User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Taylor Swift?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I don't know how you can say she is sx-last, have you heard of her new album 1989?
    yeah, most pop songs are about love. she's a very good businesswoman. I could buy so/sx but no way is she sx-dom.
    Likes Forever liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I also happen to think she's ESFP, not ESFJ. There's something Ni/Se about her. She just gets it in the way that a lot of ESFPs I've known have.
    Mm, it's still hard to see for me. But she is on the 2/3 axis so it would make sense why she seems ESFJ to me so I'm wondering if you could elaborate on this ESFPness you're getting.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

just wanted to drop in, hi everyone, it's me Garrot Bear, and see if you taylor swift fans like Elliot Smith (bugar bear hi fives!)...

so Taylor swift fans....here on this thread...would you date a guy who listened to this sort of music? I mean could you make love to this song? Is taylor swift a love making musician?

"i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Do I not understand sx right?
    I always felt that the difference between so/sx and sx-dom was that so/sx's are more about the performance of sexuality as opposed to actual carnality. I think that's why Tay has always been able to be a serial dater (who talks pretty candidly about those relationships in her music) without ever being labeled a slut.

If you want to understand the difference between sx and so/sx, consider the difference between this:

and this...

Subject matter-wise the songs are pretty similar. Both are about "bad boy" types that they've gotten involved with who ended up leaving them broken hearted afterwards. And they're both roughly the same age when they sang them. The thing that makes them different is the degree of rawness that Winehouse brings to it. She's willing to go there and really expose something ugly and specific not only about the relationship, but about herself as well. That orientation towards the individual and the sort of blithe disregard for how social mores would indicate how to present self in an acceptable way are hallmarks of sx-domness.

Taylor's song works for so/sx because while it is about intimacy, the song is presented in almost archetypical fashion, which makes the beats it follows narratively easier for people to identify with en masse. People can bring what they want to it, and share intimacy (sx) on a group (so) level through the common experience she's forged for her listeners. Whether it really happened or with whom is almost besides the point: people look at Taylor Swift and are meant to see themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Mm, it's still hard to see for me. But she is on the 2/3 axis so it would make sense why she seems ESFJ to me so I'm wondering if you could elaborate on this ESFPness you're getting.
    I think the idea that she's either a 2 or has a strong 2 wing, coupled with the idea that she's so/sx could produce a very Fe feel. I just see her as more Se/Ni than Si/Ne. I think she plays Si/Ne qualities a lot more in a pretty canny ploy to make her more relatable. But if you're playing it, it probably means you ain't it. Also compare her style to someone who's a lot more obviously Ne/Si like Katy Perry, she comes off as a lot more Se-style in the moment and just generally more present.
    Little does he know I have a machete in my Chanel bag
    Likes riva, Lethe liked this post

I always felt that the difference between so/sx and sx-dom was that so/sx's are more about the performance of sexuality as opposed to actual carnality. I think that's why Tay has always been able to be a serial dater (who talks pretty candidly about those relationships in her music) without ever being labeled a slut.

If you want to understand the difference between sx and so/sx, consider the difference between this:

Subject matter-wise the songs are pretty similar. Both are about "bad boy" types that they've gotten involved with who ended up leaving them broken hearted afterwards. And they're both roughly the same age when they sang them. The thing that makes them different is the degree of rawness that Winehouse brings to it. She's willing to go there and really expose something ugly and specific not only about the relationship, but about herself as well. That orientation towards the individual and the sort of blithe disregard for how social mores would indicate how to present self in an acceptable way are hallmarks of sx-domness.

Taylor's song works for so/sx because while it is about intimacy, the song is presented in almost archetypal fashion, which makes the beats it follows narratively easier for people to identify with en masse. People can bring what they want to it, and share intimacy (sx) on a group (so) level through the common experience she's forged for her listeners. Whether it really happened or with whom is almost besides the point: people look at Taylor Swift and are meant to see themselves.
    I definitely would relate myself to Taylor's way of singing than Amy Winehouse's, even though I've never really written poems or wrote songs (I know I'm failing at my NF duties ) Maybe it is because of my Fe, I would want to have as many people that can relate to my experience as possible. The music I listen to hardly has to do really specific instances, with a few exceptions of course.

From what I am understanding Sx sounds like Fi and So sounds more like Fe in these contexts.How would an Sx/so Fe dom sound like? Assuming I believe Taylor Swift is an ESFP.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Shake it off, Blank Space, and Bad Blood have really strong Se tones in them, maybe ESTP? I don't think 2 or 3 makes sense though, maybe something else.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

From what I am understanding Sx sounds like Fi and So sounds more like Fe in these contexts.How would an Sx/so Fe dom sound like? Assuming I believe Taylor Swift is an ESFP.
    Fe-dom? I have no clue. I'm pretty sure Florence Welch from Florence + the Machine is INFJ and sx/so.
    Little does he know I have a machete in my Chanel bag

Plastic
    The east and the west are mine, the north and the south are mine. All seems beautiful to me.
    — Walt Whitman

MBTI
    INTJ

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w? so

I have heard her songs of course but only today I've searched and watched her videos and interviews, after seeing her in the Kanye West incident.

Anyway, the fist type that came to my mind was XFFJ. She kinda has Olivia Newton John vibes I think. Olivia seems a bit more pushy, in her interviews which could be due to her age.

I agree. I think Tay-tay is so/sx. I also happen to think she's ESFP, not ESFJ. There's something Ni/Se about her. She just gets it in the way that a lot of ESFPs I've known have. 3w2 or 2w3 for etype.
    Could it be that she 'gets it' because she is a SO dome and to be more specific So/Sx?

I think she plays Si/Ne qualities a lot more in a pretty canny ploy to make her more relatable. But if you're playing it, it probably means you ain't it. Also compare her style to someone who's a lot more obviously Ne/Si like Katy Perry, she comes off as a lot more Se-style in the moment and just generally more present.
    This is just awesome. I think the same.

I should watch some Katy Perry interviews to be able to type her. I always thought ISTP from her videos. Don't you think she Katy Perry is playing Ne/Ti but is actually Se/Ti? She plays Ne-woman awkwardness and occasionally Se spontaneousness I feel making her according to your theory Se+Ti.

I should watch some interviews first though.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast