User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Taylor Swift?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Taylor Swift

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I think INFJ is a better call than ISFJ, she's Ni.
    Could be.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    INTJ

ISFP, no doubt
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Getting ideas is no reason to type someone as N. The ISFP I know is possibly the most creative person I've ever met in terms of getting and starting ideas. The TYPE of creativity often differs between S and N. Ns will be more abstract, symbolic and out there in general than S's.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm sorry, but absolutely nothing about her seems N to me. I have no clue where you're getting that at all. ISFJ or ISFP.

Her lyrics are pretty straight-forward and are practically plain speech (which, of course, is common in country songs) and the limited metaphors she uses are also really common, overused things like diamond sky and burning sun. I don't see her lyrics as being especially creative, honestly, but they seem very heart felt and emotional and I'm sure she's musically talented...I guess. I'm even from the South and I like some country music, and I still can't particularly see anything special about Taylor Swift's music.

I just read an article that said her recent album is about the past two years of her life. She "writes what she knows." She seems to enjoy romanticizing past relationships which could be an ISFJ thing...the only reason I say *maybe* ISFP because she appears to be using Fi....i.e. projecting her own feelings onto a musical instrument, for example, and her preoccupation with her own inner emotional life.

xSFJ seems the most likely to me. I watched an interview of her in her tour bus once and she reminded me so much of my ESFJ roommate with her mannerisms it was kind of creepy.

Aside from personal anecdotes, I can see that overall fashion/style seems very xSFJ. Compare her with the SP-heavy pop populus and Taylor Swift looks like a little lady every single time. All of her outfits, even casual ones, look meticulously put together and extremely feminine. She tries to look "nice" and "on-trend" rather than "edgy" or "unique" or "sexy" or even "comfortable."

Also, I agree with the previous post that Taylor Swift writes what she knows. I think nearly all her songs are based on some past relationship/feeling and her reliving it, possibly suggesting Si.

What are some other ISFJ/ESFJ singers she could possibly be compared to?

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm sorry, but absolutely nothing about her seems N to me. I have no clue where you're getting that at all. ISFJ or ISFP.

Her lyrics are pretty straight-forward and are practically plain speech (which, of course, is common in country songs) and the limited metaphors she uses are also really common, overused things like diamond sky and burning sun. I don't see her lyrics as being especially creative, honestly, but they seem very heart felt and emotional and I'm sure she's musically talented...I guess. I'm even from the South and I like some country music, and I still can't particularly see anything special about Taylor Swift's music.

I just read an article that said her recent album is about the past two years of her life. She "writes what she knows." She seems to enjoy romanticizing past relationships which could be an ISFJ thing...the only reason I say *maybe* ISFP because she appears to be using Fi....i.e. projecting her own feelings onto a musical instrument, for example, and her preoccupation with her own inner emotional life.
    So limited and deceptive knowledge of a person--esp in the sense of not knowing if they're FiSe or SiFe, which she is really neither. I'm curious, what do you consider to be N? How special is it to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Colombe Gris View Post
    Aside from personal anecdotes, I can see that overall fashion/style seems very xSFJ. Compare her with the SP-heavy pop populus and Taylor Swift looks like a little lady every single time. All of her outfits, even casual ones, look meticulously put together and extremely feminine. She tries to look "nice" and "on-trend" rather than "edgy" or "unique" or "sexy" or even "comfortable."
    That's not too bad of a point for Fe.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    So limited and deceptive knowledge of a person--esp in the sense of not knowing if they're FiSe or SiFe, which she is really neither. I'm curious, what do you consider to be N? How special is it to you...
    Examples of NF lyricists: Tori Amos, Nick Cave.

NFs typically have better grasp of metaphor and don't pass off simply writing the way that people talk as "art." It's not about how creative a person is...SPs are frequently very creative...but this tends to show in style of creativity and methods employed. She doesn't strike me as someone who writes concept albums, or approaches her song writing in an abstract manner. I don't see her use of theory or symbolism anywhere. She doesn't even seem to have a higher political or social purpose. NOTHING.

Despite your criticism, I don't see you making any solid argument at all for any functions. At least I gave reasoning and evidence. If you want to imagine that she's an N just because you like her, or because she happened to make a rather cliche reference to Romeo and Juliet in one of her songs, that's a bit preposterous.

It's not even that I don't think that ISFP can be creative, many of my favorite musicians or visual artists are SP...this isn't a criticism of ISFPs, in general. I just think Taylor Swift happens to be an S, and not a particularly original or creative one....which as strikes me as heavily ISFJ, frankly.

She's a very pretty girl and she seems very sweet. She is capable of producing mainstream country hits. That does not make her an N. If anything, she strikes me as being just another manufactured pop sensation.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

I thought she was isfj but I watched a special on her and she seemed really energized by people and just seemed very extroverted.

ESFJ. She's a blond Snow White really.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

lol, my ESFJ mother thought that she was a "perfect girl", so I'm guessing xSFJ. And the fact that she just let Kanye march up and interrupt her. If it was me he was trying that with, jaws and/or egos would've been damaged.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

I/E SFJ