User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: INTP enneagram

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Type 1. It describes me well. According to typical type corelation theories, it's a bit unusual for an INTP to be a 1, as 1s are usually associated with Js.

The conventional system would make me a 1w2, which is even weirder for an INTP, which id figured to more likely be 1w9. However, I think the conventional system is bunk, hence me designing a new one. By my own system, I'm 1>6>5 (like it says down there).
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

9. I think it fits very well, especially after I'd read into having balanced 1 and 8 wings (I still think I lean way more on the 8 though) and having a strong 6 influence. That last little insight made the difference between the fit being meh and it being spot on.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    intp

Enneagram strengths: 5>8>4, which makes me a 5w4 on their silly wheel.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Without knowing too much of the Enneagram, having read some descriptions, 5w4 fits me well. I don't consider myself too rational or logical, though I have the capacity. I can often see it's the system I like in something (the arrangement), but I don't want to be too logical (I guess that would be more associated with 5w6, like Jennifer says).
    INtj | 9w1

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Interesting. So most INTP's really are 5's :P . Magic does sound like a one, just based on what I've seen from his posts. I'm told I'm 9w8. I always test with 9 in the lead, but it is always extremely close with my 5 percentage wise. My wing is an 8. I agree with Poriferan that this system needs to be revamped, as having a wing only from the same triad or adjacent numbers on the circle is kinda dumb. It should really take account for the fact that I am very nearly a 5 also. Magic, does your system take that into account? Does the type you've come up with represent your 3 strongest numbers in order?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'm quoting Xander from another thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    If the tool works then is it's worth defined by how well it works or by what means it was developed?

As an INTP 9 (possibly 9w8... not sure) I can definitely see your thinking on the whole atypical thinking and the increased F strength. Not so sure about the INFP link though, I tend to find I am more comfortable with ENFJ thinking than INFP... but there again both my sister and my best friend are ENFJs...

I just thought it was interesting that the 9 correlates to a similar F type. But considering the ordering of the MBTI functions, if the INTP's natural Fe where to come to the forefront more, that'd *me resemble something more like an... ENTP, where the ordering of INTP (Ti Ne Si Fe) is switched to bring Ne to the front and Fe to the tertiary position and/or put before thinking in the specific situation which very seldom happens in my stereotypical INTP mode of personality. While I think 9 describes a system for how my functions are used and ordered when manifesting an outward personality, it still only plays off the base INTP (or any other type) characteristics. While I think I can display more F than some other INTP's, I most definitely know it isn't through Fi, as I have extremely low propensity for that function. Rather, it's expressed through my natural Fe, even though MBTI would usually place that as my 4th, inferior function. For me, it seems much less in the "inferior" role.

MBTI
    INTP

I've only taken one test, but I got 5, no wings.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I just thought it was interesting that the 9 correlates to a similar F type. But considering the ordering of the MBTI functions, if the INTP's natural Fe where to come to the forefront more, that'd *me resemble something more like an... ENTP, where the ordering of INTP (Ti Ne Si Fe) is switched to bring Ne to the front and Fe to the tertiary position and/or put before thinking in the specific situation which very seldom happens in my stereotypical INTP mode of personality. While I think 9 describes a system for how my functions are used and ordered when manifesting an outward personality, it still only plays off the base INTP (or any other type) characteristics. While I think I can display more F than some other INTP's, I most definitely know it isn't through Fi, as I have extremely low propensity for that function. Rather, it's expressed through my natural Fe, even though MBTI would usually place that as my 4th, inferior function. For me, it seems much less in the "inferior" role.
    You ever figure that you almost deliberately made your F stronger to balance your t? Balance being the motto and pattern in my case.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    You ever figure that you almost deliberately made your F stronger to balance your t? Balance being the motto and pattern in my case.
    Yea, for sure. That's what I mean. With the enneagram its how you choose to act and react outwardly, mbti is very deep down to how you think consciously and n the unconscious. Together, I see they paint a more holistic picture of your personality, in AND out. So when I talk about the ordering of MBTI functions as it relates to enneagram, I'm talking about how we CHOOSE to act outwardly, which may include taking our functions out of their usual ordering. That DOESN'T mean we're a different MBTI type, it just means we all have individual preferences in how we use our cognitive functions despite the rigid structures and patterns MBTI sometimes pits itself into.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Yea, for sure. That's what I mean. With the enneagram its how you choose to act and react outwardly, mbti is very deep down to how you think consciously and n the unconscious. Together, I see they paint a more holistic picture of your personality, in AND out. So when I talk about the ordering of MBTI functions as it relates to enneagram, I'm talking about how we CHOOSE to act outwardly, which may include taking our functions out of their usual ordering. That DOESN'T mean we're a different MBTI type, it just means we all have individual preferences in how we use our cognitive functions despite the rigid structures and patterns MBTI sometimes pits itself into.
    And I concur.

Just don't ask about integration of enneagram and MBTI around here... you may end up flatspotting your head on a desk!!