User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Russell Brand?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 140

Thread: Russell Brand

  1. #1
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default Russell Brand

    Russell Brand

    You Must Be Registered To Vote

    Due to ol' [Russ soon to be] hosting the VMAs (MTV Video Music Awards) I thought it would be pertinent if I attempt to type the fella. Initially I saw him as an ESFP, however he has a very strong Ni. It seems to be his dominant function upon listening to his BBC radio show. Bearing in mind he is a diagnosed manic-depressive, I can see him being an attention seeking INFJ. But that's only mho.

    Also, can anyone type his buddy Matt Morgan? I'd say ISFP. He's very Pish and he says he wants to remain in the shadows (ie not be famous) which suggests I. He seems to be a Feeler, and my reason for thinking he is a Sensor is his love of metal ie Guns N Roses etc.
    Last edited by highlander; 02-10-2015 at 02:41 AM. Reason: merged threads

  2. #2
    Senior Member miked277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    343

    Default

    i agree with russell as esfp and morgan isfp. theyre really alike in their humor but yeah, morgan seems much more sedate... of course nearly anyone would seem more sedate than russell :P

    russell does seem to be a decently developed esfp. i remember the one serious interview (great interview btw, 5 parts all on youtube) i've seen him do and when he was younger he used to be completely wild and his comedy was completely inappropriate. only after his big crash with drugs did he start to mature a bit and come more into the spotlight.

    anyways, nice to see other russell brand fans
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.
    Likes pmj85 liked this post

  3. #3
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Russ is an ENFP - so lets not even debate that.

    However, overreaction or complete f*cking overreaction?

    20,000 complaints to the BBC. That must have blown the server up (I built it so I should know).
    I'm down with that.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Haha, I've seen his stand up before, and he's hilarious, but I didn't connect the actor to the comedian. All the more talented, I guess.

  5. #5
    Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Due to ol' [Russ soon to be] hosting the VMAs (MTV Video Music Awards) I thought it would be pertinent if I attempt to type the fella. Initially I saw him as an ESFP, however he has a very strong Ni. It seems to be his dominant function upon listening to his BBC radio show. Bearing in mind he is a diagnosed manic-depressive, I can see him being an attention seeking INFJ. But that's only mho.
    I too listened regularly to the radio show/podcast, have read many things he's written and seen many interviews and definitely think Fe-Ni (ENFJ). Almost everything he does and thinks is in some way informed by Fe, frequently sabotaged though it may be by clinical impulsivity and inattentiveness. I don't think INFJ because he's said that except for when he was on drugs, he finds being alone for any length of time very uncomfortable, though he didn't always realise that being alone was the cause of that discomfort.

    I can see why people think he must be a P, but remember he's also been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (In fact it seems pretty likely to me that he's one of the many ADHD + depression-prone adults who've been misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder over the past few decades, and I don't think he'd mind people speculating that as he himself seems reluctant to unequivically own the BP label when confronted on the issue.)

    I thought of him in fact because I think he's a fine example of a J with ADHD. Look at the book chapter linked to in this post. He has subclinical/borderline obsessive-compulsive tendencies and a long history of self-rejecting thoughts and behaviour. I agree with the author that these may be contributed to by having a natural preference for external order, results and reliability that one is failing to produce in their life due to the neuro-cognitive deficits of ADHD. Some obsessive-compulsions reduce anxiety by providing a sense of control that is relatively simple to bring about, not requiring anything as difficult as temporal awareness, mental sequencing and working memory.

    It may also be tempting to type people with very addictive personalities as SPs, but addictions and drug abuse are strongly correlated with untreated ADHD, and tend in these cases to be of the self-medicating, helps-me-get-through-the-day-without-wanting-to-die variety rather than the hedonistic, party-enhancing variety (and as such far more often lead to functional impairment and addiction, and earlier on in life). Russell has described his drug and alcohol abuse as being overwhelmingly designed for the former purpose, right from the beginning. Sexual excesses are associated with it too. The chemical rush of orgasm makes the brain more calm and alert for a while.

  6. #6
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    I too listened regularly to the radio show/podcast, have read many things he's written and seen many interviews and definitely think Fe-Ni (ENFJ). Almost everything he does and thinks is in some way informed by Fe, frequently sabotaged though it may be by clinical impulsivity and inattentiveness. I don't think INFJ because he's said that except for when he was on drugs, he finds being alone for any length of time very uncomfortable, though he didn't always realise that being alone was the cause of that discomfort.

    I can see why people think he must be a P, but remember he's also been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (In fact it seems pretty likely to me that he's one of the many ADHD + depression-prone adults who've been misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder over the past few decades, and I don't think he'd mind people speculating that as he himself seems reluctant to unequivically own the BP label when confronted on the issue.)

    I thought of him in fact because I think he's a fine example of a J with ADHD. Look at the book chapter linked to in this post. He has subclinical/borderline obsessive-compulsive tendencies and a long history of self-rejecting thoughts and behaviour. I agree with the author that these may be contributed to by having a natural preference for external order, results and reliability that one is failing to produce in their life due to the neuro-cognitive deficits of ADHD. Some obsessive-compulsions reduce anxiety by providing a sense of control that is relatively simple to bring about, not requiring anything as difficult as temporal awareness, mental sequencing and working memory.

    It may also be tempting to type people with very addictive personalities as SPs, but addictions and drug abuse are strongly correlated with untreated ADHD, and tend in these cases to be of the self-medicating, helps-me-get-through-the-day-without-wanting-to-die variety rather than the hedonistic, party-enhancing variety (and as such far more often lead to functional impairment and addiction, and earlier on in life). Russell has described his drug and alcohol abuse as being overwhelmingly designed for the former purpose, right from the beginning. Sexual excesses are associated with it too. The chemical rush of orgasm makes the brain more calm and alert for a while.
    I agree with you, with ENFJ.

    Interesting interview, seeing some of this thoughts on fame.




  7. #7
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,147

    Default

    UGLY
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan
    Likes jixmixfix liked this post

  8. #8
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,787

    Default

    BLIMEY.
    Abstract hyperbolic intelligent waffle. He is a twat, but i like him.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  9. #9
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Regardless of type .. I enjoy listening to his waffle. To be able to expend his thoughts verbally with such clarity kind of leaves me in awe.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  10. #10
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I agree with you, with ENFJ.

    Interesting interview, seeing some of this thoughts on fame.

    I smell ENTP, adhd and bipolar, 7w8 sx/so.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

Similar Threads

  1. Russell Brand
    By dynamiteninja in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 10-20-2014, 12:55 PM
  2. Hi everybody! (brand new INFP here)
    By naddoooo in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 04:41 PM
  3. russell brand
    By miked277 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 09:46 AM
  4. Brand Spankin New! Embed YouTube and Google video
    By proteanmix in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 03:42 AM
  5. Russell Crowe's type?
    By alcea rosea in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts