User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Enneagram is good used with MBTI, it really pinpoints how people are. I think I'm a bit of a freak, 8w9 INFP. You never hear of that one much do you?
    thats almost impossible. so your weakest function that you need to protect is your dominant function? (yes i am dealing with the assumption that my table is usually correct on equating E# with a weak function being protected).

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    idk...i took two tests and got two different things

Type 1: 5 /// Type 1: 2
    Type 2: -4 /// Type 2: 2
    Type 3: -2 /// Type 3: 6
    Type 4: 2 /// Type 4: 5
    Type 5: 6 /// Type 5: 5
    Type 6: -6 /// Type 6: 4
    Type 7: 3 /// Type 7: 4
    Type 8: -4 /// Type 8: 6
    Type 9: 0 /// Type 9: 2

what the deuce?
    i just read through the descriptions for each and then decided which one was me (no tests).

seeing that you're ENTP i would start with reading type 7...

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Let's say for the sake of argument that MBTT f. order is valid (Which I don't believe.)

In that case, the INTP's Ti would so overpower the INFP's Te that orientation becomes irrelevant.
    Arguing for something you don't believe? So INTP
    INtj | 9w1

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I dunno about the system being a good one at all. I think I just got one of those lucky slots where everything seemed to fit me to a T. I relate 10x more to my enneagram type than I do my MBTI type (or any MBTI type to be more specific). I had to settle for what sounded the MOST like me, whereas on enneagrams I had a clear "This is definitely me through and through" response.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Enneagram is a great system. Most people who think otherwise haven't bothered to look into it.

I was mistaken about my type before, I'm 9w8 sx/so. Describes me much better than MBTI does.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Enneagram is a great system. Most people who think otherwise haven't bothered to look into it.
    I TOTALLY LOOKED INTO IT
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I dunno about the system being a good one at all. I think I just got one of those lucky slots where everything seemed to fit me to a T. I relate 10x more to my enneagram type than I do my MBTI type (or any MBTI type to be more specific). I had to settle for what sounded the MOST like me, whereas on enneagrams I had a clear "This is definitely me through and through" response.
    I'm totally seconding that one. 5w6 sp/sx/so matches me at least 10 times better than the ISTP definition, or the INTP definition for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Do you really think Enneagram is a good system? It seems very different from MBTI for damn sure. It strikes me as being unscientific and almost like astrology.

With that said, I took two enneagram tests and scored the same both times in my dominant type, differently with the wings though. Both times I got 9 as the most dominant, but I also scored with 5 trailing behind by a super thin margin of about .3 points. It seems as if they only consider the one that gets the most points, but shouldn't it also consider traits of your second strongest type? I agree with the 9 dominance though. I do like to keep the peace when I can, when the truth isn't being beat on. In fact, I'd say it's probably what sets me apart from other INTP's sometimes; others on here have noted my attitude can be very atypical of an INTP. It is my understanding that most INTP's are primarily 5's?

The second time I tested (and I believe the second test was more thorough and accurate) I got a wing of 8, which I also agree with. That would probably be evident by the nature of my political posts :P . Either way, I can see these things don't go nearly as deep as MBTI, and it really seems like your dominant type would be subject to changing quite often... or maybe theres more to the types that I haven't yet read up on that makes them a bit more concrete.

I haven't read through all the postings on this thread so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

I think it's vital to differentiate between the SYSTEM of the E and the TESTING of the system. I have found the system to be personally and professionally transformational, much more so than the MBTI even. It's highly differentiated once you get to understand it and, imo, is incredibly accurate at describing personality, ego motivations, etc. The tests have yet to be refined enough to be particularly accurate in their results. I'd suggest learning about the system in much more depth before making an assumption about its value or applicability.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I have found the Enneagram system much more helpful than the MBTI in helping me grow personally. I often post here not realizing that I'm talking about my E-type instead of my MBTI type. I do think the Enneagram system can be hard to understand due to its complexity though. Each type has 9 level of health and moves to other types, so it's a system constantly in motion. That is the system's connection to the actual symbol of the Enneagram.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    I'm E7, which is a lot like ESTP, my "shadow" type. How can playfulness and overwhelming optimism be a bad thing? When it keeps you from taking needed action. Like..."My kid's just immature. Surely nothing REALLY bad can be going on..." or "I'm sure that pain in my side will just go away...why see a doctor..." or "No need to rehash what happened, I'll just find better ways next time..." And so on. It's almost easy to see when the trap is kicking in. For ISTJs, though, for example, who have a perfectionist Enneagram type (I think that's 3's???) it can be way harder to see what is going on...

So these counselors aren't picking either MBTI or Enneagram but taking a both/and approach
    About the E7 example, wow. Yes.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I assumed it was hokum too, for many of the same reasons people have expressed, but 7 describes me so well. Whittle that down to 7w6, and I start thinking someone has been reading my diary (if I kept a diary, which I don't).
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp