• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Russell Brand

What Personality Type is Russell Brand?

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Russell Brand

You Must Be Registered To Vote

Due to ol' [Russ soon to be] hosting the VMAs (MTV Video Music Awards) I thought it would be pertinent if I attempt to type the fella. Initially I saw him as an ESFP, however he has a very strong Ni. It seems to be his dominant function upon listening to his BBC radio show. Bearing in mind he is a diagnosed manic-depressive, I can see him being an attention seeking INFJ. But that's only mho.

Also, can anyone type his buddy Matt Morgan? I'd say ISFP. He's very Pish and he says he wants to remain in the shadows (ie not be famous) which suggests I. He seems to be a Feeler, and my reason for thinking he is a Sensor is his love of metal ie Guns N Roses etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
i agree with russell as esfp and morgan isfp. theyre really alike in their humor but yeah, morgan seems much more sedate... of course nearly anyone would seem more sedate than russell :p

russell does seem to be a decently developed esfp. i remember the one serious interview (great interview btw, 5 parts all on youtube) i've seen him do and when he was younger he used to be completely wild and his comedy was completely inappropriate. only after his big crash with drugs did he start to mature a bit and come more into the spotlight.

anyways, nice to see other russell brand fans :)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Russ is an ENFP - so lets not even debate that.

However, overreaction or complete f*cking overreaction?

20,000 complaints to the BBC. That must have blown the server up (I built it so I should know).
I'm down with that.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Haha, I've seen his stand up before, and he's hilarious, but I didn't connect the actor to the comedian. All the more talented, I guess.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Due to ol' [Russ soon to be] hosting the VMAs (MTV Video Music Awards) I thought it would be pertinent if I attempt to type the fella. Initially I saw him as an ESFP, however he has a very strong Ni. It seems to be his dominant function upon listening to his BBC radio show. Bearing in mind he is a diagnosed manic-depressive, I can see him being an attention seeking INFJ. But that's only mho.
I too listened regularly to the radio show/podcast, have read many things he's written and seen many interviews and definitely think Fe-Ni (ENFJ). Almost everything he does and thinks is in some way informed by Fe, frequently sabotaged though it may be by clinical impulsivity and inattentiveness. I don't think INFJ because he's said that except for when he was on drugs, he finds being alone for any length of time very uncomfortable, though he didn't always realise that being alone was the cause of that discomfort.

I can see why people think he must be a P, but remember he's also been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (In fact it seems pretty likely to me that he's one of the many ADHD + depression-prone adults who've been misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder over the past few decades, and I don't think he'd mind people speculating that as he himself seems reluctant to unequivically own the BP label when confronted on the issue.)

I thought of him in fact because I think he's a fine example of a J with ADHD. Look at the book chapter linked to in this post. He has subclinical/borderline obsessive-compulsive tendencies and a long history of self-rejecting thoughts and behaviour. I agree with the author that these may be contributed to by having a natural preference for external order, results and reliability that one is failing to produce in their life due to the neuro-cognitive deficits of ADHD. Some obsessive-compulsions reduce anxiety by providing a sense of control that is relatively simple to bring about, not requiring anything as difficult as temporal awareness, mental sequencing and working memory.

It may also be tempting to type people with very addictive personalities as SPs, but addictions and drug abuse are strongly correlated with untreated ADHD, and tend in these cases to be of the self-medicating, helps-me-get-through-the-day-without-wanting-to-die variety rather than the hedonistic, party-enhancing variety (and as such far more often lead to functional impairment and addiction, and earlier on in life). Russell has described his drug and alcohol abuse as being overwhelmingly designed for the former purpose, right from the beginning. Sexual excesses are associated with it too. The chemical rush of orgasm makes the brain more calm and alert for a while.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I too listened regularly to the radio show/podcast, have read many things he's written and seen many interviews and definitely think Fe-Ni (ENFJ). Almost everything he does and thinks is in some way informed by Fe, frequently sabotaged though it may be by clinical impulsivity and inattentiveness. I don't think INFJ because he's said that except for when he was on drugs, he finds being alone for any length of time very uncomfortable, though he didn't always realise that being alone was the cause of that discomfort.

I can see why people think he must be a P, but remember he's also been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (In fact it seems pretty likely to me that he's one of the many ADHD + depression-prone adults who've been misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder over the past few decades, and I don't think he'd mind people speculating that as he himself seems reluctant to unequivically own the BP label when confronted on the issue.)

I thought of him in fact because I think he's a fine example of a J with ADHD. Look at the book chapter linked to in this post. He has subclinical/borderline obsessive-compulsive tendencies and a long history of self-rejecting thoughts and behaviour. I agree with the author that these may be contributed to by having a natural preference for external order, results and reliability that one is failing to produce in their life due to the neuro-cognitive deficits of ADHD. Some obsessive-compulsions reduce anxiety by providing a sense of control that is relatively simple to bring about, not requiring anything as difficult as temporal awareness, mental sequencing and working memory.

It may also be tempting to type people with very addictive personalities as SPs, but addictions and drug abuse are strongly correlated with untreated ADHD, and tend in these cases to be of the self-medicating, helps-me-get-through-the-day-without-wanting-to-die variety rather than the hedonistic, party-enhancing variety (and as such far more often lead to functional impairment and addiction, and earlier on in life). Russell has described his drug and alcohol abuse as being overwhelmingly designed for the former purpose, right from the beginning. Sexual excesses are associated with it too. The chemical rush of orgasm makes the brain more calm and alert for a while.

I agree with you, with ENFJ.

Interesting interview, seeing some of this thoughts on fame.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BLIMEY.
Abstract hyperbolic intelligent waffle. He is a twat, but i like him.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure about his type, but I really enjoyed that interview and find him very interesting. :yes:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Sexual/Social

This subtype has a lot of energy, crazy, intense energy and this energy is going to find a way to manifest. This subtype of Seven can have the biggest extremes in behavior and with material success in life. With the self-pres instinct last in the stacking they aren’t afraid of taking risks, so they sometimes become very successful, as in the case of rock stars, but they typically also take too many risks, look for too many easy ways out. With the self-pres least developed, they can become dependent on others to add a much needed stabilizing element to their busy hedonistic lives."
http://ocean-moonshine.net/e1428573...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=35&MMN_position=88:80

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I really enjoyed the interview. His mannerisms make him look like a whack-job, but he's very clearly an intelligent dude.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm I originally thought entp but after seeing that I could see enfp too.

IMO a clear ne Dom tho.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like him. He reeks of Ne. ENFP. I definitely agree with a touch of ADHD and bipolar (have you read his books?) which complicates a typing but I'd still say ENFP.

Usehername

On a mission
I like him. He reeks of Ne. ENFP. I definitely agree with a touch of ADHD and bipolar (have you read his books?) which complicates a typing but I'd still say ENFP.

:yes:

Ni users can't flip around homonyms like Ne users can. Although he clearly has a high IQ, so maybe his brain is just remarkably fast. I'd lean towards ENTP, and account for his people focus as an issue of British politeness mixed with Fe in the tertiary child-position. His attention moves from people to "how can I leverage this person for Ne entertainment?" pretty quickly.
Ne
Ti
Fe

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with you, with ENFJ.
I bet you can see his ENFPness now, yes? ;)

:yes:

Ni users can't flip around homonyms like Ne users can. Although he clearly has a high IQ, so maybe his brain is just remarkably fast. I'd lean towards ENTP, and account for his people focus as an issue of British politeness mixed with Fe in the tertiary child-position. His attention moves from people to "how can I leverage this person for Ne entertainment?" pretty quickly.
What's "British politeness" when it's at home?
He's far too comfortable with vulnerability and his feminine side to be ENTP. He's very modest and not at all combative.
I like him. He reeks of Ne.
He's positively ripe with it. :D