• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Taylor Swift

What Personality Type is Taylor Swift?

• Total voters

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I think SFJ. Maybe ISFP.

The reasons you gave for her being N are pretty weak, especially resorting to the "Because, like me, she..." method.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think SFJ. Maybe ISFP.

The reasons you gave for her being N are pretty weak, especially resorting to the "Because, like me, she..." method.

And tends to repeat words that are spoken to her rather than elaborating, branching off. isfp is a good fit.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'd say ISFJ, maybe ISFP. Goddamn, she must be the sweetest and most innocent little princess in the entire entertainment industry. She's so sweet, even sugar cubes get cavities from only hearing her name. She's so sweet, she causes diabetes epidemics among huge numbers of ant societies. Only ISFs can do THAT.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
like me, she's a song-writer, and she has creative sparks where she just HAS to write down the idea.

I am a writer too, and when something hits me I have to write it down right then and there too.

I agree with the ISFx...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i say ISFx too :yes:

leaning towards ISFJ

Kymbirleigh said:
I am a writer too, and when something hits me I have to write it down right then and there too.

me too - i've worked as a tutor with writers for years, and this seems very, very common, especially with creative writing. i don't think it's related to any type in particular.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
me too - i've worked as a tutor with writers for years, and this seems very, very common, especially with creative writing. i don't think it's related to any type in particular.

Yeah... I have to do it, because I know if I don't write down the idea immediately, I will never remember it later. I've thought of stuff in the past and tried the "oh I'll just write it down when I get home..." and when I get home I've done so much other stuff I get home and think... There was something I was going to do, but can't remember what... :doh:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
ISFP, no doubt

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Getting ideas is no reason to type someone as N. The ISFP I know is possibly the most creative person I've ever met in terms of getting and starting ideas. The TYPE of creativity often differs between S and N. Ns will be more abstract, symbolic and out there in general than S's.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm sorry, but absolutely nothing about her seems N to me. I have no clue where you're getting that at all. ISFJ or ISFP.

Her lyrics are pretty straight-forward and are practically plain speech (which, of course, is common in country songs) and the limited metaphors she uses are also really common, overused things like diamond sky and burning sun. I don't see her lyrics as being especially creative, honestly, but they seem very heart felt and emotional and I'm sure she's musically talented...I guess. I'm even from the South and I like some country music, and I still can't particularly see anything special about Taylor Swift's music.

I just read an article that said her recent album is about the past two years of her life. She "writes what she knows." She seems to enjoy romanticizing past relationships which could be an ISFJ thing...the only reason I say *maybe* ISFP because she appears to be using Fi....i.e. projecting her own feelings onto a musical instrument, for example, and her preoccupation with her own inner emotional life.

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ
xSFJ seems the most likely to me. I watched an interview of her in her tour bus once and she reminded me so much of my ESFJ roommate with her mannerisms it was kind of creepy.

Aside from personal anecdotes, I can see that overall fashion/style seems very xSFJ. Compare her with the SP-heavy pop populus and Taylor Swift looks like a little lady every single time. All of her outfits, even casual ones, look meticulously put together and extremely feminine. She tries to look "nice" and "on-trend" rather than "edgy" or "unique" or "sexy" or even "comfortable."

Also, I agree with the previous post that Taylor Swift writes what she knows. I think nearly all her songs are based on some past relationship/feeling and her reliving it, possibly suggesting Si.

What are some other ISFJ/ESFJ singers she could possibly be compared to?

deleted
I'm sorry, but absolutely nothing about her seems N to me. I have no clue where you're getting that at all. ISFJ or ISFP.

Her lyrics are pretty straight-forward and are practically plain speech (which, of course, is common in country songs) and the limited metaphors she uses are also really common, overused things like diamond sky and burning sun. I don't see her lyrics as being especially creative, honestly, but they seem very heart felt and emotional and I'm sure she's musically talented...I guess. I'm even from the South and I like some country music, and I still can't particularly see anything special about Taylor Swift's music.

I just read an article that said her recent album is about the past two years of her life. She "writes what she knows." She seems to enjoy romanticizing past relationships which could be an ISFJ thing...the only reason I say *maybe* ISFP because she appears to be using Fi....i.e. projecting her own feelings onto a musical instrument, for example, and her preoccupation with her own inner emotional life.

So limited and deceptive knowledge of a person--esp in the sense of not knowing if they're FiSe or SiFe, which she is really neither. I'm curious, what do you consider to be N? How special is it to you...

Aside from personal anecdotes, I can see that overall fashion/style seems very xSFJ. Compare her with the SP-heavy pop populus and Taylor Swift looks like a little lady every single time. All of her outfits, even casual ones, look meticulously put together and extremely feminine. She tries to look "nice" and "on-trend" rather than "edgy" or "unique" or "sexy" or even "comfortable."

That's not too bad of a point for Fe.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So limited and deceptive knowledge of a person--esp in the sense of not knowing if they're FiSe or SiFe, which she is really neither. I'm curious, what do you consider to be N? How special is it to you...

Examples of NF lyricists: Tori Amos, Nick Cave.

NFs typically have better grasp of metaphor and don't pass off simply writing the way that people talk as "art." It's not about how creative a person is...SPs are frequently very creative...but this tends to show in style of creativity and methods employed. She doesn't strike me as someone who writes concept albums, or approaches her song writing in an abstract manner. I don't see her use of theory or symbolism anywhere. She doesn't even seem to have a higher political or social purpose. NOTHING.

Despite your criticism, I don't see you making any solid argument at all for any functions. At least I gave reasoning and evidence. If you want to imagine that she's an N just because you like her, or because she happened to make a rather cliche reference to Romeo and Juliet in one of her songs, that's a bit preposterous.

It's not even that I don't think that ISFP can be creative, many of my favorite musicians or visual artists are SP...this isn't a criticism of ISFPs, in general. I just think Taylor Swift happens to be an S, and not a particularly original or creative one....which as strikes me as heavily ISFJ, frankly.

She's a very pretty girl and she seems very sweet. She is capable of producing mainstream country hits. That does not make her an N. If anything, she strikes me as being just another manufactured pop sensation.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
I thought she was isfj but I watched a special on her and she seemed really energized by people and just seemed very extroverted.

ESFJ. She's a blond Snow White really.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol, my ESFJ mother thought that she was a "perfect girl", so I'm guessing xSFJ. And the fact that she just let Kanye march up and interrupt her. If it was me he was trying that with, jaws and/or egos would've been damaged.