• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Taylor Swift

What Personality Type is Taylor Swift?

• Total voters

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(Is swimming in my straight jacket, but it is weighting me down so it's hard to move)

Nicki

Retired
ISFJ

Her sensing is subjective. She constantly compares what's happening in the present to what happened in the past. "This was like the time..." "I remember that time..."

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
facepalm.jpg

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
xSFJ, obviously. The people typing her as intuitive have gotta be trolling.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of the most carefree and spirited yet ambitious and competitive woman of the entertainment industry. Obvious SFJ, oh yeah...:rolleyes:

Note for everybody: stop to being stupid.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
She's quite immature but I forget that she's still a kid. My best guess is ESFJ too.

LEGERdeMAIN

Knowing Taylor Swift's type is the: key to success, philosopher's stone, Agarmir's shovel, Elixir of life, Fountain of youth, Holy Grail, Occam's razor, Cup of Jamshid, missing link, Dome of the Rock, Sword in the stone, Tetragrammaton, King Edward's Chair, Crowley's Phoenix Wand.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Indeed Leger. Tayler Swift's type is a great treasure we have yet to find. :(

When we do find her type it will be the ultimate triumph of human reason, for then we will know the mind of God! :happy2:

Don't shoot for too much Ni enlightenment though. The flash of light from the divine superstar would destroy minds and annihilate our existence!

At least she is God though and could create a new and imrpoved Universe from the chaos.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's quite immature but I forget that she's still a kid. My best guess is ESFJ too.

She's not really a kid, she is in fact 23 years old, probably her music content and image makes her seem a lot younger.

YellowElephant

INFJ. It's obvious. I don't know where you got that S part from. She wouldn't be so physically awkward if she was some S type and she wouldn't be as sarcastic and constantly overthinking and trying to find some general rules ("there I go again, over-planning and over-organizing my over-thinking", "If you think about human nature, our favourite pair of shoes are the ones we bought yesterday, our favourite thing is the newest thing that we have…and the thing we’ve seen the most and for the longest period of time is our reflection in the mirror, so obviously that’s going to be our least favourite thing."). And let me break something down for you - yes, she talks about physical objects in her songs, but that's how symbolism works. She's not mentioning them for the sake of mentioning, but everything means something, she's fascinated with perception (as Ni) so she creates one. She's not writing about things that actually happened, she's writing about things that could happen, representations of certain (already classified) emotions. She's smart and she knows that the public is interested in things that happened to her, not in her ideas so it's always so personal, especially as she gets older because previously she didn't have a problem with admitting that her songs are about things that could happen.
I think far too many people think that
a) you can't even notice what's going around you to be a N
b) life is black or white and people fit MBTI perfectly
b) interviews represent the person, not the persona they're trying to sell you

A few quotes:
"I watched their reactions and emotions, especially to understand what was what I was doing wrong. But then I realized that if I could see these people and take note of everything I saw, I could write a good song."
""Mine" is about the idea of what a relationship could look like if I really found a real one. Because this guy put his arm around me and it was by the water and I literally saw the entire relationship flash forward in that moment."
"I am alone a lot, which is good. I need that time to just be alone after a long day, just decompress. "
"My songs are always inspired by emotions. I break down emotions into like 50 million categories and one big category is sadness. There's the missing-him kind of sadness. There's the frustrated-and-confused, don't-know-why-it-ended kind of sadness, there's the sadness tinged with anger. 'There's the I know we can't be together but I miss you right now, there's the sadness tinged with anger, there's the sadness that has guilt with it, there's the sadness that has a little bit of hope that he'll come back. 'That's why emotions are so beautiful to write about because they all sound so different to me."
A fan asked asks what comes first, the melody or lyrics. Swift, looking elegant, says, “Neither. For me it more comes as a general idea”

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ. It's obvious. I don't know where you got that S part from. She wouldn't be so physically awkward if she was some S type and she wouldn't be as sarcastic and constantly overthinking and trying to find some general rules ("there I go again, over-planning and over-organizing my over-thinking", "If you think about human nature, our favourite pair of shoes are the ones we bought yesterday, our favourite thing is the newest thing that we have…and the thing we’ve seen the most and for the longest period of time is our reflection in the mirror, so obviously that’s going to be our least favourite thing."). And let me break something down for you - yes, she talks about physical objects in her songs, but that's how symbolism works. She's not mentioning them for the sake of mentioning, but everything means something, she's fascinated with perception (as Ni) so she creates one. She's not writing about things that actually happened, she's writing about things that could happen, representations of certain (already classified) emotions. She's smart and she knows that the public is interested in things that happened to her, not in her ideas so it's always so personal, especially as she gets older because previously she didn't have a problem with admitting that her songs are about things that could happen.
I think far too many people think that
a) you can't even notice what's going around you to be a N
b) life is black or white and people fit MBTI perfectly
b) interviews represent the person, not the persona they're trying to sell you

A few quotes:
"I watched their reactions and emotions, especially to understand what was what I was doing wrong. But then I realized that if I could see these people and take note of everything I saw, I could write a good song."
""Mine" is about the idea of what a relationship could look like if I really found a real one. Because this guy put his arm around me and it was by the water and I literally saw the entire relationship flash forward in that moment."
"I am alone a lot, which is good. I need that time to just be alone after a long day, just decompress. "
"My songs are always inspired by emotions. I break down emotions into like 50 million categories and one big category is sadness. There's the missing-him kind of sadness. There's the frustrated-and-confused, don't-know-why-it-ended kind of sadness, there's the sadness tinged with anger. 'There's the I know we can't be together but I miss you right now, there's the sadness tinged with anger, there's the sadness that has guilt with it, there's the sadness that has a little bit of hope that he'll come back. 'That's why emotions are so beautiful to write about because they all sound so different to me."
A fan asked asks what comes first, the melody or lyrics. Swift, looking elegant, says, “Neither. For me it more comes as a general idea”

That can be explained better by Si.

Ni symbolism is more oft illustrated by simile and metaphor, not physical objects. Physical objects representing feelings and emotions is Si.

She def sounds E4 with all that sadness obsession.

She's isfj.

Nicki

Retired
Yeah she's probably either a 3w4 or 4w3 now that I think about it. Taylor Swift has no Ni. She's pure Si. Inferior Ne makes her quirky at times.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah she's probably either a 3w4 or 4w3 now that I think about it. Taylor Swift has no Ni. She's pure Si. Inferior Ne makes her quirky at times.

Exactly.

As I have said on another site, she's the biggest ISFJ that ever did ISFJ. It's really evident in her lyrics as well.

The Ne is coming out more as she gets older, too, you know? She was so Si/Fe in her early career, pretty safe, talking about her personal experiences and feelings, and on her latest album I think maybe she branched out a teeny tiny bit ...but just a teeny bit. The video for "We Are Never Getting Back Together" is super cute and more playful.

But even in that song she makes a reference to how "normal" and mainstream she knows she is, and how her ex talked about "some indie record that's MUCH cooler than mine (with an implied eye roll)."

Some people say ESFJ, and it's the only other type I could possibly see for her. Si seems to be her life.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A few quotes:

Most of these are Fe, not Ni.

Needing alone time and her songs coming from a general idea could just as easily make her an Si dom.

I do love the song "Mine," it was my favorite Taylor Swift song before "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" came out, (oh yes I'm a closet fan, though I don't go to her concerts or anything) ...but anyone can dream of the future or have an imagination. It doesn't make them an Ni dom.

Nicki

Retired
Yeah, I agree. I don't like her very much but I love her songs. They're so easy to relate to and catchy.