• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Taylor Swift

What Personality Type is Taylor Swift?

• Total voters

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Back here just to make a few comments.

I see her as ESFP (Se (she's got style)

I think this "she's got style" argument for Tay being an Se-dom just doesn't hold water imho. Se can be so much more than just knowing what's aesthetically pleasing and seeing "what is" - I used to think the same tho. Se is Pe - it's experiential and experimental in its own way. It can manifest in the way Mariah Carey revolutionized (or popularized at the very least) mainstream pop music incorporating hip-hop and rap influences to stimulate herself creatively, it can manifest in the way Nicki Minaj wore wacky outfits and created various alter egos to put herself in the spotlight and consequently break herself down and show the audience what she could really do and who she really was with The Pinkprint, or it can even manifest in the way Kelly Clarkson dips her toes into a plethora of musical genres when doing live performances because she doesn't like to pigeonhole herself. Not that other types can't do these things or arrive at these conclusions, but the rationale behind it is what's different.

Taylor has style for sure. Specifically I love the ensemble she wore at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards. But I think if that can be linked to anything it's possibly to 3 - her outfits are conventionally appealing but not boring and her new music is pop but not sugar-coated annoying bubblegum pop. Taylor is smacked right in the sweet spot between what's popular/well-liked and what's impressive/respectable (and no these categories aren't always or even often mutually exclusive) and, personally, I have a feeling she knows it. Like [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] said she's a very smart businesswoman and she definitely knows how to market herself. Obviously this isn't all to say she doesn't have as much substance as the people I mentioned above as every type of style has merit, but Taylor's seems more out of preference for wanting to be received positively by others.

Side rant, my one problem with her is that her new feminist image seems to be only an image. From defending Lena Dunham to not acknowledging racism against black women after Nicki Minaj tried to point it out to her, she can use "supporting all girls" as a blanketing tactic to cover up real issues that feminists are trying to talk about. But I am sure she's well-intentioned so hopefully if she keeps lending an ear to feminist issues she'll learn over time who she should be defending and supporting and who she shouldn't.

Ni (likes the spontaneity of the song writing process, starts to flow easily once started)

And to me this actually seems more like a Pe sentiment (in this case, Se) than Ni...which is funny because I'm the one who doesn't think she's a Pe-dom. :laugh: But if anything says spontaneous, free-form creative processes to me it's Pe.

Fi (individual circumstances are her songs, responds to those who are hurt individually)

Putting aside the fact that lots of people write movies, music, etc about their own individual circumstances, if anything this seems more like Si to me. I think [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] said to me recently that country music itself is very Si as a genre and it makes sense since it's almost entirely about the meaning attached to past experience and how they affect the present.

I mean, in the end we have no real way of knowing Taylor's type but I stand by ESFJ for her. Sorry if this is basically all blabble but those are my thoughts on her and ESFPness. :blush:

Piercie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP 3w2 is what I'll say.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
ISFJ. Probably one of the most stereotypical examples in contemporary pop culture, in fact.

It irritates me that I find her hot, because her music doesn't appeal to me...at all.

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd guess ESFJ 2w3 so/sx. A lot of her public image (caregiver, sweet girl, etc) seems way Fe. The way she acts in interviews and the like kind of reminds me of my ENFJ father, but I'd guess Si for no real reason.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
ISFJ. Probably one of the most stereotypical examples in contemporary pop culture, in fact.

ESFJ. She is not an introvert. She basks on the stage, which has extended beyond the sold-out arenas; her social media presence is dense and intense. I've never seen someone so ecstatic about performing and being seen, etc. I also saw some interviews she did on Ellen and she never forgets the audience.

I'd guess ESFJ 2w3 so/sx. A lot of her public image (caregiver, sweet girl, etc) seems way Fe. The way she acts in interviews and the like kind of reminds me of my ENFJ father, but I'd guess Si for no real reason.

I agree. She's practically the classic ESFJ, though I think 3w2 makes more sense for her, but just barely bc her 2w is strong. At the core she seems a lot more 3 than 2.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Side rant, my one problem with her is that her new feminist image seems to be only an image. From defending Lena Dunham to not acknowledging racism against black women after Nicki Minaj tried to point it out to her, she can use "supporting all girls" as a blanketing tactic to cover up real issues that feminists are trying to talk about. But I am sure she's well-intentioned so hopefully if she keeps lending an ear to feminist issues she'll learn over time who she should be defending and supporting and who she shouldn't.

I didn't see your post before I posted. I agree with you and with ESFJ.

She's still young and in the throes of her success, but yes, she's very image-oriented. I remember Fey-Poehler's joke-dig at her for dating a high-schooler, but she's been everywhere lately because of the Apple stuff, then the Nicki Minaj/race/feminism issues. People joke about how she's friends with everyone and she does this thing where she brings famous people and model friends to her concerts to stand on stage with her. Also, she's apparently really socially savvy in a 'meangirl' way, so she's got some 'politic' in her. Immature and unhealthy, though possibly well-meaning, ESFJ. Very good at manipulating her image.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She's still young and in the throes of her success, but yes, she's very image-oriented. I remember Fey-Poehler's joke-dig at her for dating a high-schooler, but she's been everywhere lately because of the Apple stuff, then the Nicki Minaj/race/feminism issues. People joke about how she's friends with everyone and she does this thing where she brings famous people and model friends to her concerts to stand on stage with her. Also, she's apparently really socially savvy in a 'meangirl' way, so she's got some 'politic' in her. Immature and unhealthy, though possibly well-meaning, ESFJ. Very good at manipulating her image.

Yeah she can be shallow, but I think if you're looking at ESFJs on the 2/3 axis Ariana Grande is way more unhealthy. I think Taylor has potential for growth from where she is, but whatever the fuck is going on with Ariana she's got to dig herself out of it first. On her first album she portrayed herself as a sweet and demure girl with a "big" voice (eerily similar to '90s Mariah, and this was coincidentally the same time her publicists were heralding her as "the next Mariah"). Second album comes around and suddenly she's cold and detached, rumors are circulating about bratty and rude behavior, and then that doughnut video leaks. Ariana has some issues man, I can't tell if she's ever been real once in her life anymore. I used to like her, but I really can't continue to support her until she finds her own style, cleans that peanut butter out of her mouth, and actually works on her seemingly nonexistent lower register.

Sorry for the derail. :D But yeah...I'd take Taylor over Ariana at this point, although musically both of them are underwhelming to me.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah she can be shallow, but I think if you're looking at ESFJs on the 2/3 axis Ariana Grande is way more unhealthy. I think Taylor has potential for growth from where she is, but whatever the fuck is going on with Ariana she's got to dig herself out of it first. On her first album she portrayed herself as a sweet and demure girl with a "big" voice (eerily similar to '90s Mariah, and this was coincidentally the same time her publicists were heralding her as "the next Mariah"). Second album comes around and suddenly she's cold and detached, rumors are circulating about bratty and rude behavior, and then that doughnut video leaks. Ariana has some issues man, I can't tell if she's ever been real once in her life anymore. I used to like her, but I really can't continue to support her until she finds her own style, cleans that peanut butter out of her mouth, and actually works on her seemingly nonexistent lower register.

Sorry for the derail. :D But yeah...I'd take Taylor over Ariana at this point, although musically both of them are underwhelming to me.

After Taylor Swift I don't want to research Ariana Grande. But is Grande her real surname? Is Swift also a real surname?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
After Taylor Swift I don't want to research Ariana Grande. But is Grande her real surname? Is Swift also a real surname?

Her real last name is Butera-Grande I think, but her father isn't in the picture anymore. I have no clue about Swift.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
ESFJ or ENFJ. She exudes Fe dom.

We can easily say she is a fj.

I dont think she is a ni user. She seems rather physically grounded here.and now. Infact she is exploiting her S ness. Ss have are naturlly better equipped and sticking to their guns/what they know and doing it over and over again. The way she keeps in touch with her fan base and continuously strengthens her image has S+Fe to it.

It seems like all those traits are a walk in the park for her. It's the power of S combined with Fe (feminine charm).

Learn from the sensors you scatterbrained N losers!!!!!

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
If anyone wants to suggest that she is anything other than an xSFx then they are probably drunk.

She seems really xSFJ to me, though.
It's hard to justify any Fi in her. Just because her earlier album was her speaking from the "heart" with all these oogy-gooey feelings doesn't mean Fi and she talks SO MUCH about love and relationships. In fact, she's a billion years more Fe than Fi.
And I cannot see Pe dom in her, like I could with Justin Beiber and Miley Cyrus. Justin and Miley are easier to see as Fi, even with Justin being a 3w2 (and Taylor is considered to be 3w2).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Strikes me an ESFJ e3. I thought maybe ESTJ, because she seems very contrived and almost robotic in her feeling, but then nah, that can totally be a Fe 3 type.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Strikes me an ESFJ e3. I thought maybe ESTJ, because she seems very contrived and almost robotic in her feeling, but then nah, that can totally be a Fe 3 type.

Shuttup meanie. How dare you call her contrived. WE LOVE HER!!!!

^ See this is what an Fe dom can do to you. It makes you love them.

:D

justwhelmed

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah totally Fe-dom and pretty Si too. She's pretty detail oriented and all that. She's also quite sentimental. The more I think about it the more I feel like she's an ESFJ caricature. She takes care of her fans like children and loves winter and baking and friendship. She's total a ESFJ

Entroverted

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She seems very ESFJ. Nothing NF about her in my opinion.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have now switched to an ESFJ opinion.