• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donald Trump

What Personality Type is Donald Trump?

• Total voters

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
An e3 with very, very scant contact with the introverted functions is my guess.

I really don't see this at all. 3s carefully construct their "facade" so to speak. We chameleon to be liked and revered, and put a lot of effort into figuring who we need to be in each situation. I don't see this in Trump. He's blunt, impulsive, and offensive. He doesn't work to earn respect, he forces others into submission instead. 3's don't force, they woo. I suspect that a lot of the people who end up voting for Trump will do so begrudgingly, either out of hatred for Clinton, or loyalty to the right wing. I think only a select group of people actually find him appealing.

I definitely see him as an 8. He exerts control, or at least attempts to. His foreign policy is ALL about dominance. Whereas a 3 would put much more emphasis on diplomacy, and trying to manipulate a situation in their favor.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really don't see this at all. 3s carefully construct their "facade" so to speak. We chameleon to be liked and revered, and put a lot of effort into figuring who we need to be in each situation. I don't see this in Trump. He's blunt, impulsive, and offensive. He doesn't work to earn respect, he forces others into submission instead. 3's don't force, they woo. I suspect that a lot of the people who end up voting for Trump will do so begrudgingly, either out of hatred for Clinton, or loyalty to the right wing. I think only a select group of people actually find him appealing.
Agreed, strongly. I have changed my mind since making that assessment.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Agreed, strongly. I have changed my mind since making that assessment.

Oh, well good! :) As a 3 I just felt the need to step in and distance myself from Trump as MUCH as possible.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I definitely see him as an 8. He exerts control, or at least attempts to. His foreign policy is ALL about dominance. Whereas a 3 would put much more emphasis on diplomacy, and trying to manipulate a situation in their favor.

To be honest I also see e3. 3 that tries to look like an 8 in order to appeal to his voting base. Also when you take a look at some of his old stuff from 20 years ago you will see pretty different person, what suggests image focus. You don't relate to him since he is not Fe-dom and has different values and gender. However that doesn't mean that you may not share enneagram core, after all there is 7.3 billion people on the planet and only enneagram 9 types.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

This actually convinced me that he is a 3 rather than an 8. I don't think what he says is what he believes and he's actually said before that he doesn't want people to "know the game plan" and that if he were to run for president he would run as a republican because they're the easiest to dupe.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always thought he was an 8w7, but now I'm having doubts. He might be a 3w4.

I'm a 3w4 and I can tell you being "myself" is VERY important to me. Yes, I project an image, but its almost automatic and its less polished and clean than the image that I see 3w2s project. I value projecting an image that doesn't get me into trouble (not the case with Trump - he might be an 8 because of that) by its extremes but that is "sincere" and "real" nonethless.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always thought he was an 8w7, but now I'm having doubts. He might be a 3w4.

I'm a 3w4 and I can tell you being "myself" is VERY important to me. Yes, I project an image, but its almost automatic and its less polished and clean than the image that I see 3w2s project. I value projecting an image that doesn't get me into trouble (not the case with Trump - he might be an 8 because of that) by its extremes but that is "sincere" and "real" nonethless.

His 3w4 image is to be seen as a man's man... powerful, successful, possessing sexual process, connoisseur of women. His game is to flaunt and project.

Tomb1

In the first debate between Trump and Hillary, Trump lost opportunities to press Hillary about his take on the emails. He got caught up defending himself about his tax returns. this happened a number of times. he constantly lost opportunities to meet her attacks with his own attacks. He ended up off message because he couldn't resist defending his past accomplishments. And he has hurt himself with this latest hot mic scandal due to his incurable itch to brag and impress. In this case he wanted to impress Billy Bush.

His main weakness is bragging and self-promotion, that, in turn, causes him to lose ground because he is compelled to defend his past accomplishments. Trump can stay on the offensive for a bit but when he’s unscripted his natural reflex is to self-promote and defend his past record in a way that just comes across tone deaf. An example of this occurred at the DNC convention when the Khans called out Trump for not having sacrificed anything. Trump went into his usual defensive posture where he rifles through all the sacrifices he had made to build his business. He had much better options to choose from in his response to the Khans that would have retained the offensive against Hillary and kept himself on message but he got caught up in a whirlwind defensive posture. the need to defend past accomplishments is so strong that Trump couldn't resist and within a few days his popularity sank. In contrast, look at Saddam Hussein…when did you ever hear Saddam Hussein bragging in interviews what a huge success he was as dictator….during Saddam's trial Saddam never got hung up trying to defend his record as dictator in spite of all the accusations made against him by the court. He always maintained the offensive, rather than letting the court's attacks put him on the defense about his record, hussein always met the court's charge at him with a charge of his own against the court.

So yeah, my typing for Trump has changed from 8w7 sp/so to 3w2 so/sp. I see/grasp him at a gut level in a different way than I did previously to the point that I can no longer stick with 8w7 sp/so as his core type. Don't forget that so/sp is the more combative and angry stacking. Hitler was also so/sp. That's why some of you may see similarities between Trump and Hitler. It's due to their both being so/sp. But again, Trump's core e-type is 3w2, so the so/sp 3w2 is a lot more loud and proud about their accomplishments than a so/sp 1w9 like Hitler is. some other examples of 3w2 so/sp: gordon ramsay, tabatha coffey, tyson fury, chael sonnen, rhonda rousey, floyd mayweather, muhammad ali, ricardo mayorga, "apollo creed"

And here is the photo gallery for 3w2 so/sp: 1000+ images about 3w2 so/sp on Pinterest | Kurt Angle and Ronda Rousey

and here are examples of the type I initially thought Trump was, 8w7 sp/so: 1000+ images about 8w7 sp/so on Pinterest | Freddie Foreman, Joe Arpaio and Mafia

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To be honest I also see e3. 3 that tries to look like an 8 in order to appeal to his voting base. Also when you take a look at some of his old stuff from 20 years ago you will see pretty different person, what suggests image focus. You don't relate to him since he is not Fe-dom and has different values and gender. However that doesn't mean that you may not share enneagram core, after all there is 7.3 billion people on the planet and only enneagram 9 types.

Multiply that by wings and variations of instinctual variants (and tritype variations as well). Not a simple nice and easy 9 is there? Still of course very minuscule in comparison to the worlds population.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I see him now as an ESTP 8w7-3w4-7w8 Sx/So

Antimony96

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTP 8w7. With the crown here, I guess.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
He has the 'foot in mouth' problem so many ESTPs have, and which many of us fail to recognize or control until it blows up in our face.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm afraid that's a misproper usage of unhealthy. A man who is as wealthy as he is really makes it to where being that successful requires either he is very old money or extremely corrupt in business which I believe he is neither of those.

I read a recent study that can be believed that said, 4 out of 5 CEOs are narcissts. I mean, if you think about it, someone who always thrives to be the boss of a thing and then the boss of that thing and so on, how many people do you know who are that way? Of course there are people who want to be the boss of a thing or want to be rich but to be like Trump that must be your religion. The same applies probably for all politicians.

I have become very hesitating that the leaders these days really earned it. I am still more a fan of those who were made leader, cause they are just good at what they do. This time it is a vote without naturals and people notice that...

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ESTP, 8w7-3w4-7w6 sp/sx, Ravenclaw, True Neutral, Gemini, Sanguine-Choleric, Heir of Life.... I can't think of any other personality systems.

I am really hype for Grand Old Academy, a dating sim where you get to date all the republican candidates. First thing I'm doing is romance Trump.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Here is why I said 3 that plays to be an 8 in order to appeal to the people. (plus since he is ESTP he is doing quite good regarding that)

8s can't run circles around people like he can and neither they are trully interesed in doing that. The man has natural talent for making a show.