User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default Enneagram's worth

Do you really think Enneagram is a good system? It seems very different from MBTI for damn sure. It strikes me as being unscientific and almost like astrology.

With that said, I took two enneagram tests and scored the same both times in my dominant type, differently with the wings though. Both times I got 9 as the most dominant, but I also scored with 5 trailing behind by a super thin margin of about .3 points. It seems as if they only consider the one that gets the most points, but shouldn't it also consider traits of your second strongest type? I agree with the 9 dominance though. I do like to keep the peace when I can, when the truth isn't being beat on. In fact, I'd say it's probably what sets me apart from other INTP's sometimes; others on here have noted my attitude can be very atypical of an INTP. It is my understanding that most INTP's are primarily 5's?

The second time I tested (and I believe the second test was more thorough and accurate) I got a wing of 8, which I also agree with. That would probably be evident by the nature of my political posts :P . Either way, I can see these things don't go nearly as deep as MBTI, and it really seems like your dominant type would be subject to changing quite often... or maybe theres more to the types that I haven't yet read up on that makes them a bit more concrete.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I'm no serious student of the system, and the reason for that is I see limited use. It seems relatively accurate, but accuracy and a nickel'll get you a hot cup o' jack squat.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like it and relate to mine more then i'd like to admit but find it a bit odd that i don't see any other enfp's with the same one.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Looking into a few more things about mbti and enneagram, I see some interesting connections. I have been growing suspicious about my development of Fe, and about just how often I bring it to the forefront (in harmony or subjugation to Ti of course). What I find interesting is that apparently INTP's mostly test as 5's, while INFP's tend to test as 9's. Interesting indeed...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Enneagram has in my opinion just as much worth as MBTI. Don't judge it by the tests you've taken (which are in fact, much harder to write). There are a few weird little flaws with the system, which I think Magic and I got around (the wing system is kinda off, as are the arrows of integration/disintegration).

Anyway, all personality systems are just ways of describing personality traits, not much more. Enneagram is more about coping mechanisms, MBTI is more about cognition.

garbage

At the very least, it's interesting to compare people with the same MBTI type and different Enneagrams. Both tests shed vastly different lights on one's personality, exposing more of its general shape.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I actually think enneagram types are better for describing personality.

MBTI types are about how people think, which can manifest in many different ways.

Junior Member Magia Erebea User's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4W5

I personally think the Enneagram is pretty accurate.

MBTI
    INxJ

It certainly adds something that's missing from Socionics and MBTI. Frankly, it's best to just use all three systems and compile what's relevant to create a more whole picture.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I haven't found much worth for it yet. The groupings don't make much sense to me, seem very random.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel