User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: MBTI=Enneagram?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    Your avatar is so strange. Because there are bolting question marks behind him, yet he's standing there blinking. It gives me much tension to watch!
    heh heh heh, it's nothing like that panda that turns into a dragon thing though, that one had me transfixed as soon as I figured out that it moves.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Sean Penn
    details?
    5 3 9

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    The Enneagram folks claim that one's E-type is determined by experiences in childhood, especially how one relates to one's parents. For example, my parents were divorced when I was 4 and my stepdad was more of a buddy and friend then a proper father figure, which aparently fits with me being a 1w2. While a INFJ that was alienated from both parents would become a 4.

MBTI type, on the other hand, seems to be something one is born with.
    Yeah, another way of putting the same thing!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

ESFP type 7 here, that's some nice synergy
    I've got an 8 wing that makes me a little more grounded I spose, though. Makes me a "realist". I think that it would make more sense for me to have a 6 wing. Oh well, we can't all be synergistic. (Is that even a word?)
    Sometimes I think I might be a 9 though- which would be a whole different story. 7 makes a little more sense for me I think.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    heh heh heh, it's nothing like that panda that turns into a dragon thing though, that one had me transfixed as soon as I figured out that it moves.
    Hah. Yeah I think ajblaise is a panda trainer, so he's able to perceive the heart of the panda like that.

Banned

Good evening my bipedalled friends.

MBTI and enneagram are two different systems so they should be treated as such. As you were...

~Marcello~
    1000+ Youtubeable Exemplars across 108 Type-Wing-Stacking Combinations
    Serious Enneagram Enthusiasts Welcome
    Last edited by Bellflower; 07-27-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    ESFP type 7 here, that's some nice synergy
    I've got an 8 wing that makes me a little more grounded I spose, though. Makes me a "realist". I think that it would make more sense for me to have a 6 wing. Oh well, we can't all be synergistic. (Is that even a word?)
    Sometimes I think I might be a 9 though- which would be a whole different story. 7 makes a little more sense for me I think.
    Hello my bipedalled friend.

7w6s have a fantasy side to them...to contrast with the 7w8 realist level. Both have escapism issues. 7w6s "check in" unlike 7w8s who are more primal/badass. 7w6s also seem to be bothered by the negative stereotypes of 7...the shallowness and insensitivity and always being happy etc. 7w6s are way more endearing from their w6.

Now 7s and 9s that's a heck of a difference. I've never seen a 9 that self-typed as a 7 as seven is way too uptempo for a 9. But I have seen a few 7s mistype as 9s. 7s underestimate their effect on others...9s overestimate their effect on others. 7s reframe avoiding pain as avoiding unpleasantness while 9s zone out and hope their troubles will dissolve and dissappear. 7s overestimate their abilities while 9s underestimate them. 7s are almost all extroverts while 9s are almost all introverts.

~Marcello~
    Last edited by Bellflower; 07-27-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Yeah, another way of putting the same thing!
    Hello my bipedalled friend.

People are born with their etypes. Your upbringing determines how your etype is expressed.

Think of the etypes like trees...like cats and dogs and rabbits. The etypes are far enough apart from their cadences...speech patterns...predominant streams of consciousness...etc...to be treated as being physiologically different...so instead of wondering if someone is say a 5 or a 6...it's whether a person belongs to the 5 tree or the 6 tree.

~Marcello~
    Last edited by Bellflower; 07-27-2009 at 02:22 PM.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

The first dial-up BBS I logged onto in, I think, 1993, was a rather large local board called The Kobayashi Alternative. It was all novel and a bit magical. Everyone had a unique user name that tended not to correspond to his or her real name or persona.

I was maybe fourteen at the time, and initially I misread this as an exercise in role playing. I had arbitrarily chosen the name "Wizard Guy"; I thus, for several weeks, subjected everyone I encountered to faux Shakespearian dialect and syntax. I drew many irritated responses.

Then I realized the whole point of the BBS was to foster discussion, rather than to play identity games. So I quit it.

Banned

INDEED...

But why should type change? If a person wanders away for years and returns home...the parents recognize him and go "That's my Johnny!"...so why should etype change if etype is an essential part of Johnny? Besides...if the enneagram were designed for type to change throughout life it would lose any usefulness as a personality typology.

~Marcello~

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMarcello View Post
    But why should type change? If a person wanders away for years and returns home...the parents recognize him and go "That's my Johnny!"...so why should etype change if etype is an essential part of Johnny? Besides...if the enneagram were designed for type to change throughout life it would lose any usefulness as a personality typology.
    If Enneagram is used as a starting point for one to discover his own motivations and underlying driving forces, it'd certainly still be useful even if it were to change over time, wouldn't it?