• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Taylor Swift

What Personality Type is Taylor Swift?

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
She's not really a kid, she is in fact 23 years old, probably her music content and image makes her seem a lot younger.

She has the "butter won't melt in my mouth" image that many SFJ musicians have in the country music business (everyone remember, she's a country music crossover, not a pop star originally)...it has become more risque as she's gotten into her early 20s because she's dated so many guys...she's getting a reputation. I wonder what she's going to do about this, because it's not that unusual even for country music stars to have more than one boyfriend, but people are starting to talk about her like she's this man-eating narcissistic stalker or something, and I wonder if she's going to hurry up and get married really fast, or develop a new way of writing songs, because I think she's overdone this Si path, and it could work against her if she does it AGAIN on her next album.

I agree with Aleda that Swift is more of a 3w2; she's very image-conscious, and she's got a very 2 wing, she's very sweet and polite if you see her interviews, she's absolutely every mother's delight.

I think she's an ISFJ over ESFJ with an image to uphold, and she does because of being a 3.

I'm really baffled that anyone would think that this is the way an Ni dom writes songs.

Nicki

Retired
Exactly.

As I have said on another site, she's the biggest ISFJ that ever did ISFJ. It's really evident in her lyrics as well.

The Ne is coming out more as she gets older, too, you know? She was so Si/Fe in her early career, pretty safe, talking about her personal experiences and feelings, and on her latest album I think maybe she branched out a teeny tiny bit ...but just a teeny bit. The video for "We Are Never Getting Back Together" is super cute and more playful.

But even in that song she makes a reference to how "normal" and mainstream she knows she is, and how her ex talked about "some indie record that's MUCH cooler than mine (with an implied eye roll)."

Some people say ESFJ, and it's the only other type I could possibly see for her. Si seems to be her life.

I completely agree. And compare her to an ESTP celebrity like Madonna who constantly reinvents herself. Taylor Swift has been accused by a lot of people for writing the same material all the time and playing it safe too much. That seems like Si+inferior Pe.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I completely agree. And compare her to an ESTP celebrity like Madonna who constantly reinvents herself. Taylor Swift has been accused by a lot of people for writing the same material all the time and playing it safe too much. That seems like Si+inferior Pe.

Yes, Taylor Swift reminds me more of a Faith Hill type, someone who may have a long career if she manages to grow on her next album; I'm pretty sure with her Fe she'll be sensitive to how she's perceived (I don't think it's her intent to upset anyone, and she's probably kinda surprised at the way people are seeing her now as not a victim of bad romance, but as someone who obsesses over her exes and makes too many references to them publicly; Carly Simon did it once with "You're So Vain" but you can't make an entire career out of calling people out, unless you're Eminem and kind of make a name for yourself by pissing people off, I don't think Taylor Swift could have even PREDICTED the way she is now being perceived with this new album...again, lack of Ni, I don't think with her Fe that if she had Ni she would have made such a social blunder unless it was intentional).

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Celebrity types actually has Taylor Swift listed as a ESTP:shock:, but hey they also have (INTJ)Richard Dawkins as INTP and (ENTP)Christoper Hitchens as INTJ.

No way in hell is she a Se dominant, I mean ESTPs are known for being brash, thick skinned, and risk taking, they like to stir up the pot(like Madonna did during the '80s) from what I've seen of her she seems the opposite of that.

cassann

MBTI Type
Fi
i came across a site a while ago on songwriting styles of each type & xsfj fit her style perfectly i think she is isfj maybe i/e balanced not sure though

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:yay::happy0065:
:thinking:
what's my prize?
:unsure:

The prize was going to be for this thread to be over.........

But some people like to change the course of history :D

Now your prize is a cute kitten.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ESFJ 3w2 sx/so, is my best guess.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was thinking ENFJ. I don't think she's an INFJ.

raissaroars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely not an INFJ. Sometimes she sounds like an INFP to me, but mostly she's an ESFJ. She's very extrovert and she cares a lot about her image (there's an interview where she says she stopped dating for a while because of the slut-shaming she received). I mean, obviously public people care about their image as a whole, but she clearly expressed how it impacted her life. I just don't know how she can be an ESFJ and still changes her song genres from time to time, but let's not limit someone for their type.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How are people getting INFJ from her?

I see her as ESFP (Se (she's got style) Fi (individual circumstances are her songs, responds to those who are hurt individually) Te (got big in the music business and is rather orderly how she does the music process once she gets started) Ni (likes the spontaneity of the song writing process, starts to flow easily once started) )

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESFJ 3w2 sx/so, is my best guess.

I agree except with sx/so, why do you think she's sx-dom? :thinking: She seems more so/sx or so/sp to me.

Edit: oop, I also just realized you posted this in 2014.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah i'm going with ESFJ 3w2 so/sp. very sx-last vibe to me.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah i'm going with ESFJ 3w2 so/sp. very sx-last vibe to me.

I don't know how you can say she is sx-last, have you heard of her new album 1989?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know how you can say she is sx-last, have you heard of her new album 1989?

I've listened to it - what about it do you think strikes as sx to you? :thinking:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree except with sx/so, why do you think she's sx-dom? :thinking: She seems more so/sx or so/sp to me.

Edit: oop, I also just realized you posted this in 2014.

I agree. I think Tay-tay is so/sx. I also happen to think she's ESFP, not ESFJ. There's something Ni/Se about her. She just gets it in the way that a lot of ESFPs I've known have. 3w2 or 2w3 for etype.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being in a relationship is very important to them. They are the most passionate of the subtypes, being temperamental and having more energy.

I've listened to it - what about it do you think strikes as sx to you? :thinking:

Do I not understand sx right? :huh:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do I not understand sx right? :huh:

I'm 100% sure Blank Space was her calling out the way the media chooses to portray her - a crazy, love-obsessed, immature girl who hops from relationship to relationship - rather than about an actual relationship. This whole new stage of her life being more assertive with her career and image while advocating feminist values (excluding a few problematic slip-ups like being friends with Lena Dunham and using black women's bodies as props) basically stemmed from that. It seems much more so-inspired to me than sx.

I could see Style as more of an sx-ish written song though with the way it describes an intense moth-to-flame attraction. Although to me it seems more like enduring obstacles in a relationship rather and persevering in an sp-ish sense.

Either way Taylor seems much more so-dom to me than sx-dom. :shrug: I also think any instinctual type can value relationships.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm 100% sure Blank Space was her calling out the way the media chooses to portray her - a crazy, love-obsessed, immature girl who hops from relationship to relationship - rather than about an actual relationship. This whole new stage of her life being more assertive with her career and image while advocating feminist values (excluding a few problematic slip-ups like being friends with Lena Dunham and using black women's bodies as props) basically stemmed from that. It seems much more so-inspired to me than sx.

I could see Style as more of an sx-ish written song though with the way it describes an intense moth-to-flame attraction. Although to me it seems more like enduring obstacles in a relationship rather and persevering in an sp-ish sense.

Either way Taylor seems much more so-dom to me than sx-dom. :shrug: I also think any instinctual type can value relationships.

Interesting to hear your perspective. Thank you!

I was debating on putting Style as the video. I could see her as so/sx though too. I can't see her sx-last though :\

Even her earlier songs I still think she is direct in what she wants, I'm probably judging out of context though, I've never met her in person.