User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

If the tool works then is it's worth defined by how well it works or by what means it was developed?

As an INTP 9 (possibly 9w8... not sure) I can definitely see your thinking on the whole atypical thinking and the increased F strength. Not so sure about the INFP link though, I tend to find I am more comfortable with ENFJ thinking than INFP... but there again both my sister and my best friend are ENFJs...
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I am in concert with Evan on this.

I'd especially like to emphasize it being easier for identifying personality. As I've pointed out in the past, the whole concept of the cognitive process is so internalized, and so much about psychological means, rather than ends, that it's really hard to connect the line between process and personality.

An additional effect of this is that I actually think it's easier to figure someone's Enneagram type. I'm not saying it's fast or easy, but I think easier than the MBTI, because the Enneagream is so much more relevant to the outward personality. You have specific motives, coping mechanisms, beliefs, and factors like these which people can only attempt to very indirectly tie to cognitive processes. The Enneagram directly deals with those things, and they are more outwardly obvious than what the Jungian systems deal with.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    If the tool works then is it's worth defined by how well it works or by what means it was developed?

As an INTP 9 (possibly 9w8... not sure) I can definitely see your thinking on the whole atypical thinking and the increased F strength. Not so sure about the INFP link though, I tend to find I am more comfortable with ENFJ thinking than INFP... but there again both my sister and my best friend are ENFJs...
    Not on topic, but ENFJ and INTP usually have Ti while INFP usually has Te. That might explain...
    INtj | 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    Not on topic, but ENFJ and INTP usually have Ti while INFP usually has Te. That might explain...
    Let's say for the sake of argument that MBTT f. order is valid (Which I don't believe.)

In that case, the INTP's Ti would so overpower the INFP's Te that orientation becomes irrelevant.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Let's say for the sake of argument that MBTT f. order is valid (Which I don't believe.)

In that case, the INTP's Ti would so overpower the INFP's Te that orientation becomes irrelevant.
    That's assuming a lot... what if some people are more than 100% and some less? What if the order doesn't necessarily map to a nice progressive increase in strength?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    That's assuming a lot... what if some people are more than 100% and some less? What if the order doesn't necessarily map to a nice progressive increase in strength?
    I know it's assuming a lot, which is what people do when they subscribe to MBTT function order.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

You know, for a community that so loves to give people quick glances and then smack them with a label, I really think the Enneagream would be more appropriate. You even get to brand people with a couple numbers! I'm surprised that it's not more popular.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I know it's assuming a lot, which is what people do when they subscribe to MBTT function order.
    Oooo beeeatch!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    You know, for a community that so loves to give people quick glances and then smack them with a label, I really think the Enneagream would be more appropriate. You even get to brand people with a couple numbers! I'm surprised that it's not more popular.
    Problem... people don't believe I was standing on my own two feet when I was branded...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

The enneagram is fun, mostly because there are clear distinctions between most of the types and I don't have to question it. I am pretty damn certain that I am a type 9. INFP on the other hand? I've questioned it so many times it's not funny.

I think it is possible to be almost any combination of Enneatype and MBTI type, mostly because they are in different realms. Type 9 especially; the motivations of type 9 can apply to nearly any type. People with feeling preferences may want "Peace" because conflict upsets them. People with Thinking preferences may want "Peace" because conflict distracts them or otherwise seems illogical.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    The enneagram is fun, mostly because there are clear distinctions between most of the types and I don't have to question it. I am pretty damn certain that I am a type 9. INFP on the other hand? I've questioned it so many times it's not funny.

I think it is possible to be almost any combination of Enneatype and MBTI type, mostly because they are in different realms. Type 9 especially; the motivations of type 9 can apply to nearly any type. People with feeling preferences may want "Peace" because conflict upsets them. People with Thinking preferences may want "Peace" because conflict distracts them or otherwise seems illogical.
    You might Think that but I couldn't possibly comment.