User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Osama Bin Laden?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 12

Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Osama Bin Laden

  1. #11
    Senior Member HisKittyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Without a doubt a controlling manipulative INFJ. He was also sneaky and untrustworthy. People with pathology are not so easy to type. 1w9 or maybe 8w9.

  2. #12
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HisKittyKat View Post
    Without a doubt a controlling manipulative INFJ. He was also sneaky and untrustworthy. People with pathology are not so easy to type. 1w9 or maybe 8w9.
    I'm reading a book called The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 which won the pulitzer prize. Thanks @ceecee for the recommendation!! It's been sitting in my living room for months waiting to get read. The book's amazing. It includes a lot of information on his life and what he was like and the overall history and dynamics that led to the radical muslim beliefs which started years before.

    It seems clear to me that he is an INFJ based on what's in the book. I'm not so sure about Enneagram type but am guessing he could have been an unbalanced 6w5 given the paranoia, fanaticism/intensity and loyalty.

    They speculate he was afflicted by Addison's disease. He was always getting sick.

    Interestingly enough, he was the son of Mohammed bin Laden, who had over 25 wives and at least 54 children, of which Osama was one. Mohammed had a tendency of marrying the wives and then divorcing them a few years later and giving them to his employees. He married Osama's mother when he was 14 and then after she had children, he gave her to one of his executives. He in fact died while flying to marry another one. The culture of polygamy seems to a tradition in some areas within the Muslim culture. Osama felt this was excessive and had only four wives that tended to be educated career women.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  3. #13
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm reading a book called The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 which won the pulitzer prize. Thanks @ceecee for the recommendation!! It's been sitting in my living room for months waiting to get read. The book's amazing. It includes a lot of information on his life and what he was like and the overall history and dynamics that led to the radical muslim beliefs which started years before.

    It seems clear to me that he is an INFJ based on what's in the book. I'm not so sure about Enneagram type but am guessing he could have been an unbalanced 6w5 given the paranoia, fanaticism/intensity and loyalty.

    They speculate he was afflicted by Addison's disease. He was always getting sick.

    Interestingly enough, he was the son of Mohammed bin Laden, who had over 25 wives and at least 54 children, of which Osama was one. Mohammed had a tendency of marrying the wives and then divorcing them a few years later and giving them to his employees. He married Osama's mother when he was 14 and then after she had children, he gave her to one of his executives. He in fact died while flying to marry another one. The culture of polygamy seems to a tradition in some areas within the Muslim culture. Osama felt this was excessive and had only four wives that tended to be educated career women.
    You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it. It's a fantastic book (not sure how I feel about the coming movie). Another one that you might want to consider is Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001: Steve Coll: 9780143034667: Amazon.com: Books It goes more into the Soviet invasion all the way to right before 9/11, the CIA analysis and talks a lot about Ahmad Shah Massoud. Many things have been written about him but I seriously doubt Americans generally know who he was and what he did.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes iwakar liked this post

  4. #14
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    One interesting contrast between bin Laden and Hitler is how directly opposite their facial expression is. I don't know what it means exactly, but Hitler's face has a lot of intensity, tension, and contortion and bin Laden's face always has completely relaxed musculature. It might be enneagram related, but I think he was completely at peace about his violence. There is something directly opposite about the two, even though they can be compared as sociopathic leaders, etc.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  5. #15
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    One interesting contrast between bin Laden and Hitler is how directly opposite their facial expression is. I don't know what it means exactly, but Hitler's face has a lot of intensity, tension, and contortion and bin Laden's face always has completely relaxed musculature. It might be enneagram related, but I think he was completely at peace about his violence. There is something directly opposite about the two, even though they can be compared as sociopathic leaders, etc.
    I agree. I think this had much to do with bin Laden's success at winning people over (his money helped) and his mission came from a higher place. He was approachable, soft spoken, easy to talk to. As we can see on a daily basis, that type of personality can go very far when it comes to leading people and the opposite will drive people away no matter how right you might be. Screaming fails almost 100% of the time in leadership roles.

    I always felt he was probably a 9 of some kind but possibly a 6.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

  6. #16
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it. It's a fantastic book (not sure how I feel about the coming movie). Another one that you might want to consider is Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001: Steve Coll: 9780143034667: Amazon.com: Books It goes more into the Soviet invasion all the way to right before 9/11, the CIA analysis and talks a lot about Ahmad Shah Massoud. Many things have been written about him but I seriously doubt Americans generally know who he was and what he did.
    I'm not quite halfway done but it's extraordinary.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  7. #17
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    A douche
    Indeed he was.

    However he made the West realize that terrorist is not just Asian and African problem.

    The country I am from was plagued with terrorism. The armed forced could have easily defeated them if not for Western powers (England, Canada, USA) forcing arms and economic embargoes on my nation.

    Then Osama struck the USA.

    Things changed.

    USA gave the green light to our nation (under Bush administration) to go butcher the terrorists and that the armed forces of my country did 8 years later.



    For us Osama is the asshole who indirectly helped our nation end the bloody civil war.
    .

  8. #18
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,628

    Default

    Definitely INFJ. I want to read this book now...

  9. #19
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,026

    Default

    Sounded like bin Laden had daddy issues, hence why he fought against authoritarian regimes and figures. The bush quote was very cp6.

    Premised on the little that I know, he does strike me as an unhealthy INFJ. What's interesting is that ENFP is the INFJ shadow. This might account for the strong Fi resonance.

Similar Threads

  1. Bin Laden dead
    By pure_mercury in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 275
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 11:45 AM
  2. Pictures of dead terrorists at Bin Laden compound
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 12:03 PM
  3. Disney capitalizing on Bin Laden's death
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 05:08 PM
  4. Omar Bin Laden, Osama's son
    By Lightyear in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 04:01 AM
  5. Bin Laden's Bad Rep
    By Blackwater in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO