act I believe. Some people may think that they are attracted to certain types, but I think that they are attracted to certain ways of behavior and tendencies of people, how someone expresses themselves. Enneagram is a way of explaining how people act and do things, MBTI explains someone's personality. There are some enneatypes more common to certain MBTI types, which is what I think explains people being attracted to certain MBTI types.

So I think people can describe the qualities in someone that they like in general, and then apply enneagram. For example, I am attracted to type 6w5s and type 9s. This is because I'm attracted to qualities of self confidence, directness and being to the point, not being afraid to confront issues in a relationship yet not seeking conflict, intelligence (noticeable intelligence), and so on. I listed all of the qualities in notepad that I liked in someone when I got this idea and then applied enneagram types and got 6w5 and 9's of any wing.

So, thoughts? If you want to you could list the qualities you like in someone and I could apply an enneagram type for you, or you could just do it yourself. Either way.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm attracted to women who mutilate themselves. What enneagram is that?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Well sometimes yes, enneagram can come into play. I find myself more often attracted to 5s, or those with 5 wings, than the other types. So yes, I think it's possible. I think it's more possible than saying that MBTI types are what we are most often attracted to. After all, we fall for behaviors first, not necessarily inherent personalities right away.

S

Sniffles

Enneagram and MBTI are but two of several factors that contribute to why you're attracted to somebody.

Yes, we can make endless lists of various different characteristics we enjoy in people, but the person you truely love is more than just a random assortment of those characteristics. If you can honestly systematically explain why you truely love somebody; then in essence you really don't love them - you just admire them. We always love somebody for ultimately inexplicable reasons.

At the end of the day, love, like anyother major element of life, is a rich enigma that can never be fully explained nor grasped. That's the major reason why it fascinates us so much down the countless generations.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well sometimes yes, enneagram can come into play. I find myself more often attracted to 5s, or those with 5 wings, than the other types. So yes, I think it's possible. I think it's more possible than saying that MBTI types are what we are most often attracted to. After all, we fall for behaviors first, not necessarily inherent personalities right away.

Yeah I was trying to get to that, I wasn't really saying that it's fully enneagram or anything like that. I think it does have some effect though.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
If only more of us were educated on the enneagram, we could get a decent pool going and figure this out.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Seems like it could work, eh.

Apparently I'm attracted to type 4s especially.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram and MBTI are but two of several factors that contribute to why you're attracted to somebody.

Yes, we can make endless lists of various different characteristics we enjoy in people, but the person you truely love is more than just a random assortment of those characteristics. If you can honestly systematically explain why you truely love somebody; then in essence you really don't love them - you just admire them. We always love somebody for ultimately inexplicable reasons.

At the end of the day, love, like anyother major element of life, is a rich enigma that can never be fully explained nor grasped. That's the major reason why it fascinates us so much down the countless generations.

That was lovely - I agree!

I think people like to analyze for fun though :cheese:.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Qualities that matter to me.
Most of these are things that I look for and value in any friendship.

------------------------------------------------------------

Curiosity/inquisitiveness - desire to understand how/why of things.
- in the case of a relationship that should also apply to wanting to understand other people and oneself and curiosity toward things like the humanities and spirituality, but for just friends, a basic level of curiosity toward the world is sufficient.

Thoughtfulness - being concenred about the impact of ones actions on others and the world and acting/speaking accordingly

Critical thinking - Evaluate things according to ones own values before accepting a new idea etc.

Willingness to debate ideas - self explanatory

Resourcefulness, Creativity, and Originality - thinking outside the box

Shared sense of humor - not nescessary to be funny, just to be able to laugh at similar stuff as me.

Sense of adventure (not-extreme) - desire to have fun and ocasionaly do new and sometimes adventerous things. Stuff like going to theme parks or travel to exotic (but non-hostile) locations or other things that provide new and interesting experiences without much risk

------------------------------------------------------------

There are probably more things I could think of to add, but those are what come to mind. I think those fit fairly well in either 5w4 or 4w5, but 7w8 or 8w7 might also fit those as well or better.