User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Russell Brand?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Brand

Unlimited Dancemoves ® Array AgentF's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

this is no NT.

ENFP. he's got the "ENFP astigmatism", the smile that reacts to Ne before it's been expressed or externalized, and that inner NF paint pot.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I get how that might confuse a non ne Dom... But I think we all feel like scientists. Nefi studies people like a scientist of human behavior.
    What do you think about his behavior, both on camera and off, in terms of MBTI type?
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AgentF View Post
    this is no NT.

ENFP. he's got the "ENFP astigmatism", the smile that reacts to Ne before it's been expressed or externalized, and that inner NF paint pot.
    What is a paint pot?
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I disagree that he loses energy.
    And what are his principles? They are about connectedness, spirituality, transcendency, higher meaning, becoming a better person, authenticity. Could he be more NF?

Paxman (the interviewer) is pure NT. Watch how Brand, desperate for acceptance and approval flirts with him, defers to him, tries to establish common ground. This wasn't sparring. It was seduction. I've never seen Paxman so charmed. I've never seen him go so easy on an interviewee.

I actually prefer to watch Brand interviewed than perform. He often goes too far for my liking. His charm lies in his childlike wonder and sincerity and guilelessness, but he has no filters. Especially early in his career, he was a great example of pure Ne unfettered by introverted Judgement. No sense of appropriate boundaries. Just this hunger to connect and to penetrate, mentally, emotionally, physically. Quite scary, albeit mesmerising. I would not want to be in a room with that kind of energy though.

Also (below) notice how he tunes into his "victim" to the extent that he somehow intuits that her boyfriend is a sailor. This is pure, spooky, NF mindfuckery. But he really had not learned how to reign it in and use it responsibly at that point. He was too drunk on his own charisma and the high he gets from seducing an audience.
    (Also crack, no doubt)

His fascination, not to say obsession, with the profane is very NF too.
    I've never heard of an obsession with the profane being very NF.

It sounds like people use a lot of Kiersey these days, as well as JCF (Fi 'values' in this case). Kiersey NF also desires and values self-improvement, but that is too weak a word for it. It is more likely self-transcendence.

Does "Ne unfettered by introverted Judgement" mean he had poor judgment? Isn't that a trait of Perceptives anyway? It means he had poor external judgment (he came off as boorish or whatever). Fi does not fetter Ne, it informs Ne like a good angel sitting on his right shoulder whispering admonishments in his ear about his behavior.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I get how that might confuse a non ne Dom... But I think we all feel like scientists. Nefi studies people like a scientist of human behavior.
    That's so true. That's like the best part of having kids, studying developing behaviour. I always have more than a couple human expiriments going on.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I've never heard of an obsession with the profane being very NF.
    It certainly can be. NFs aren't all sunshine and roses. (Well- some are. Others not so much- including some probably mistyped NTs who thought because they were obsessed with the profane that they couldn't be NFs.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I disagree that he loses energy.
    And what are his principles?
    I was waiting for someone to mention that. But what do you mean he doesn't lose energy? He certainly becomes more careful and thoughtful, the exact opposite of what he was. Let me put it differently then. He doesn't lose energy, he actually requires more energy while discussing a realm of ideas that is not in the public view because he doesn't normally or habitually put it out there for people to see. It requires much less use of energy discussing things he is more comfortable with putting out there for show.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It certainly can be. NFs aren't all sunshine and roses. (Well- some are. Others not so much- including some probably mistyped NTs who thought because they were obsessed with the profane that they couldn't be NFs.)
    I've talked with members here about many current typed male ENTPs being actually ENFPs. I noticed earlier in the history of the forum there were more than a few bombastic ENFP males.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It's because I think of NF as more brooding than explicitly profane. There may develop a fascination or obsession with the dark side of existence, but it's not something the NF advertises. Are you saying the ENFP may be more overt about it?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    It's because I think of NF as more brooding than explicitly profane. There may develop a fascination or obsession with the dark side of existence, but it's not something the NF advertises. Are you saying the ENFP may be more overt about it?
    One word: @Elfboy

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast