User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Emmanuel Macron?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

123 Last

Thread: Emmanuel Macron

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Emmanuel Macron

Emmanuel Macron

Emmanuel Macron - Wikipedia

Notable traits I've noticed in him:

-Extremely brilliant mind. Before he became an investment banker, a minister and a (very likely) president, he studied philosophy, not politics, and was the assistant of Paul Ricoeur.

-He can be clumsy and almost impersonal when he has to deliver a speech during a meeting, but he's an exceptional debater face to face.

-He prefers little teams of friends to large crowds

-Outstanding memory. He never uses notes or a teleprompter. Very quick to learn.

-Idea oriented man, very logical, and gifted with figures and abstract concepts. Pragmatist to the extreme, obsessed with "what works" or not...

-He has a soft spot, almost romantic when you know him (hence his past attraction to the political Left), but he tries not to express it in public. It's difficult nonetheless to figure his emotions.

-He has his own routines, but despite being a very organized man, he's almost always late during appointments, even very important ones

So my guess, so far, is INTJ
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Socionics
    LSI Se

"What I built first is a clear and consistent vision. We are pro-innovation, pro-education, in order to reduce inequality of chances."

From what I've heard of him, he sounds like an adept synthesizer of information.
    In challenge lies opportunity.

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I am going with ENTJ or ESFP. ENTJ >>>>>>>>>> ESFP > INTJ

He seems like a most obvious extrovert.

ENTJs can come across as clumsy. I've seen plenty of ENTJs who do when not in a serious mood. I know one ENTJ female from this forum who was also a vent regular who was extremely clumsy and silly when not in a serious mood. She is an ENTJ if there ever was one.

INTJ would never! Maybe for a brief second they would but they wouldn't enjoy or feel comfortable being in a silly clumsy mode for long.

-He has his own routines, but despite being a very organized man, he's almost always late during appointments, even very important ones
    Kinda sound like Napoleon.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

He s far too bland a bullshitter to know. I mean the guy hardly communicates any meaningful information when he talks.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    "What I built first is a clear and consistent vision. We are pro-innovation, pro-education, in order to reduce inequality of chances."

From what I've heard of him, he sounds like an adept synthesizer of information.
    That's just more bland "We are for all the good things, and against all the bad things". The guy hardly communicates one idea everyone already agrees with anyway (like "violence is bad") per minute. Listening to him talk is like mind death.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That's just more bland "We are for all the good things, and against all the bad things". The guy hardly communicates one idea everyone already agrees with anyway (like "violence is bad") per minute. Listening to him talk is like mind death.
    He's a very quiet, focused and mild-mannered man. The opposite of Mélenchon (= unsufferable demagogue who insults half of his staff every 15 minutes; I tried to work for him in 2012, it was a disaster).

What you described is his "impersonal mode" during his public speeches. When he tries to communicate with a large crowd, he tries to simplify to the extreme a very complex pattern of thoughts, quotes and metaphors, hence his apparent clumsiness. Have you ever tried to popularize Habermas dialectics, my dear Eck ? For instance, to fully understand what he really means by "en même temps" (= in the same time), you should have read John Rawls and Ricoeur.

However, when he addresses an individual, suddenly the full complexity reappears. He's a really talented intellectual... but like Red Herring once wrote, unfortunately there's a lot of prejudice and lack of understanding against intellectuals nowadays. So he has to hide it, to conceal it, unless he is interviewed, for instance, by France Culture or another fellow intellectual. Enthoven was, for instance, very impressed (-> Twitter "Whether you like him or not, a minister who quotes Hegel and Jaurès in less than three minutes deserves to be listened" ). "Affirmer la liberté, c'est prendre sur soi l'origine du mal"... is a far more complex sentence than "violence is bad", don't you agree ?

That's why I would not say he's an extrovert, because clearly communicating with crowds is not his "thing". He's not a demagogue, plus he hates lies, a very unusual trait for a politician (that's precisely why he's a kind of alien being in this milieu). However, the way he fully dominated Le Pen during the debate, to the point of ridiculing her, shows how powerful he can be face to face.

And apparently, according to his staff, he needs time to be alone before a stressful event, even it's only five minutes sometimes.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post

He seems like a most obvious extrovert.
    No way.

You have to realize that this guy is really an ALIEN, an enigma for us. He's not your stereotypical politician.

Remember he married a woman 24 years older than him. While he's gifted and very natural when he interacts with children, he doesn't want any.

Kinda sound like Napoleon.
    Possibly. The two apparently shared a very analytical, mathematical mind.

7w8 SCUxI

I know almost nothing about the guy but he gives me ENTP/ENFP vibe.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

An interview of Emmanuel Macron in English, about Brexit and its consequences:

"I'm probably not a typical French politician"... That's a good euphemism...

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Now that I remember, there's another trait of personality that strikes me with Emmanuel.

Most politicians, you know, want to feel "in charge" when they address you. They represent "power" and want you to be aware of it, even if you're here to advise them in a friendly way. They like to intimidate you, whether by their qualities, their charisma, or their political status.

Emmanuel is not like this AT ALL. When I talked with him, I was surprised because he was listening all the time and reacted accordingly, like a studious pupil taking notes. He's very straighforward, ask very precise questions, and can easily switch his opinion according to what you're suggesting. He's the opposite of a dogmatic man.
    A friend of mine, Daniel Cohn-Bendit, nicknamed him "le petit Emmanuel" (little Emmanuel). But you have to understand that this nickname is not, in fact, condescending (nor descriptive, since Emmanuel is taller than Dany), but rather relates to the way he interacts with his acquaintances.

7w8 SCUxI