User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENFPs - What is your Ennegram Type?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - The Perfectionist

0 0%
  • 2 - The Helper

9 15.52%
  • 3 - The Achiever

3 5.17%
  • 4 - The Romantic

15 25.86%
  • 5 - The Thinker

2 3.45%
  • 6 - The Skeptic

4 6.90%
  • 7 - The Enthusiast

15 25.86%
  • 8 - The Leader

3 5.17%
  • 9 - The Peacemaker

7 12.07%
First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'd like to update my entry to most likely 4w5
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

read some frightful things about enneagram last night..yikes.

this isn't the scary bit but here's some info explaining how the 7's and 4's are different.

Fours and Sevens are vastly different, and except for a superficial similarity at Level 6 of both types, it would be difficult to see how anyone familiar with both could misidentify them for long.

It seems, however, that the basis for mistaking them is that both types tend to be excessiveSevens go to extremes in the external, material world with the lavishness and number of possessions and experiences they acquire. Highly materialistic, Sevens tend to become jaded and hardened, insensitive and demanding, selfish and uncaring about others. At Level 6, we have characterized them as The Excessive Materialist.

Fours at the same Level (The Self-Indulgent Aesthete) are also excessive and go to extremes, although emotional extremes. Emotionally self-indulgent, average Fours go for the big emotional charge in their fantasy lives, allowing themselves to feel and imagine anything, no matter how ultimately unrealistic or emotionally debilitating it might be. They wallow in their feelings and fantasies, squeezing the last breath of life from them to reinforce their sense of self. Thus the Four's self-indulgences are more internal and private, centered on the emotional world they inhabit. Outwardly, their emotional excess is expressed in an increasing preciosity and impracticality, an effete, over ripe decadence and sensuality that is the main point of similarity between the two types. While both types may become decadent and sensual, Sevens do so to dissipate themselves and thus flee from anxiety. By contrast, Fours embrace sensuality, luxuriating in sex or drink or drugs to heighten their emotions and to deaden the pain of their self-consciousness.

Both types share a love of fine, expensive things, although here too there are differences. Fours make do with fewer material things, cherishing beautiful objects for the sake of their beauty and the feelings that beauty awakens in them. A stone picked up on the beach or a twig with a single bud can quicken their aesthetic feelings and satisfy them. By contrast, while average Sevens want to possess beautiful objects, they become increasingly unappreciative and insensitive to the beauty or value of those objects. They become acquisitive not because they enjoy things for themselves but because possessing things provides a sense of security. And even more fundamentally, what excites Sevens is the stimulation they feel when they desire something new. The stimulation of their appetites reinforces their sense of self, although once they have actually acquired what they want, they usually lose interest in they acquisition. The pair of shoes that they were "dying" to have joins the racks with dozens of others; the fur coat they were drooling over for weeks suddenly becomes "that old thing" as they turn their attention to acquiring something else. In short, average Sevens tend to be acquisitive materialists, while average Fours tend to be languishing aesthetesvery different types. Compare the styles of Bob Dylan (a Four) and of Elton John (a Seven) and those of Ingmar Bergman (a Four) with Steven Spielberg (a Seven) to understand the difference.
    well...that's kind of awful too. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yeah..not exactly highlighting our finest moments, is it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned

7s have a blind faith the future will be better for them since the details to disprove them not getting what they want(reframed as needs of course)...aren't apparent yet.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

8w7

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

6w9

I think my skepticism comes from scoring 89% on the intuitive and also the way I was raised - in my house, I was constantly on high alert and full of anxiety as my brother had seizures and I felt it was my responsibility to watch him through the night so he wouldn't die. It wreaked havoc on my nerves as I hardly ever slept properly and I still have residua. It's taking years to get rid of the codependency-type feelings I have.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

6w9 isn't an enneagram type. You're probably a 6w7.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Just retook the test, now I understand the scoring - I'm 6w5 so/sp/sx - totally fits :o) Thanks again for your help!

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

An absolute 9 who was posing as a 7 and then a 2. Still working on the instinctual variant. Either SX/SO or SO/SX.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

garbage

Only ENFPs would have a 12-page thread about something as specific (to them) as this

Over on one of the Enneagram forums, they pegged me as a Three (mostly because I thanked them for their help, which they saw as image-oriented in a sense?), but I'm pretty sure my drive for individual significance is greater than that of achievement. Also, I've thought of myself as most every Enneagram type at one point or another. And pinning down my types has been way, way too important for me on a personal level.

So I'm gonna say that I'm 4w3, with a very strong wing. What threw me off about the Four is all of the talk of 'art' and 'emotions', which really aren't the focus (I had a similar problem with Three and descriptions' misconceptions of what its "image" is actually about).

And I'm hesitant to vote because I'm sure I'd want to change my answer tomorrow

I don't have the trifix completely figured out yet--6w7 or 7w6 is definitely in there--but I know that I'm so-first.