User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Taylor Swift?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 208

Thread: Taylor Swift

  1. #181
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,148

    Default

    Back here just to make a few comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I see her as ESFP (Se (she's got style)
    I think this "she's got style" argument for Tay being an Se-dom just doesn't hold water imho. Se can be so much more than just knowing what's aesthetically pleasing and seeing "what is" - I used to think the same tho. Se is Pe - it's experiential and experimental in its own way. It can manifest in the way Mariah Carey revolutionized (or popularized at the very least) mainstream pop music incorporating hip-hop and rap influences to stimulate herself creatively, it can manifest in the way Nicki Minaj wore wacky outfits and created various alter egos to put herself in the spotlight and consequently break herself down and show the audience what she could really do and who she really was with The Pinkprint, or it can even manifest in the way Kelly Clarkson dips her toes into a plethora of musical genres when doing live performances because she doesn't like to pigeonhole herself. Not that other types can't do these things or arrive at these conclusions, but the rationale behind it is what's different.

    Taylor has style for sure. Specifically I love the ensemble she wore at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards. But I think if that can be linked to anything it's possibly to 3 - her outfits are conventionally appealing but not boring and her new music is pop but not sugar-coated annoying bubblegum pop. Taylor is smacked right in the sweet spot between what's popular/well-liked and what's impressive/respectable (and no these categories aren't always or even often mutually exclusive) and, personally, I have a feeling she knows it. Like @chickpea said she's a very smart businesswoman and she definitely knows how to market herself. Obviously this isn't all to say she doesn't have as much substance as the people I mentioned above as every type of style has merit, but Taylor's seems more out of preference for wanting to be received positively by others.

    Side rant, my one problem with her is that her new feminist image seems to be only an image. From defending Lena Dunham to not acknowledging racism against black women after Nicki Minaj tried to point it out to her, she can use "supporting all girls" as a blanketing tactic to cover up real issues that feminists are trying to talk about. But I am sure she's well-intentioned so hopefully if she keeps lending an ear to feminist issues she'll learn over time who she should be defending and supporting and who she shouldn't.

    Ni (likes the spontaneity of the song writing process, starts to flow easily once started)
    And to me this actually seems more like a Pe sentiment (in this case, Se) than Ni...which is funny because I'm the one who doesn't think she's a Pe-dom. But if anything says spontaneous, free-form creative processes to me it's Pe.

    Fi (individual circumstances are her songs, responds to those who are hurt individually)
    Putting aside the fact that lots of people write movies, music, etc about their own individual circumstances, if anything this seems more like Si to me. I think @EJCC said to me recently that country music itself is very Si as a genre and it makes sense since it's almost entirely about the meaning attached to past experience and how they affect the present.

    I mean, in the end we have no real way of knowing Taylor's type but I stand by ESFJ for her. Sorry if this is basically all blabble but those are my thoughts on her and ESFPness.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

    Likes EJCC, windoverlake liked this post

  2. #182
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    39

    Default

    ESTP 3w2 is what I'll say.

  3. #183
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    ISFJ. Probably one of the most stereotypical examples in contemporary pop culture, in fact.

    It irritates me that I find her hot, because her music doesn't appeal to me...at all.

  4. #184
    Senior Member plastic ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    115

    Default

    I'd guess ESFJ 2w3 so/sx. A lot of her public image (caregiver, sweet girl, etc) seems way Fe. The way she acts in interviews and the like kind of reminds me of my ENFJ father, but I'd guess Si for no real reason.
    Likes windoverlake liked this post

  5. #185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    ISFJ. Probably one of the most stereotypical examples in contemporary pop culture, in fact.
    ESFJ. She is not an introvert. She basks on the stage, which has extended beyond the sold-out arenas; her social media presence is dense and intense. I've never seen someone so ecstatic about performing and being seen, etc. I also saw some interviews she did on Ellen and she never forgets the audience.

    Quote Originally Posted by plastic ciel View Post
    I'd guess ESFJ 2w3 so/sx. A lot of her public image (caregiver, sweet girl, etc) seems way Fe. The way she acts in interviews and the like kind of reminds me of my ENFJ father, but I'd guess Si for no real reason.
    I agree. She's practically the classic ESFJ, though I think 3w2 makes more sense for her, but just barely bc her 2w is strong. At the core she seems a lot more 3 than 2.
    Likes Chanaynay, plastic ciel liked this post

  6. #186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post

    Side rant, my one problem with her is that her new feminist image seems to be only an image. From defending Lena Dunham to not acknowledging racism against black women after Nicki Minaj tried to point it out to her, she can use "supporting all girls" as a blanketing tactic to cover up real issues that feminists are trying to talk about. But I am sure she's well-intentioned so hopefully if she keeps lending an ear to feminist issues she'll learn over time who she should be defending and supporting and who she shouldn't.
    I didn't see your post before I posted. I agree with you and with ESFJ.

    She's still young and in the throes of her success, but yes, she's very image-oriented. I remember Fey-Poehler's joke-dig at her for dating a high-schooler, but she's been everywhere lately because of the Apple stuff, then the Nicki Minaj/race/feminism issues. People joke about how she's friends with everyone and she does this thing where she brings famous people and model friends to her concerts to stand on stage with her. Also, she's apparently really socially savvy in a 'meangirl' way, so she's got some 'politic' in her. Immature and unhealthy, though possibly well-meaning, ESFJ. Very good at manipulating her image.

  7. #187
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,946

    Default

    Likes Chanaynay, windoverlake liked this post

  8. #188
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    She's still young and in the throes of her success, but yes, she's very image-oriented. I remember Fey-Poehler's joke-dig at her for dating a high-schooler, but she's been everywhere lately because of the Apple stuff, then the Nicki Minaj/race/feminism issues. People joke about how she's friends with everyone and she does this thing where she brings famous people and model friends to her concerts to stand on stage with her. Also, she's apparently really socially savvy in a 'meangirl' way, so she's got some 'politic' in her. Immature and unhealthy, though possibly well-meaning, ESFJ. Very good at manipulating her image.
    Yeah she can be shallow, but I think if you're looking at ESFJs on the 2/3 axis Ariana Grande is way more unhealthy. I think Taylor has potential for growth from where she is, but whatever the fuck is going on with Ariana she's got to dig herself out of it first. On her first album she portrayed herself as a sweet and demure girl with a "big" voice (eerily similar to '90s Mariah, and this was coincidentally the same time her publicists were heralding her as "the next Mariah"). Second album comes around and suddenly she's cold and detached, rumors are circulating about bratty and rude behavior, and then that doughnut video leaks. Ariana has some issues man, I can't tell if she's ever been real once in her life anymore. I used to like her, but I really can't continue to support her until she finds her own style, cleans that peanut butter out of her mouth, and actually works on her seemingly nonexistent lower register.

    Sorry for the derail. But yeah...I'd take Taylor over Ariana at this point, although musically both of them are underwhelming to me.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  9. #189
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    I looked up some of the concert footage, and wow. That spoof is right on.

    ETA/ omg, the Cosby joke...

  10. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Yeah she can be shallow, but I think if you're looking at ESFJs on the 2/3 axis Ariana Grande is way more unhealthy. I think Taylor has potential for growth from where she is, but whatever the fuck is going on with Ariana she's got to dig herself out of it first. On her first album she portrayed herself as a sweet and demure girl with a "big" voice (eerily similar to '90s Mariah, and this was coincidentally the same time her publicists were heralding her as "the next Mariah"). Second album comes around and suddenly she's cold and detached, rumors are circulating about bratty and rude behavior, and then that doughnut video leaks. Ariana has some issues man, I can't tell if she's ever been real once in her life anymore. I used to like her, but I really can't continue to support her until she finds her own style, cleans that peanut butter out of her mouth, and actually works on her seemingly nonexistent lower register.

    Sorry for the derail. But yeah...I'd take Taylor over Ariana at this point, although musically both of them are underwhelming to me.
    After Taylor Swift I don't want to research Ariana Grande. But is Grande her real surname? Is Swift also a real surname?

Similar Threads

  1. Taylor Swift enneagram type?
    By liYA in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-19-2017, 05:27 PM
  2. Taylor Swift
    By michL87 in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 08:22 PM
  3. Taylor Lautner?
    By TheEmeraldCanopy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 07:17 PM
  4. Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor...
    By The Ü™ in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO