12 Last

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default enneagram mbti and thoughts on compatability

before I begin I am not saying that either the MBTI or ideas of Enneagram determin compatablity or tell you all about a person. Obviously they don't.

Still, I think there is some merit in *considering* what they say.

That being said; I've heard a lot of people say that ENTJs and INFPs would go very well together.

But, according to this JavaScript Tool for Exploring Typological Space chart many ENTJs are enneagram 8 and many INFPs are enneagram 4. But, according to this Enneagram site/powerpoint "no couple is more passionate than the four/eight combination-nor is any couple more likely to deteriorate into verbal and physical abuse and various kinds of personal retaliation for escalating conflicts."

No couple is more likely?

Me thinks there is a compatablity descrepency here if the MBTI says that ENTJ and INFP are best together.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Lol... A web site said that. Ignore it... ENTJs aren't abusive... No one is when they're mature. ENTJs and INFPs go well together, but I'm an 8 as well, so I'd go well along with them and I imagine we would strengthen each other.

You're just over analyzing romance I think.

And you aren't anything but an INFP.

There have been a million websites that I've read that were totally ridiculous... This is the internet. Some idiot is gonna get an idea and publish it. Don't worry about it. ENTJ + INFP FTW.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've read Kirksey's Please Understand Me II...but I'm under the impression that nearly (not *all* but almost) all information on this forum regarding personality is gathered from websites or from subjective experiences...I thought that was how this...system guaged things.

Lol, as for the bit about overthinking romance. I won't deny what I know to be true

what is FTW?
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You're just over analyzing romance I think.
    All of this type-based matching business is overanalyzing romance.

So if it's a personal situation you're worried about not working, discard the theory and go with your feelings. If it's mere speculation as to why there's a discrepancy, the discrepancy exists simply because the Enneagram and MBTI are two ways to look at (almost) the same phenomenon--and individuals' interpretations of the information leads to many more than two ways; they're not always going to line up.

MBTI
    ENTP

FWT = For the win.

INFP / ENTJ is great fun! I have a relationship like this and we would talk for hours. We seemed to come to similar conclusions, but by different means, and he (the INFP) was oozing with passion, which was amazing. It is defiantly worth trying out. I would imagine that INFP / ENFJ would be good too so that you are gooey enough for each other. ( I mean like a nice set of gummy bears, or something of the sort.)

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

type compatibility = bullshit.

it's all about maturity.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    type compatibility = bullshit.

it's all about maturity.
    Then, can i get you to sign a form that specifically states ENTP and ESTJ is just fine and can be a match made in heaven?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

my ESTJ boss and I are a match made in heaven. He even drinks me under the table
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Then, can i get you to sign a form that specifically states ENTP and ESTJ is just fine and can be a match made in heaven?
    It definitely can be.

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    But, according to this JavaScript Tool for Exploring Typological Space chart many ENTJs are enneagram 8 and many INFPs are enneagram 4.
    There are ENTJ enneagram 1's as well.
    If you want multiple viewpoints on type correlations,
    here's a link:

Type Correlations