User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Daniel Day-Lewis?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 234

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

cast my vote..
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INFJ

Can someone point out to me where and how DDL is using Fe?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jmm124567 View Post
    I don't think you understand that there are different "schools" of method acting. Brando is an SP method actor whereas Day-Lewis is an NJ method actor. Brando was known for his improvisational skills and realism (Se). Day-Lewis is not. Day-Lewis is more of a technical actor. He's left-brained. He's an NJ.
    I don't know about the various schools of acting, but while Brando was a realist actor, I think much the same can be said about DDL. I still see a technical aspect in both actors, unless you can illustrate how they differ.

His acting method is judger-oriented. He does a lot of pre-planning. He doesn't really improvise. When he takes a role he becomes a workaholic and has a lot of discipline. Also look at how selective he is about roles. He takes a rational and long-term view in role selection. Since doing Lincoln he says he won't act for at least another 5 years because it's too hard for him to top that performance. I think he wants his Lincoln performance to fade from people's minds then he will come out an give another grand performance. I also think there is a little bit of narcissism to him. His acting style is grandiose. I think he wants to be the best actor deep down and he uses his Fe to act more humble than he really is. Isn't Fe prone to fakeness and being nice simply for the sake of being nice? Narcissism is somewhat linked to INFJ's but there not as narcissistic as INTJ's.
    The qualities you mention as being judger-oriented apply to ISFPs really well. I do think it's possible DDL is an intuitive, in which case I'd venture to guess INFP. I just don't see Fe, so if you're seeing it I'd love to know where and when. As for your comments about narcissism, that's all actors. There is narcissism and proneness to fakeness in INFJs, yes, but the acting more humble than he really is ... again, actors are like that.

P.S. On the set of "Gangs of New York" he listened to Eminem at times to pump himself up. Would an Se-dom/aux really have to do that? He does things like this to get in the right mindset.
    I don't think this particular "technique" is specific to type. I know an ISTP who's training for a marathon and he has a special mix to pump himself up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

SX/SP 5w4 INFJ.
    It isn't necessary to believe everything is true, only what is necessary. ~Kafka [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] World Wildlife Fund SO/SX 5w4 4w5 1w9 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

He's a righteous dude.
    This is not going to go the way you think....
    Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

so/sx e34 enfj?

thinking of you