• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

enneagram mbti and thoughts on compatability

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
before I begin I am not saying that either the MBTI or ideas of Enneagram determin compatablity or tell you all about a person. Obviously they don't.

Still, I think there is some merit in *considering* what they say.

That being said; I've heard a lot of people say that ENTJs and INFPs would go very well together.

But, according to this JavaScript Tool for Exploring Typological Space chart many ENTJs are enneagram 8 and many INFPs are enneagram 4. But, according to this Enneagram site/powerpoint "no couple is more passionate than the four/eight combination-nor is any couple more likely to deteriorate into verbal and physical abuse and various kinds of personal retaliation for escalating conflicts." :shock:

No couple is more likely?

Me thinks there is a compatablity descrepency here if the MBTI says that ENTJ and INFP are best together.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol... A web site said that. Ignore it... ENTJs aren't abusive... No one is when they're mature. ENTJs and INFPs go well together, but I'm an 8 as well, so I'd go well along with them and I imagine we would strengthen each other.

You're just over analyzing romance I think.

And you aren't anything but an INFP. ;)

There have been a million websites that I've read that were totally ridiculous... This is the internet. Some idiot is gonna get an idea and publish it. Don't worry about it. ENTJ + INFP FTW.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've read Kirksey's Please Understand Me II...but I'm under the impression that nearly (not *all* but almost) all information on this forum regarding personality is gathered from websites or from subjective experiences...I thought that was how this...system guaged things.

Lol, as for the bit about overthinking romance. I won't deny what I know to be true :blush:

what is FTW?

G

garbage

You're just over analyzing romance I think.

All of this type-based matching business is overanalyzing romance.

So if it's a personal situation you're worried about not working, discard the theory and go with your feelings. If it's mere speculation as to why there's a discrepancy, the discrepancy exists simply because the Enneagram and MBTI are two ways to look at (almost) the same phenomenon--and individuals' interpretations of the information leads to many more than two ways; they're not always going to line up.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
FWT = For the win.

INFP / ENTJ is great fun! I have a relationship like this and we would talk for hours. We seemed to come to similar conclusions, but by different means, and he (the INFP) was oozing with passion, which was amazing. It is defiantly worth trying out. I would imagine that INFP / ENFJ would be good too so that you are gooey enough for each other. :) ( I mean like a nice set of gummy bears, or something of the sort.)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
my ESTJ boss and I are a match made in heaven. He even drinks me under the table :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a gay INFP 4w5 and I was surprised to meet an ENTJ guy who was also gay that I found surprisingly attractive. it got me thinking that maybe I don't understand ENTJs as well as I thought I did and he surprised me for a number of reasons. some counterintuitive traits that he had that I found attractive were
1) cute
2) funny/silly
3) surprisingly sensitive
4) a great actor
5) gay (I don't know of the correlation with homosexuality, but I typically think NF when I think of gay men)
6) his personality was very sexual and passionate
7) he did not display any of the negative traits associated (albeit inaccurately so) with ENTJs such as rigid, controlling, cold hearted, or lack of romance and artistry

what's really weird is that I'm usually into younger guys who are less mature and sorta the "little brother" type and I never expected to find this combination in an NT (much less an ENTJ). we got to talking tho and, oddly enough, I was more rational than he was! XP (people tend to associate Fs with being irrational and making decisions based on their emotions, but I feel like that's more of an FJ thing. NFPs are usually extremely rational and able to pick up on things more quickly than many thinking types who spend too much time proving things) usually tho, I'm into ENFPs, ESFPs (the EFPs are SOO cute), ISFPs, INFPs, ENFJs and occasionally ESTPs and Enneagram types 2,7, 4 and 9.

Chloe

i am interested if anyone has experience with 3-6 combo?

its cute from my POV bc as e3 six is my integration point and i learn a LOT from them. they ground me. but i dont know how its like in the long run. the difference is HUGE.
i am talking about infp/6 person

I am total anarchist, proactive, think when there is a will there is a way .. and he is opposite : not welcome to change, thinks institutions function quite okay:/ but his arguments are very
convincing so in our discussions i always end up convinced ane more "mature"(socially adjusted?) .. but dont know is i too much difference in personality?! more approach to life/society.. bc we re nfps we are similar on other levels