User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Russell Brand?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Brand

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    And I said it wasn't contradictory. But since his statements about God and spirituality were used to diagnose the Fi, that at least is not different from his personality but is part of it. Why not say the same about his addictions?
    Pardon my eloquence but huh?

Haha no seriously wth are you talking about? Is anyone typing him by his addictions?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Pardon my eloquence but huh?

Haha no seriously wth are you talking about? Is anyone typing him by his addictions?
    Not by his addictions, but by the kind of addictive -non-Fi - lifestyle this entails.

Have you seen any threads on MBTI dual types and tritypes on this forum?
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Not by his addictions, but by the kind of addictive -non-Fi - lifestyle this entails.

Have you seen any threads on MBTI dual types and tritypes on this forum?
    Why do you think addictions are non fi?

Ne alone can get you into all sorts of trouble a 7w8 even more so IMO. Sitting atop the exciting ne adventure train screaming for more... It can be a very wild uninhibited experience.

I get it... My thoughts run there but I think my six wing goes wait maybe not.

And heroine could very well be a sort of self medicating thing.. Trying to calm it down... Stop the manic thought energy... It is as you know one of the most addictive substance because most who've tried it would say it feels like the best thing ever...

I wouldn't know... I do however know that it would be a horrible idea for me to ever find out.

Also... There have been many enfp addicts... I'm not sure why that's even a question.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Why do you think addictions are non fi?
    Not addictions, but as I said, the addictive lifestyle. Or call it the party lifestyle. Or whatever.

Ne alone can get you into all sorts of trouble a 7w8 even more so IMO. Sitting atop the exciting ne adventure train screaming for more... It can be a very wild uninhibited experience.

I get it... My thoughts run there but I think my six wing goes wait maybe not.

And heroine could very well be a sort of self medicating thing.. Trying to calm it down... Stop the manic thought energy... It is as you know one of the most addictive substance because most who've tried it would say it feels like the best thing ever...

I wouldn't know... I do however know that it would be a horrible idea for me to ever find out.

Also... There have been many enfp addicts... I'm not sure why that's even a question.
    It's not a question that anybody of any type can be an addict. But the MBTI speaks to lifestyle among other things.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm really not picking up what you're laying down, Mal+. I would think ENFPs would be the spokesmodels for the party lifestyle. I guess behind ESFP, but not far behind.

Ginkgo

You have mistaken my intentions as sinister.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Yeah what ivy said... It just seems like you don't understand enfps very well.
    I don't mean that all sinister like or anything... It just seems like you have the wrong impression.

Steven Tyler... Major partier for years...robin Williams and Craig ferguson too
    My dad... My sister... These other two enfps I know....lots of people mal

You can be fi and like to party. :/
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm really not picking up what you're laying down, Mal+. I would think ENFPs would be the spokesmodels for the party lifestyle. I guess behind ESFP, but not far behind.
    ESFP and ESTP. I just don't see the ENFP type that way. But Russell Brand is so very extraverted that I want to make a case for dual ownership of ENFP and ESTP with him. Se is a sensualist or sensationalist type and is more the addictive style. I already considered a tertiary function for him but I couldn't get it to make sense for Russell. I think he has some Ti auxiliary because there is a logical structure to all his thinking that I recognize. I also believe he has two dominants, Ne and Se.

I'm just trying to explain the whole package and not the parts that shine forth in one interview.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm not going by that one interview either.. I've read his books. I don't see a lot of Se with him. He does (or did, in the case of drugs) a lot of sex+drug stuff but it's always described as trying to fill an emotional hole, not sheer sensation-seeking. I don't really think of him as an "if it feels good do it" SP type. More of a "I do things that feel good for a reason, and I'm going to explore the reasoning and ethical framework that causes me to do these things" NF type. I honestly can't see NT in him at all- his Ne ideas are largely people-centered and ethics-centered ideas, not disembodied NT "universe" ideas. He is an anarchist and Hare Krishna, for pete's sake.

"The sincere aspect of my attendance to these carnivals of disobedience is my instinctive mistrust of authority and innate belief that whilst we are different we are all equal and have a social culpability to care for every member of our society."

"One of the consequences of consumerism has been the commodification not only of commercial durables and consumer items, but also of our own emotions and desires."

Those quotes are SO NF it hurts.

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

I think I've seen a couple different sources type him as ESTP. Not sure what I think about that.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast