User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Taylor Swift?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Song lyrics have an NF tone, but doesn't she do a bunch of her own production planning? I think that really excites ESFJs, and they are naturals at it too. They are the ideal party planner, and they even enjoy making sure all the little details are taken care of. The practical stuff.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    I N V I C T U S

Widdles in your cream. Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Does she even write her own lyrics?

My gut says ESFJ.
    Um, yeah.

Ruler of the Stars Array Asterion's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

This is a pretty good indicator of Introversion:
    The New York Times described Swift as "one of pop's finest songwriters, countrys foremost pragmatist and more in touch with her inner life than most adults"
    Not sure how valid it is though, that's the first piece of info I've found and I only just started looking. INFJ sounds pretty right to me. Aren't SJs known to be traditional though? So would it be traditional to do that whole recording her own songs thing?

On May 15, 2007, Swift performed "Tim McGraw" at the Academy of Country Music Awards. She sang the song to Tim McGraw in the audience, and introduced herself for the first time to him.
    That seems like an extroverted thing to do.

The performance started off with her dressed in a hooded sweatshirt and jeans, but soon after a short black halter dress was revealed. In the last minute of the song, she went backstage to perform the final verse under a cascading waterfall. Swift had wanted to do that performance on stage with the water and the change of clothes since she was ten years old.
    Is that just J, or would that also be indicative of Si/Ni? It's intuitives that look to the future like that right?

In June 2008, at the CMA Music Festival held in Nashville, Swift signed autographs for nearly eight straight hours.
    That hints at either dedication or extroversion I'd say.

"We were the ones in the back of the class saying negative things about Romeo and Juliet because we were so bitter toward that emotion at the time," said Anderson. "We just really connected ... and ever since then we have been inseparable."
    donno what that means, but it sounds important

After that, I'd say ENFJ, but The E versus I is a bit sketchy =\
    5 3 9

Senior Member Array BlueinGreen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Some friends of mine went to high school with her and described her as pretty introverted. When she suddenly got signed they were all kind of bewildered. It sounded like no one knew her all that well.

Ruler of the Stars Array Asterion's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinGreen View Post
    Some friends of mine went to high school with her and described her as pretty introverted. When she suddenly got signed they were all kind of bewildered. It sounded like no one knew her all that well.
    Sweet, that helps heaps, INFJ wins *bows graciously, blows kisses to the audience*
    5 3 9

Senior Member Array Scott N Denver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Does she even write her own lyrics?

My gut says ESFJ.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As in she writes her own song lyrics..
    Last edited by Scott N Denver; 07-16-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: expanding

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    Song lyrics have an NF tone, but doesn't she do a bunch of her own production planning? I think that really excites ESFJs, and they are naturals at it too. They are the ideal party planner, and they even enjoy making sure all the little details are taken care of. The practical stuff.
    She does tons of production planning. She designed the stage, the lights, helps make executive decisions. And she looves planning. Every little detail of it. She's very in control of the situation around her. She's also always improving her show. After the first one she immediately had corrections for the crew and stuff. It demonstrates a lot of Te actually, but I'm still going with ESFJ.

Yes, she does write her own lyrics. But they also give off a vibe of living in the moment and not realizing how her relationships will turn out. It seems like she always goes for guys who treat her terribly and cheat on her. She doesn't really see it coming and then it hits her and BAM ... heartbreak. An intuitive would probably have more .. intuition about that. haha.

Her videos (the ones on her MySpace page) seem very extraverted. She might have just felt uncomfortable in high school. She says a lot how people didn't understand her, plus she was so focused on her career that she didn't spend as much time doing "normal" high school stuff
    "Imagination creates beauty, hope, magic, and happiness, which are everything in this world."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

Thumbs up Taylor Swift

I know, I know. I'm obssessed. I try. :workout:
    Anyway, what type do you think she is? I definetly think she's an F. Read this from "5 Revelations From Taylor Swift" in People Magazine:

"While doing a session with a string section for the new record, I tried out cello. The sound was so inspiring--so full. It can make you cry. it just emotes--it's like it has feelings."

I also think she's an N; because, like me, she's a song-writer, and she has creative sparks where she just HAS to write down the idea. No matter what time.

So far, I think she's an XNFX. So, what do you think? Do you agree with me? Or, do you think she's a totally different type?

Please respond! Thanks.
    My username, untypeable, is a pun of Untouchable by Taylor Swift. I punned it because of the relationship of my previous inabilities to be typed.
    I don't own my profile pic or avatar (I wish I did ), yada yada yada...

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain
    It often takes a lot of analyzing and introspective consideration to accurately discover what ones type truly is, but its all worth the journey of work required to do so, for you come out wiser about yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Algebra Teacher
    Don't steal any Harvard squirrels!

TypologyBentral.Bom Array chickpea's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

XSFJ
    being a songwriter doesn't make her N

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast