User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default Enneagram question

I posted this in the other enneagram thread but I got no reply and I'm deeply curious about this.

What's the W stand for?

similarminds.com's Enneagram Test said I scored highest on both type 3 and 8 with the same score, and then arbitrarily (?) went on to type me as 8 only. What does this mean? Is this what the W is all about? Am I a 3w8/8w3 then?

Can someone take the time to give me a brief explanation regarding the W, please? Thanks in advance

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes, W stands for Wing. That means you have some traits of the wing type aswell.

I am for example a 5, what is a Thinker with a 4 what is a dreamer . The other pairing that is possible according to classic Enneagram is 5w6 that is a more scientific Thinker, who is through the 6 loyal to the facts and reality.

Can recommend you this:

Enneagram of Personality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yes, W stands for Wing. That means you have some traits of the wing type aswell.

I am for example a 5, what is a Thinker with a 4 what is a dreamer . The other pairing that is possible according to classic Enneagram is 5w6 that is a more scientific Thinker, who is through the 6 loyal to the facts and reality.

Can recommend you this:

Enneagram of Personality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    But in your case the test labeled you as a 5w4 to begin with right?

I scored the same in types 8 and 3. But there isn't a 8w3 or 3w8 type. Your wings can only be the number next to your "primary" number right?

MBTI
    INTJ

That's correct.

MBTI
    INTJ

This site helped me determine my type.
    It takes a while to read through everything.
    Instead of taking a test, you use your own intelligence and self-knowledge to decide for yourself.
    It's more tedious, but I tried all the tests and got as many different answers!

The Enneagram Type Test

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes, the wing can only be the number next to your primary. I guess because Eneagram is so simple in its makeup that there are others tests on the net that bend eneagramms original meaning.

I have taken your test aswell and I got two results. I eventually found out the real result by accident and through someone who helped me getting an objective view of myself.

The link presented by INTJmom is one of the best and reliable sources you can stick to according to eneagramm.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

According to the conventional theory, your wing is the highest scoring of the two types next to your primary type. So I'm a 1, next to 1 is 9 and 2. I always score higher on 2 than I do on 9, so I'm a 1w2. That is correct.

Unforunately, I do not think the conventional wing system makes much sense at all. It seems based almost entirely on aesthetics, and not any meaningful relation to the rest of the system. Me and another user have attempted to propose a more systematic way of defining the wings. You can read about that here if you're interested: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...issonance.html
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Thanks for the link, INTJMom.Checking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropie
    I guess because Eneagram is so simple in its makeup that there are others tests on the net that bend eneagramms original meaning.
    Well I don't know about that, but I find it a bit hard to related to the descriptions I've read. On one hand I can definitely see myself as an 8 but only as far as independence go. Leading others is not my thing.

All I know is that Image-Awareness and
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    According to the conventional theory, your wing is the highest scoring of the two types next to your primary type. So I'm a 1, next to 1 is 9 and 2. I always score higher on 2 than I do on 9, so I'm a 1w2. That is correct.

Unforunately, I do not think the conventional wing system makes much sense at all. It seems based almost entirely on aesthetics, and not any meaningful relation to the rest of the system. Me and another user have attempted to propose a more systematic way of defining the wings. You can read about that here if you're interested: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...issonance.html
    Yes it seems a bit too vague and incoherent... Anyway, thanks for the explanation. So according to my test, after 8 and 3, 9 is where I score higher. So I guess that makes me a 8w9.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I was a 8w7 at the beginning

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

MBTI is good for explain how we think and process the world.

the enneagram is good for explaining behavior and motivations.

thats a very quick and dirty way to look at them.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1