• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Daniel Day-Lewis

What Personality Type is Daniel Day-Lewis?

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTP

• ISFP

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=21844]odettetoabird[/MENTION] I always thought INFJ when I saw him play, but after seeing that interview video and reading your comments I'd say INFP yeah. He seems more relaxed than me for instance, which I often associate with P & J preferences.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am not sure about this one.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ 4w3 is my vote but I'm not confident on the enneagram. He has more of 3 icy confidence to me than a 5 wing detachment. I do think he's a 4. I'm not even sure why INFJ is up for debate. INFJ males are pretty easy to spot, IMO, it's the women who may look like other types (or maybe they really are ISFJ).

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
INFJ 4w3 is my vote but I'm not confident on the enneagram. He has more of 3 icy confidence to me than a 5 wing detachment. I do think he's a 4. I'm not even sure why INFJ is up for debate. INFJ males are pretty easy to spot, IMO, it's the women who may look like other types (or maybe they really are ISFJ).

I agree with what she says here.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, FWIW, I think some of the biggest method actors were SP as well (Brando, Dean, Mickey Rourke, etc. Many who are confusing on the NJ/SP thing in their own right). Personally, I suck at acting, but I tried getting into it when I was younger. That doesn't mean much, but it was the door that opened the prospect and interest, at least. If that makes sense? Some actors have a more "thespian" motivation to get into it, but it was the understated psychological study that appealed to me.

I have to agree with this. Method acting seems rather SP to me. I just don't get how an Ni-lead wouldn't get bored with the method aspect. But an SP uses it as a tool of accessing their characters. Brando seems the quintessential SP actor.

As for DDL, I don't get Ni-Fe from him at all, not INFJ. He picks roles that require physical transformation. His most famous roles involve bodily alteration or camouflage. He uses Se in his work. Most likely ISFP.

Interpol

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have to agree with this. Method acting seems rather SP to me. I just don't get how an Ni-lead wouldn't get bored with the method aspect. But an SP uses it as a tool of accessing their characters. Brando seems the quintessential SP actor.

As for DDL, I don't get Ni-Fe from him at all, not INFJ. He picks roles that require physical transformation. His most famous roles involve bodily alteration or camouflage. He uses Se in his work. Most likely ISFP.

Completely agree on the ISXP part. Not sure if he leads with Fi or Ti.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Completely agree on the ISXP part. Not sure if he leads with Fi or Ti.

90% sure he's leading with Fi. He's certainly got the __-Se grace of speech and posture. I'm not sure how he was being mistaken for an Ni-dom.

Jmm124567

I don't think you understand that there are different "schools" of method acting. Brando is an SP method actor whereas Day-Lewis is an NJ method actor. Brando was known for his improvisational skills and realism (Se). Day-Lewis is not. Day-Lewis is more of a technical actor. He's left-brained. He's an NJ.

His acting method is judger-oriented. He does a lot of pre-planning. He doesn't really improvise. When he takes a role he becomes a workaholic and has a lot of discipline. Also look at how selective he is about roles. He takes a rational and long-term view in role selection. Since doing Lincoln he says he won't act for at least another 5 years because it's too hard for him to top that performance. I think he wants his Lincoln performance to fade from people's minds then he will come out an give another grand performance. I also think there is a little bit of narcissism to him. His acting style is grandiose. I think he wants to be the best actor deep down and he uses his Fe to act more humble than he really is. Isn't Fe prone to fakeness and being nice simply for the sake of being nice? Narcissism is somewhat linked to INFJ's but there not as narcissistic as INTJ's.

P.S. On the set of "Gangs of New York" he listened to Eminem at times to pump himself up. Would an Se-dom/aux really have to do that? He does things like this to get in the right mindset.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's my favorite actor of all time.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't think you understand that there are different "schools" of method acting. Brando is an SP method actor whereas Day-Lewis is an NJ method actor. Brando was known for his improvisational skills and realism (Se). Day-Lewis is not. Day-Lewis is more of a technical actor. He's left-brained. He's an NJ.

I don't know about the various schools of acting, but while Brando was a realist actor, I think much the same can be said about DDL. I still see a technical aspect in both actors, unless you can illustrate how they differ.

His acting method is judger-oriented. He does a lot of pre-planning. He doesn't really improvise. When he takes a role he becomes a workaholic and has a lot of discipline. Also look at how selective he is about roles. He takes a rational and long-term view in role selection. Since doing Lincoln he says he won't act for at least another 5 years because it's too hard for him to top that performance. I think he wants his Lincoln performance to fade from people's minds then he will come out an give another grand performance. I also think there is a little bit of narcissism to him. His acting style is grandiose. I think he wants to be the best actor deep down and he uses his Fe to act more humble than he really is. Isn't Fe prone to fakeness and being nice simply for the sake of being nice? Narcissism is somewhat linked to INFJ's but there not as narcissistic as INTJ's.

The qualities you mention as being judger-oriented apply to ISFPs really well. I do think it's possible DDL is an intuitive, in which case I'd venture to guess INFP. I just don't see Fe, so if you're seeing it I'd love to know where and when. As for your comments about narcissism, that's all actors. There is narcissism and proneness to fakeness in INFJs, yes, but the acting more humble than he really is ... again, actors are like that.

P.S. On the set of "Gangs of New York" he listened to Eminem at times to pump himself up. Would an Se-dom/aux really have to do that? He does things like this to get in the right mindset.

I don't think this particular "technique" is specific to type. I know an ISTP who's training for a marathon and he has a special mix to pump himself up.