• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Taylor Swift

What Personality Type is Taylor Swift?

• Total voters

KDude

I'm actually the only one who even try to make an argument. People here just saw the opinion about what she looks to be, and followed. Not tried to know what she is.

I don't pretend to know her better, but to be better at typing, which is different.

Like I said, make your own site then. At your own site, you could bypass this issue. Silence the opposition and hold the reins on the truth ;)

I'll make one argument against you. And it ties in to the Kanye argument made above, where Taylor is easily made to look too passive, without any comeback (not even a funny one), and no sense of opportunity in that moment. In your mind, Se is some kind of faggy and "stylish" function, for lack of a better word (or words). I still haven't figured you out, tbh, but that's how it comes off. Then you project this conception of Se on to others, and start producing some questionable typings yourself. ESTPs are usually ranged from aggressively insane like Joe Pesci characters to tough, athletic, and bombastic like Ray Lewis. Or just downright vulgar, like John Belushi. The ones who are questionable ESFJ or ESTP are still a bit swaggery.. like Rachael Ray. Most of the bonafide female celebrities are more like Asia Argento or Mae West. All of them have a kind of attitude to them, no matter how they look. They're not schoolgirls singing about the hundredth emo boy they shed tears for. And then they're not going to get outshined by Kanye West.. not easily at least (Kanye is probably Se/ESFP himself).

You kind of admit she doesn't display some traits, and just chalk it up to her doing a sort of "wholesome" act. That she just wants people to see her as a good girl type. Your argument depends on ascribing dishonesty to her that isn't as evident to me. She seems sincere to me. ymmv

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They're not schoolgirls singing about the hundredth emo boy they shed tears for.

But Taylor S is not that at all either.

And then they're not going to get outshined by Kanye West.. not easily at least (Kanye is probably Se/ESFP himself).

He is ISFJ.

You kind of admit she doesn't display some traits,

Just because she's not a violent sociopath does not mean that she's not ESTP.

and just chalk it up to her doing a sort of "wholesome" act. That she just wants people to see her as a good girl type. Your argument depends on ascribing dishonesty to her that isn't as evident to me. She seems sincere to me. ymmv

She's wholesome but spontaneous, fre-spirited and carefree. And she's also very competitive. Certainly not an SFJ.

If she has been SFJ she would not have made a point about being in a "do it yourself" attitude, she would have simply let her bosses rule everything, and follow.

KDude

Just because she's not a violent sociopath does not mean that she's not ESTP..

lol. The only person I mentioned that described that was Joe Pesci. The common thread I made was attitude, and a sense of owning the space.. a scene chewer in a way. There are many ways of going about that (Mae West was upfront with sexuality, John Belushi was the sick class clown, Ray Lewis the bombastic football star, etc). She doesn't really do it. She's subtly goofy and demure. She isn't Se dominant for the same reasons Meryl Streep isn't (another person you type ESTP).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You argued, you didn't "make an argument". (Or at least an explanation beyond "she's an estp".)

Actualoly, I did. But you did not see that. Perhaps you should learn to read.

I had personally typed her ISFJ before seeing this thread,

And you are wrong.

and tend to try to type people without looking at responses to eliminate bias. I can't speak for anyone else, but did you consider people on this board may simply agree on something without just copying eachother?

No, but it's obvious that people here dod not analyze her in depth just typed her quickly done wrong based on her superficial image.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
, and a sense of owning the space.. a scene chewer in a way.

And you think that Taylor S has not that? lol.

And if you think that Meryl Streep has not that, you're foolish.

KDude

No, but it's obvious that people here dod not analyze her in depth just typed her quickly done wrong based on her superficial image.

Again, your argument revolves around some secret personality she's hiding, and you've discovered. Supposedly it's all an act. You're trying to call people out on something they can't see. And deem that "superficial".

She could be acting, but why should anyone believe it, if they don't see it. Believing conceptions over what's before you is probably a reason you aren't a Se dominant either.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actualoly, I did. But you did not see that. Perhaps you should learn to read.

And you are wrong.

Show me what post it is.

(Edit: read previous post incorrectly, "you are wrong" meant she's not an isfj, I thought it meant "you did not type her isfj before this." Scratch extra stuff. )

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My gut instinct was to say isfj too.

But I really don't watch celebrity interviews.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Again, your argument revolves around some secret personality she's hiding,

No. She's openly spontaneous, free-spirited and competitive, and she proudly claim that herself.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Show me what post it is.and yes, I did. I've listened to interviews before this and had her as isfj, and yes, I type people before reading threads.

Don't have the time to find that for you and it's not my duty to do it. The research function is your friend.

Actually, none decent argument has been made on her suposed SFJness, just a "oooooh she's so sweet, she must be an SFJ" and nothing else.

I call that superficial and irrational. And of course, that typing is wrong.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. She's openly spontaneous, free-spirited and competitive, and she proudly claim that herself.

If I say I'm free-spirited and spontaneous, does that make it so?

iow there's an allure and aspiration tied to free-spiritedness and spontaneity for J's. We like to think we're spontaneous, or at least CAN be, and we absolutely can be. But in comparison to an actual P, we're not. Obviously.

From my perspective, it's just as 'superficial' to take her (or anyone's) word on something she says about herself. Have to look at the broader context, a whole stream of interviews, truly know her (which no one can), not take isolated quotes from one or two interviews and ascribe that as truth. Holistically, does her entire life, actions, choices, values, decision-points, methods, etc, align with what she says about herself?

fwiw I haven't watched any of her interviews so can't comment on her type.

I

Infinite Bubble

I'd say ESFJ. Fe everywhere. Backed up by Si when she refers to experiences with other people in the past. Tert-Ne makes it good enough to be noticeable, making her at times seem more spontaneous, but in reality is probably just a back up for her more dominant functions. Inferior Ti makes sense because in essence it's disconnecting from people and finding objective truth etc, which is practically the opposite of her.

Permabanned
If I say I'm free-spirited and spontaneous, does that make it so?
Only if you're an INFJ. Then all the below doesn't apply. :coffee:

iow there's an allure and aspiration tied to free-spiritedness and spontaneity for J's. We like to think we're spontaneous, or at least CAN be, and we absolutely can be. But in comparison to an actual P, we're not. Obviously.

From my perspective, it's just as 'superficial' to take her (or anyone's) word on something she says about herself. Have to look at the broader context, a whole stream of interviews, truly know her (which no one can), not take isolated quotes from one or two interviews and ascribe that as truth. Holistically, does her entire life, actions, choices, values, decision-points, methods, etc, align with what she says about herself?

fwiw I haven't watched any of her interviews so can't comment on her type.
Truer words have never been spoken. Sticky material, IMO. :yes:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You people need to stop blowing up about functions, and start looking at thoughts/behaviors.

Yes, I believe in functions (Dario Nardi proved them via EEG), but I don't believe most people can immediately identify which functions are in the forefront with sufficient accuracy to make a definative typing diagnosis based solely upon them (theoretically, we do use all functions to some degree after all, but certain functions we will just have a natural preference for).

So if she acts like an ESP with unrestricted spontaneity, then Tayler Swift most likely is one, and the proper functions should follow from that (I'm voting ESFP, but ESTP works too).

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Maybe not so obviously but I've analyzed her quotes, songs, and a bit of her interviews and it all seems to point to ESFJ as the most likely pattern.

She tends to say a lot of things in the moment that in their nature contradict (maybe her rejection of Ti?) First she says things that indicate a more conservative approach and then she says she's spontaneous..... I think her tert. Ne development is confusing her. I'm pretty sure she's a type 3 too, which may explain her more competitive approach.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*reads thread and orders straitjackets*

I'm a size 6...... er, I mean a size 10. Gotta have a little wiggle room, ya know....