User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Jack White?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 78910 Last

Thread: Jack White

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Jack White on his mystical affinity with the number 3:

"It became hypnotic. This was the minimum amount of staples I could put to hold this fabric down. The number three exemplifies the almost iconic, mysterious perfection that cannot be obtained. A table has to have three legs or else it falls down. A traffic light has three lights. A car wheel can stay on with three bolts. It goes on and on. There are these three elements to everything, and if you can discover what those three are as your structure, then you're on the right path. To this day, I still think about it all the time."
    That doesn't sound like something an ENFP would say. Right?

Well maybe...
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    That doesn't sound like something an ENFP would say. Right?

Well maybe...
    A 4w5 might. We tend to gravitate towards symbolism and universal patterns.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    A 4w5 might. We tend to gravitate towards symbolism and universal patterns.
    ENFP four unicorns? : /

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    ENFP 4 unicorns? : /
    It's a stereotype. But, even though I'm not about hearts and glitter, I really do like traditional depiction of the unicorn, a cloven hoofed creature more like a goat than a horse. It's a metaphor for Fi. It purifies and only approaches those who are pure. Otherwise it is spry, elusive. It's also fierce despite its size, it will not hesitate to go head to head with much larger creatures.

(I don't think JW is an ENFP)

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    It's a stereotype. But, even though I'm not about hearts and glitter, I really do like traditional depiction of the unicorn, a cloven hoofed creature more like a goat than a horse. It's a metaphor for Fi. It purifies and only approaches those who are pure. Otherwise it is spry, elusive. It's also fierce despite its size, it will not hesitate to go head to head with much larger creatures.

(I don't think JW is an ENFP)
    I like what you said about unicorns. It reminded me of this movie and I finally understand the symbolism behind it.

it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

bump! Because it's jack white.
    it was open
    -the end"

Permabanned

ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    ISFP
    My vote, too.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ENFP 6w7 Sx/Sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    You've said it better than I ever could. Jack's desire to connect with his audience (did anybody watch my Dan Rather interview at all?) is Fe, where the Fi wants to connect with (harmonize with) an individual. And in typical Fe fashion, when White is performing he is "giving to get," in other words, the intensity he puts out is reflected back to him from his audience.

Here is an explanation of the INFJ balance (or reflectivity) I was talking about:
    "when the INFJ communicates a joyful experience to someone, and that person has a positive response, the INFJ will pick up on that positive emotional energy using their Se and Fe, and thus reinforce the already positive state of mind, like throwing oil onto fire..."
    INFJ Strategies for Dealing with Emotions: Part II: Protecting Positive Emotions

As for INFPs being intense: doesn't happen. INFPs don't whip their emotions into an intense feverish state, but prefer mellow emotional states.
    WTF, I am one of the most intense persons around. Stereotypes FTW.

Jesus Christ people, this all has to end. I see nothing but stereotypes perpetrated about INFP's that aren't true. You can't type someone based on shallow stereotypes alone, and shallow types are what all of this is being based off of. I'm sorry but not all INFP
    s are emotionally broken individuals who live in perpetual states of sorrow, and depression.

Anyway, I think he could easily be an ISFP, as well. Most of what he plays, sings and writes about its about being in the present and moment. When does he ever theorize? of course he does a bit, but not that often. But oh of course, that's another stereotype. Sensors are stupid and have no capacity for higher thought. He seems very traditionalist and old fashioned, and I think that easily you could mistake Fe for simply being that; when often I think it's just many sensors who tend to have that perspective.