• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tom Hughes

What Personality Type is Tom Hughes?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFP

• ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

casea

MBTI Type
INTP
Tom Hughes - one of my favourite British actors.

You Must Be Registered To Vote

YouTube

(1:43-3:11)
[on the similarities between him and his character]: "He knows what he thinks is right … He'll listen to his instincts, and really think about his argument, and if he's correct, and if he's gone through every pathway, and he's right, he'll speak his mind. It doesn't really bother him who he's talking to. … His temperament is quite similar to mine. … I think I'm like that in some ways."

(3:29)
[on his costume] "Apparently it's a rule that you have to wear wigs and gowns in court, which I just think is… let them just hang out, come in tracky bottoms, wear what you want to wear!"

YouTube

He doesn't really talk about his personality in this interview, but he seems Introverted (he's soft-spoken, he listens intently to others) and Intuitive (in one response, he goes from talking about the backstory he made up for his character to the complexities of the script (4:50-5:36)).

He seems very interested in discussing his ideas and his own experiences, so I'd guess INFP. But I could also see ISFP because he seems very modest, present, and responsive to other people.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Tom Hughes - one of my favourite British actors.

You Must Be Registered To Vote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfOSMwSKtr4

(1:43-3:11)
[on the similarities between him and his character]: "He knows what he thinks is right … He'll listen to his instincts, and really think about his argument, and if he's correct, and if he's gone through every pathway, and he's right, he'll speak his mind. It doesn't really bother him who he's talking to. … His temperament is quite similar to mine. … I think I'm like that in some ways."

(3:29)
[on his costume] "Apparently it's a rule that you have to wear wigs and gowns in court, which I just think is… let them just hang out, come in tracky bottoms, wear what you want to wear!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHFU6MzG8sk

He doesn't really talk about his personality in this interview, but he seems Introverted (he's soft-spoken, he listens intently to others) and Intuitive (in one response, he goes from talking about the backstory he made up for his character to the complexities of the script (4:50-5:36)).

He seems very interested in discussing his ideas and his own experiences, so I'd guess INFP. But I could also see ISFP because he seems very modest, present, and responsive to other people.

I think INFP is very possible and I'd say INFP is more accurate than ISFP, but just because he doesn't seem much like an SP. Definitely feeling the Fi. I'd say IXXP is a good start.

casea

MBTI Type
INTP
From a more recent interview... Tom Hughes finds success on BBC America | Examiner Enterprise

on acting: "'I enjoy the surprise and the lack of structure. I can't stand structure,' he says, waving his hands, palm down."

in general: "I've always wanted to break with tradition. I've never been happy with just accepting ‘this is the way things are.’"

Could this narrow it down from IXXP? I can see an INFP or INTP disliking both structure and tradition. Would an ISFP or ISTP have such a strong stance against either?

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Those quotes don't really narrow it down. I still think INFP for Hughes.