User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 so/sx

in my understanding it's a misconception to see head types as the fear triad or fear types.

all types have their basic fear patterns. every individual has specific fears etc.

when you think patternwise about dangers in order to avoid them you're not a fear type in my eyes. it's a way to deal with things. that's all.

with the help of this thinking pattern head types also avoid the feeling of fear.
    So/Sx - neon - Club Tropicana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    in my understanding it's a misconception to see head types as the fear triad or fear types.

all types have their basic fear patterns. every individual has specific fears etc.

when you think patternwise about dangers in order to avoid them you're not a fear type in my eyes. it's a way to deal with things. that's all.

with the help of this thinking pattern head types also avoid the feeling of fear.
    I see your point, some of the toughest people I've met were cp 6s.

However, Enneagrams 5, 6, & 7 are more driven by fear, and it shapes their personality moreso than other enneagram types. The fear is existential and not the fear you see in fight or flight. It's due to pervasive uncertainty in the external environment & how to navigate it. Thus it is dealt with through analysis and pattern observation in order to create a sort of road map (less obvious in 7) as a reaction.
    "One man is worth ten thousand if he is extraordinary" - Heraclitus
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    471 sp/sx

I must admit, I was both disappointed and in denial when I typed as a 6w5. As I read about it, I find that it fits me well. Hopefully I can use it to empower myself instead of falling into an ever-spiraling self-critical depression, haha.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I must admit, I was both disappointed and in denial when I typed as a 6w5. As I read about it, I find that it fits me well. Hopefully I can use it to empower myself instead of falling into an ever-spiraling self-critical depression, haha.
    But it is the best type!

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    471 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    But it is the best type!
    Haha, prove it! You can't... because sometimes it's hell.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Haha, prove it! You can't... because sometimes it's hell.
    It's my type therefore it is

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Metis liked this post

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    471 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It's my type therefore it is
    I know

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I relate to some of this. Does anyone think I might be a 6 instead of a 5? Someone else here thought so in a PM, a while back. I'm inclined to think I'm too distant and detached to be a true 6... 6s are supposed to be more social and I'm definitely on the lower extreme end of the introversion/extraversion scale. But I'm interested in hearing other thoughts.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I relate to some of this. Does anyone think I might be a 6 instead of a 5? Someone else here thought so in a PM, a while back. I'm inclined to think I'm too distant and detached to be a true 6... 6s are supposed to be more social and I'm definitely on the lower extreme end of the introversion/extraversion scale. But I'm interested in hearing other thoughts.
    Are 6's more social? I don't think extroversion is connected that closely. But I will ask: Do you gain more confidence/security in or from acquiring knowledge or trying to figure out what will happen and head it off at the pass?

I think that is fundimental differences in core. You do have a wing but the wing normally reinforces the core, not the other way around. So for me? Gathering information/acquiring knowledge facilitates troubleshooting. Troubleshooting is the end goal. To minimize uncertainty. Gathering knowledge for its own sake doesn't make me feel more secure. (i.e. If only I could know more 5ness).
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes JocktheMotie, Metis liked this post

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Are 6's more social? I don't think extroversion is connected that closely. But I will ask: Do you gain more confidence/security in or from acquiring knowledge or trying to figure out what will happen and head it off at the pass?
    I think it's just from acquiring knowledge. Rarely is it so interested in being practical. I think often the amount of practicality is inversely proportional to my interest in it. I guess that make me a 5.

Anyway, the OP suggested that 6s were more social.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post