• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP enneagram

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Taking a cue from Erinavery, INTP's, what is your enneagram type? Does your enneagram type really seem to fit you properly?

PureWhispers

I used to test as 5w4, but more recently I've shifted to 4w5. I think 5w4 is probably more befitting an INTP though.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm prolly 4w5 but haven't looked into it too much.

If I'm INTP :ninja:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to test as 5w4, but more recently I've shifted to 4w5. I think 5w4 is probably more befitting an INTP though.

5w4 tends to be the more artistic/emotive-style INTP.
The harder science/impersonal style INTP tends towards pure 5 or maybe even drift into 5w6 a little.

The runner up is Nine, although I've seen more INFPs in that category.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I am 5w4. I found that it fit really well. I am an idealist to a fault, constantly thinking about possibilities and alternate realities, a hopeless romantic, and easily hurt if I think my displays of affection are not being appreciated or I feel my competence is challenged in some way.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Ive gotten 5w4, 5w6 in the past, and most recently got a 5w9. I think 5w6 or 5w9 pertains to me the most. It's hard to tell because Enneagram's don't have as much of that "oh wow holy shit, that's me!" kind of pull to them the way MBTI type profiles do

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ive gotten 5w4, 5w6 in the past, and most recently got a 5w9. I think 5w6 or 5w9 pertains to me the most. It's hard to tell because Enneagram's don't have as much of that "oh wow holy shit, that's me!" kind of pull to them the way MBTI type profiles do

The 5w4 was actually almost on par with MBTI for me that way.

But since it's all archetype based (rather than function based), yes, I see Enneagram as far more hit or miss.

PS. You can't have a wing that isn't attached to the bird.

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
"5w4 sx" fits very well, I'd say slightly better description of me than "INTP"

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
5w4 sx fits me as well as INTP.. it's uncanny. Ok well it's a little canny, but still seems accurate.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 1. It describes me well. According to typical type corelation theories, it's a bit unusual for an INTP to be a 1, as 1s are usually associated with Js.

The conventional system would make me a 1w2, which is even weirder for an INTP, which id figured to more likely be 1w9. However, I think the conventional system is bunk, hence me designing a new one. By my own system, I'm 1>6>5 (like it says down there).

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
9. I think it fits very well, especially after I'd read into having balanced 1 and 8 wings (I still think I lean way more on the 8 though) and having a strong 6 influence. That last little insight made the difference between the fit being meh and it being spot on.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram strengths: 5>8>4, which makes me a 5w4 on their silly wheel.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
Without knowing too much of the Enneagram, having read some descriptions, 5w4 fits me well. I don't consider myself too rational or logical, though I have the capacity. I can often see it's the system I like in something (the arrangement), but I don't want to be too logical (I guess that would be more associated with 5w6, like Jennifer says).

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Interesting. So most INTP's really are 5's :p . Magic does sound like a one, just based on what I've seen from his posts. I'm told I'm 9w8. I always test with 9 in the lead, but it is always extremely close with my 5 percentage wise. My wing is an 8. I agree with Poriferan that this system needs to be revamped, as having a wing only from the same triad or adjacent numbers on the circle is kinda dumb. It should really take account for the fact that I am very nearly a 5 also. Magic, does your system take that into account? Does the type you've come up with represent your 3 strongest numbers in order?

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm quoting Xander from another thread-

If the tool works then is it's worth defined by how well it works or by what means it was developed?

As an INTP 9 (possibly 9w8... not sure) I can definitely see your thinking on the whole atypical thinking and the increased F strength. Not so sure about the INFP link though, I tend to find I am more comfortable with ENFJ thinking than INFP... but there again both my sister and my best friend are ENFJs...

I just thought it was interesting that the 9 correlates to a similar F type. But considering the ordering of the MBTI functions, if the INTP's natural Fe where to come to the forefront more, that'd *me resemble something more like an... ENTP, where the ordering of INTP (Ti Ne Si Fe) is switched to bring Ne to the front and Fe to the tertiary position and/or put before thinking in the specific situation which very seldom happens in my stereotypical INTP mode of personality. While I think 9 describes a system for how my functions are used and ordered when manifesting an outward personality, it still only plays off the base INTP (or any other type) characteristics. While I think I can display more F than some other INTP's, I most definitely know it isn't through Fi, as I have extremely low propensity for that function. Rather, it's expressed through my natural Fe, even though MBTI would usually place that as my 4th, inferior function. For me, it seems much less in the "inferior" role.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I just thought it was interesting that the 9 correlates to a similar F type. But considering the ordering of the MBTI functions, if the INTP's natural Fe where to come to the forefront more, that'd *me resemble something more like an... ENTP, where the ordering of INTP (Ti Ne Si Fe) is switched to bring Ne to the front and Fe to the tertiary position and/or put before thinking in the specific situation which very seldom happens in my stereotypical INTP mode of personality. While I think 9 describes a system for how my functions are used and ordered when manifesting an outward personality, it still only plays off the base INTP (or any other type) characteristics. While I think I can display more F than some other INTP's, I most definitely know it isn't through Fi, as I have extremely low propensity for that function. Rather, it's expressed through my natural Fe, even though MBTI would usually place that as my 4th, inferior function. For me, it seems much less in the "inferior" role.
You ever figure that you almost deliberately made your F stronger to balance your t? Balance being the motto and pattern in my case.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
You ever figure that you almost deliberately made your F stronger to balance your t? Balance being the motto and pattern in my case.

Yea, for sure. That's what I mean. With the enneagram its how you choose to act and react outwardly, mbti is very deep down to how you think consciously and n the unconscious. Together, I see they paint a more holistic picture of your personality, in AND out. So when I talk about the ordering of MBTI functions as it relates to enneagram, I'm talking about how we CHOOSE to act outwardly, which may include taking our functions out of their usual ordering. That DOESN'T mean we're a different MBTI type, it just means we all have individual preferences in how we use our cognitive functions despite the rigid structures and patterns MBTI sometimes pits itself into.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Yea, for sure. That's what I mean. With the enneagram its how you choose to act and react outwardly, mbti is very deep down to how you think consciously and n the unconscious. Together, I see they paint a more holistic picture of your personality, in AND out. So when I talk about the ordering of MBTI functions as it relates to enneagram, I'm talking about how we CHOOSE to act outwardly, which may include taking our functions out of their usual ordering. That DOESN'T mean we're a different MBTI type, it just means we all have individual preferences in how we use our cognitive functions despite the rigid structures and patterns MBTI sometimes pits itself into.
And I concur.

:nice:

Just don't ask about integration of enneagram and MBTI around here... you may end up flatspotting your head on a desk!!