User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Daniel Day-Lewis?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

@odettetoabird I always thought INFJ when I saw him play, but after seeing that interview video and reading your comments I'd say INFP yeah. He seems more relaxed than me for instance, which I often associate with P & J preferences.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Daniel Day-Lewis

I am not sure about this one.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INFJ 4w3 is my vote but I'm not confident on the enneagram. He has more of 3 icy confidence to me than a 5 wing detachment. I do think he's a 4. I'm not even sure why INFJ is up for debate. INFJ males are pretty easy to spot, IMO, it's the women who may look like other types (or maybe they really are ISFJ).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    INFJ 4w3 is my vote but I'm not confident on the enneagram. He has more of 3 icy confidence to me than a 5 wing detachment. I do think he's a 4. I'm not even sure why INFJ is up for debate. INFJ males are pretty easy to spot, IMO, it's the women who may look like other types (or maybe they really are ISFJ).
    I agree with what she says here.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Well, FWIW, I think some of the biggest method actors were SP as well (Brando, Dean, Mickey Rourke, etc. Many who are confusing on the NJ/SP thing in their own right). Personally, I suck at acting, but I tried getting into it when I was younger. That doesn't mean much, but it was the door that opened the prospect and interest, at least. If that makes sense? Some actors have a more "thespian" motivation to get into it, but it was the understated psychological study that appealed to me.
    I have to agree with this. Method acting seems rather SP to me. I just don't get how an Ni-lead wouldn't get bored with the method aspect. But an SP uses it as a tool of accessing their characters. Brando seems the quintessential SP actor.

As for DDL, I don't get Ni-Fe from him at all, not INFJ. He picks roles that require physical transformation. His most famous roles involve bodily alteration or camouflage. He uses Se in his work. Most likely ISFP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    I have to agree with this. Method acting seems rather SP to me. I just don't get how an Ni-lead wouldn't get bored with the method aspect. But an SP uses it as a tool of accessing their characters. Brando seems the quintessential SP actor.

As for DDL, I don't get Ni-Fe from him at all, not INFJ. He picks roles that require physical transformation. His most famous roles involve bodily alteration or camouflage. He uses Se in his work. Most likely ISFP.

Completely agree on the ISXP part. Not sure if he leads with Fi or Ti.
    Likes windoverlake liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Interpol View Post
    Completely agree on the ISXP part. Not sure if he leads with Fi or Ti.

90% sure he's leading with Fi. He's certainly got the __-Se grace of speech and posture. I'm not sure how he was being mistaken for an Ni-dom.

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post

I don't think you understand that there are different "schools" of method acting. Brando is an SP method actor whereas Day-Lewis is an NJ method actor. Brando was known for his improvisational skills and realism (Se). Day-Lewis is not. Day-Lewis is more of a technical actor. He's left-brained. He's an NJ.

His acting method is judger-oriented. He does a lot of pre-planning. He doesn't really improvise. When he takes a role he becomes a workaholic and has a lot of discipline. Also look at how selective he is about roles. He takes a rational and long-term view in role selection. Since doing Lincoln he says he won't act for at least another 5 years because it's too hard for him to top that performance. I think he wants his Lincoln performance to fade from people's minds then he will come out an give another grand performance. I also think there is a little bit of narcissism to him. His acting style is grandiose. I think he wants to be the best actor deep down and he uses his Fe to act more humble than he really is. Isn't Fe prone to fakeness and being nice simply for the sake of being nice? Narcissism is somewhat linked to INFJ's but there not as narcissistic as INTJ's.

P.S. On the set of "Gangs of New York" he listened to Eminem at times to pump himself up. Would an Se-dom/aux really have to do that? He does things like this to get in the right mindset.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

I think he's the INFJest actor alive.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

He's my favorite actor of all time.
    Likes asynartetic, GarrotTheThief liked this post