• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Taylor Swift

What Personality Type is Taylor Swift?

• Total voters

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Taylor Swift

You Must Be Registered To Vote

What type do you all think Taylor Swift is???
I've thought about this a lot and couldn't find anything online. After a lot of thought, I came to the conclusion that she's an ESFJ.

- She loves signing autographs and talking with her fans; gets energy from it and performing = E.
- Very observant of the world around her, pays attention to her life and doesn't idealize herself very much; sees herself for who she is and very down to earth = s
- Just listen to her songs... all about feelings and how people make her feel and how she feels around others = F
- She mentions in blogs numerous times how she loves organizing and planning = J

"ESFJs are easily wounded. And when wounded, their emotions will not be contained. They by nature "wear their hearts on their sleeves," often exuding warmth and bonhomie, but not infrequently boiling over with the vexation of their souls. Some ESFJs channel these vibrant emotions into moving dramatic performances on stage and screen."

Everything about her just screams ESFJ to me! What do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
What???

Umm, how about INFJ. I strongly see I, N, J, , and Ni, and she ain't a T. Many singers and songwriters are NF's. Having heard here lyrics, dude totally INF, totally INFJ. Sara Evans would be an example of an ESFJ. I think Martina McBride and Faith Hill are both ENFJ's. Carrie Underwood ENFP. Miranda Lambert INFP. Sherrie Austin ENFP.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say that she's an intuitive... I've only really heard one song, but it seems to be full of analogy and subtleties... imagination, fully wrapped up in her own little world. I'm not quite sure how to identify idealists (I don't have much to work from), but she does fit whatever I think an Idealist is.

I'm thinking ENFJ, but possibly INFJ... It's often hard to tell with intuitives. But then again, I just watched the romeo & juliet video to make sure, she definitely reminds me of an INFJ I know.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
ESFJ based on her one song that I know.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have thought about this for a while and it has always been between ESFJ and INFJ for me, but I think that INFJ is a better fit.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I think ESFJ is a good call, saw her briefly on MTV at some kids prom [lucky bastard] and she gave off that vibe. However I know nothing about her so I can't give a good guess.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
IxFJ? I kind of get ISF(P) from her music, but I can definitely see the J now that I think about it. I can't rule out INFJ, but it didn't ever occur to me. I like her.

hommefatal

At least it doesn't matter if she acts like an ESFJ if she's a show star because every show star acts like that.

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I love her Love Story song and music video, and yes, the song is very INFJ or INFP. I see how people might think INFJ based on her song lyrics. Her personality is quite different though -- from what I've seen in her interviews.

Start watching at 2:40 minutes in:

YouTube - Taylor Swift Dateline NBC special part 3

The entire dateline special was so great, if any of you Tay fans want to watch it!

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have watched a few of her blogs on youtube and she is really funny/cute. I would guess eNFj.

Afkan

Song lyrics have an NF tone, but doesn't she do a bunch of her own production planning? I think that really excites ESFJs, and they are naturals at it too. They are the ideal party planner, and they even enjoy making sure all the little details are taken care of. The practical stuff.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Does she even write her own lyrics?

My gut says ESFJ.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a pretty good indicator of Introversion:
The New York Times described Swift as "one of pop's finest songwriters, country’s foremost pragmatist and more in touch with her inner life than most adults"

Not sure how valid it is though, that's the first piece of info I've found and I only just started looking. INFJ sounds pretty right to me. Aren't SJs known to be traditional though? So would it be traditional to do that whole recording her own songs thing?

On May 15, 2007, Swift performed "Tim McGraw" at the Academy of Country Music Awards. She sang the song to Tim McGraw in the audience, and introduced herself for the first time to him.
That seems like an extroverted thing to do.

The performance started off with her dressed in a hooded sweatshirt and jeans, but soon after a short black halter dress was revealed. In the last minute of the song, she went backstage to perform the final verse under a cascading waterfall. Swift had wanted to do that performance on stage with the water and the change of clothes since she was ten years old.

:wtf: Is that just J, or would that also be indicative of Si/Ni? It's intuitives that look to the future like that right?

In June 2008, at the CMA Music Festival held in Nashville, Swift signed autographs for nearly eight straight hours.
That hints at either dedication or extroversion I'd say.

"We were the ones in the back of the class saying negative things about Romeo and Juliet because we were so bitter toward that emotion at the time," said Anderson. "We just really connected ... and ever since then we have been inseparable."
donno what that means, but it sounds important :laugh:

After that, I'd say ENFJ, but The E versus I is a bit sketchy =\

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Some friends of mine went to high school with her and described her as pretty introverted. When she suddenly got signed they were all kind of bewildered. It sounded like no one knew her all that well.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some friends of mine went to high school with her and described her as pretty introverted. When she suddenly got signed they were all kind of bewildered. It sounded like no one knew her all that well.

Sweet, that helps heaps, INFJ wins *bows graciously, blows kisses to the audience*

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Song lyrics have an NF tone, but doesn't she do a bunch of her own production planning? I think that really excites ESFJs, and they are naturals at it too. They are the ideal party planner, and they even enjoy making sure all the little details are taken care of. The practical stuff.

She does tons of production planning. She designed the stage, the lights, helps make executive decisions. And she looves planning. Every little detail of it. She's very in control of the situation around her. She's also always improving her show. After the first one she immediately had corrections for the crew and stuff. It demonstrates a lot of Te actually, but I'm still going with ESFJ.

Yes, she does write her own lyrics. But they also give off a vibe of living in the moment and not realizing how her relationships will turn out. It seems like she always goes for guys who treat her terribly and cheat on her. She doesn't really see it coming and then it hits her and BAM ... heartbreak. An intuitive would probably have more .. intuition about that. haha.

Her videos (the ones on her MySpace page) seem very extraverted. She might have just felt uncomfortable in high school. She says a lot how people didn't understand her, plus she was so focused on her career that she didn't spend as much time doing "normal" high school stuff :)

untypeable

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
N/A
I know, I know. I'm obssessed. I try. :workout::cheese:
Anyway, what type do you think she is? I definetly think she's an F. Read this from "5 Revelations From Taylor Swift" in People Magazine:

"While doing a session with a string section for the new record, I tried out cello. The sound was so inspiring--so full. It can make you cry. it just emotes--it's like it has feelings."

I also think she's an N; because, like me, she's a song-writer, and she has creative sparks where she just HAS to write down the idea. No matter what time.

So far, I think she's an XNFX. So, what do you think? Do you agree with me? Or, do you think she's a totally different type?

Please respond! Thanks.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
XSFJ
being a songwriter doesn't make her N