• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Aaliyah

What Personality Type is Aaliyah?

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

• ENFJ

• INTP

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aaliyah
71d654aa3bdff10da9321b7d3d2fe051.png

You Must Be Registered To Vote

Decided to post this in honor of the 15th anniversary of her passing. RIP Babygirl we miss you. :heart:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Queen of the Damned is bad in all the best ways.

I will need to watch the interviews before I can give a say. I vaguely recall people typing her (e?)STJ though.

edit: first interview seems to confirm Fi & Te is some kind of way.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Queen of the Damned is bad is all the best ways.

I will need to watch the interviews before I can give a say. I vaguely recall people typing her (e?)STJ though.

STJ is interesting. She gives off an SFP vibe in her music/image, but she always emphasized creative control so I can see that working as a J type too.

The second interview is more of a fun "rapid fire" interview...I've been trying to find patterns of thinking and stuff. It seems she doesn't really like to disclose much about her personal life; as a celebrity she says she has certain parts of her life that she likes to "keep for herself". Although that's probably true with most celebrities, it's interesting to see her explanation behind it. It seems like she didn't have many problems with compartmentalizing.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] would you mind fixing the poll? Idk what happened other than a glitch but there's an extra option on the poll that says "Enneagram" lol

ilovefroyo21

MBTI Type
INTP
If anecdotal evidence and uncited theorizing means anything to you read my post....

I am an INTP, one test I had taken had almost typed me as INTJ. But, I think like my personality with pent up anxiety is very INTJ. I don't know for sure though. People have always told me I reminded them of Aaliyah since I was around 12. I've been on an Aaliyah kick lately and watched many of her interviews before she blew up in the late nineties, and I must say, I do find ourselves eerily similar.

1) She was mature at a very young age. She said that she began planning her career seriously at the age of ten, and I do believe she truly wanted a career within the entertainment biz and that it wasn't just her parents pimping her out. She stated in an interview from 92/93 that she made her parents enroll her in singing classes as a kid, and that those classes helped her a lot. Even though this is gossip and may not be true, I heard through the grapevine that her mother was not the smartest, which means she probably had to grow up and care for herself early in her life. She married a 27 year old R. Kelly at the age of 15. Plus, R.Kelly is generally described as a quirky yet funny guy and nobody understood his appeal to her. And as an INTP female, all the men I am attracted to are either weird, hilarious or both. However, my best friend is INFP and she finds herself in the same predicament men wise.

2) She was always described as intelligent and pensive. She always took academia seriously, and held a 3.9 GPA in high school despite being away recording. She was also future-oriented and always wanted to better herself or evolve her public persona. She also wasn't in sports as far as I know, as she attended an arts school. This shows that she's an "N". I'm pretty positive that she is an "N", out of anything.

3) Producers that worked with her around the time of her debut stated that she was very flexible whenever they needed her on the drop of a dime. R. Kelly needed her for a part in a song immediately, and she came through. This shows the "P" side of her. She was also described as being laid back, and apparently she slept a lot. That sounds like a perceiver to me. However, the fact that she planned her career at a young age and had strong work ethic shows that she may be a judger. She always preached putting in hard work and long hours over being laid back and riding the waves in life. This shows a strong "J" side to her.

4) A piece done by the Rolling Stone after she passed stated that she was "quiet" and reserved but never hesitated to be goofy around her then boyfriend when they were at his place. As an INTP, I come off as very quiet in front of new people, however if I'm near my loved ones I have a silly side. But this is like most introverts, honestly. Also, her tone of voice around the time she was starting out (before standard show biz media training basically) was soft and timid. She also stated in the same interview from 92/93 that she wasn't popular in high school and only had a couple of friends, despite having success. Someone that knew her from high school also said on an internet forum she wasn't popular and that she got bullied by a group of mean girls. However, there are people like Lil Kim that said she loved to party and have fun when she had the chance, but at the same time she still had an angelic and innocent aura. This in particular reminds me a lot of myself. People that meet me when I choose to let loose at a party vs. during the day would probably be very confused. I'm a social chameleon went I want to be. But just because a person likes to let loose occasionally wouldn't automatically make them an extrovert. Nadine Ellis also stated in an interview that during lunch breaks on video shoots, she would sit with the dance crew and ask about their daily lives. Even though this may seem like something like an extrovert would do, I have an INFP friend who enjoys making small talk with anyone and everyone. Plus, Nadine made it seem that she asked in a way that was caring, and that she actually wanted to know a day in a life of a dancer. I think an extrovert's motives to socialize would be to gain energy and make pure small talk without pondering the conversation that went down. Aaliyah herself stated in an interview that she is so shy that she makes the producer she's working with black out the lights in the recording booth so nobody can watch her sing. And when they showed a clip to the audience of her in RMD, she was wincing and looking away from the monitor. Aaliyah seemed like an introvert to me, and I believe that typing her as an introvert is accurate.

5) Her physical style was as INTP as a pop star can get. Around the time of her debut, she wore baggy clothes, sunglasses and no makeup. She also stated that she really disliked wearing makeup if she isn't working. She was a tomboy, yet around the time of her death she sneaked in some kind of sex appeal. Basically, she dressed as boy-ish and nonchalantly as much as her PR firm let her. She was also always trying shying away from the mainstream as much as she could during her whole career. She always wanted to be doing something no else is. She took a risk by working with Timbaland when he was starting in the nineties because of his futuristic sounds. She also wanted to make a UK garage inspired album, but unfortunately she died before that came into fruition. Her debut album is nothing a 14 would record in terms of maturity, style and general tone.

Now, my answer is offbeat and may seem inaccurate to some but it's hard to type Aaliyah for so many reasons. If I were to type her, I would say INTJ, second choice INFP, and a close third for INTP. But I am positive that she is INXX. Not sure is she's perceiving or judging, as there's conflicting evidence for all sides of F/T/J/P in the form of interviews and hearsay, which is all we will know about her. My guesses are based off my intuition and comparisons to other INTJ/INTP/INFP females, including myself and my peers. I don't mean to brag at all, but I'm a massive MBTI nerd, and most people who I type end up getting the same result I perceived that they would have. Most people who knew her seemed to admire her and most describe her as innocent, kind, innovative, mature and private.

Again, unfortunately, typing Aaliyah is very difficult. The internet wasn't very accessible when her career was taking off, so nobody really knows a great deal about her. However, I think celebrities in general are very difficult to type, since nobody knows if their public persona is an accurate representation of their authentic personalities off camera. For all we know, Kylie Jenner could be a mastermind, however that is unlikely lolol. But alas, I tried. :bye:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Queen of the Damned is bad in all the best ways.

Random bump, but I feel like Aaliyah's Interaction Style is Chart The Course. Following the theory that would narrow it down to IxTx types (minus INTP) and also INFJ. I could actually see her as ISTJ, but it's hard for me to hone in on the Jungian type that rules her ego.

She was very Capricorn in the sense of how planned and meticulous she was with her career. I feel like in terms of dichotomy J would suit her. I know she has a chill, laid-back vibe but I think that's all it is - the vibe she had. Her actual nature suggests she was more J to me.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP

Idolize, bangles charms, activated when asked questions, references her idolized memories. That bath thing is Si tertiary I suspect.