• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Russell Brand

What Personality Type is Russell Brand?

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I may have to read his book now. I agree [MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION] totally nf quote there.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah what ivy said... It just seems like you don't understand enfps very well.
I don't mean that all sinister like or anything... It just seems like you have the wrong impression.

Steven Tyler... Major partier for years...robin Williams and Craig ferguson too
My dad... My sister... These other two enfps I know....lots of people mal

You can be fi and like to party. :/

"Party" is on the same level as "addictions." It's not speaking to the lifestyle which is a preference for partying over all else and not just something an Fi likes to do.

Do you live to eat? Or do you eat to live? Someone who lives to eat, I would say, has Se dominant.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I've seen a couple different sources type him as ESTP. Not sure what I think about that.

He's a little of both. It depends on which part of Russell's life you look at. The interview has some of you biased toward that personality he puts on for the camera.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't see Russel Brand as having "a preference for partying over all else." Nor do I see that as something an Fi would be immune to. Social excess to fill an emotional hole? Why not?

Edit: again, not going by that video at all. His books, which are awesome by the way (his "voice" is just irrepressible- another side effect of Fi IMO) are very thoughtful, ethically-oriented, and relationship-oriented.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see Russel Brand as having "a preference for partying over all else." Nor do I see that as something an Fi would be immune to. Social excess to fill an emotional hole? Why not?

The research I've done shows that Russell has turned around some of his youthful party habits. I suggest reading up on the dude. The interview posted here didn't provide nearly enough information. And social excess to fill an emotional hole would have to bring forth some other function as the INTROVERTED part of Fi does not allow for a socially excessive attitude. Either these things are defined in terms of FUNCTIONS, or stop using function theory. Are we all on the same page here or do we use function theory only when it fits?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The research I've done shows that Russell has turned around some of his youthful party habits. I suggest reading up on the dude. The interview posted here didn't provide nearly enough information. And social excess to fill an emotional hole would have to bring forth some other function as the INTROVERTED part of Fi does not allow for a socially excessive attitude. Either these things are defined in terms of FUNCTIONS, or stop using function theory. Are we all on the same page here or do we use function theory only when it fits?

No shit, that's why I said "I don't see Russel Brand as having "a preference for partying over all else." He's a recovering addict and pretty religious, actually. For the eleventy billionth time, I DID NOT RELY ONLY ON THE VIDEO IN MY TYPING OF HIM. Seriously, "the introverted part of Fi does not allow for a socially excessive attitude"? Is that in any "official" definition of Fi or did you come up with it? Because I'm honestly wondering if you've met any ENFPs.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No shit, that's why I said "I don't see Russel Brand as having "a preference for partying over all else." He's a recovering addict and pretty religious, actually. For the eleventy billionth time, I DID NOT RELY ONLY ON THE VIDEO IN MY TYPING OF HIM. Seriously, "the introverted part of Fi does not allow for a socially excessive attitude"? Is that in any "official" definition of Fi or did you come up with it? Because I'm honestly wondering if you've met any ENFPs.

I saw Russell become distinctly more introverted at the 13:30 point of the interview as he tried to describe something private that he's not used to discussing. It's a function holding ideas that he usually doesn't express to people. Those Fi ideas do not consist of partying, but of loving God and becoming a better person.

Fi is not a party animal function. Ne sees life in terms of possibilities, it invents novel ideas. Se is the party animal function.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Okay, so IYO no ENFPs are party animals?

This is making function theory too rigid, IMO. It's not that I think a person with primary or secondary Fi will be a party animal BECAUSE of their Fi. Just that I don't think them being or having been a party animal disqualifies them from having primary or secondary Fi. I think Fi can be compatible with social excess, especially in a person with a need to fill an emotional hole they don't yet fully understand.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, so IYO no ENFPs are party animals?

I'm only speaking to functions and I've dealt with this question twice now. Another function has to come forth besides Ne or Fi. Russell's sensualistic nature tells me that Se factors in as an alternate dominant.

This is making function theory too rigid, IMO.

Just the opposite, it's freeing JCF from its rigid beginnings with Jung who thought in terms of one dominant, one auxiliary, and one inferior per personality.

It's not that I think a person with primary or secondary Fi will be a party animal BECAUSE of their Fi. Just that I don't think them being or having been a party animal disqualifies them from having primary or secondary Fi. I think Fi can be compatible with social excess, especially in a person with a need to fill an emotional hole they don't yet fully understand.

Compatible yes. As I said above, there's no contradiction. I wasn't denying his ENFP, I was adding to it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not going by that one interview either.. I've read his books. I don't see a lot of Se with him. He does (or did, in the case of drugs) a lot of sex+drug stuff but it's always described as trying to fill an emotional hole, not sheer sensation-seeking. I don't really think of him as an "if it feels good do it" SP type. More of a "I do things that feel good for a reason, and I'm going to explore the reasoning and ethical framework that causes me to do these things" NF type. I honestly can't see NT in him at all- his Ne ideas are largely people-centered and ethics-centered ideas, not disembodied NT "universe" ideas. He is an anarchist and Hare Krishna, for pete's sake.

"The sincere aspect of my attendance to these carnivals of disobedience is my instinctive mistrust of authority and innate belief that whilst we are different we are all equal and have a social culpability to care for every member of our society."

"One of the consequences of consumerism has been the commodification not only of commercial durables and consumer items, but also of our own emotions and desires."

Those quotes are SO NF it hurts.

What is so NF about disobedience to and instinctive mistrust of authority?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One word: Gandhi

Celebrity typing on this forum has often involved defending one call with another. NF is the Idealist, but I think Gandhi's Fe disqualifies him as a basis for comparison. He was obedient to a certain external authority, only it didn't happen to be British.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ivy said she read two of his books! She's not going just by the interviews.

Tell me mal... Do you feel like you grasp the way an enfp functions?

Paint a lil picture for me... If you will...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ivy said she read two of his books! She's not going just by the interviews.

Tell me mal... Do you feel like you grasp the way an enfp functions?

Paint a lil picture for me... If you will...

If I could paint a picture of dual types theory, I would.

My previous ENTP call turned out to be a mixture of ENFP and ESTP. I heard Russell's explain his Fi values at the 13:30 point the first time through the video just like you did. But the contradiction within his personality tells me he is more than ENFP, and this can't be explained through tertiaries.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I could paint a picture of dual types theory, I would.

My previous ENTP call turned out to be a mixture of ENFP and ESTP. I heard Russell's explain his Fi values at the 13:30 point the first time through the video just like you did. But the contradiction within his personality tells me he is more than ENFP, and this can't be explained through tertiaries.

Oh I meant paint me a picture of how you understand enfps.

So... You're saying you see se in him? Explain to me what you're seeing because I'm not.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good Job!

I agree. That's not heroic Ne for an ENFP. Drugs, alcohol and peer/social pressure to be an outgoing, "wild and manly man"?
No way you people are caraaazay!