User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Jack White?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 678910 Last

Thread: Jack White

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Sometimes I think he is an ENTJ. He has trouble working with other people unless he has total control. He also has a very commander like presence and I heard him once say that telling a lover love is fleeting is like telling a general victory is fleeting.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Receives inspiration for his songs from "somewhere else," either he will "let God into the room," or there is something on the "quantum level" that communicates with him like two quantum particles communicating over vast distances.
    That is Ni.
    What makes you think those statements have anything to do with Ni? Think of it this way:

Extraverted Intuition (Ne)
    “Future opportunities”
    • Brainstormingmultiple options
    • Imagining possible connections
    • Entertaining ideas

Introverted Intuition (Ni)
    “One’s vision”
    • Knowing based on trusted insight
    • Visualizing the essence
    • Synthesizing the whole

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    What makes you think those statements have anything to do with Ni? Think of it this way:

Extraverted Intuition (Ne)
    “Future opportunities”
    • Brainstormingmultiple options
    • Imagining possible connections
    • Entertaining ideas

Introverted Intuition (Ni)
    “One’s vision”
    • Knowing based on trusted insight
    • Visualizing the essence
    • Synthesizing the whole
    Because Jack White's musical ideas come seemingly from out of nowhere.

For example, when Ne is brainstorming multiple options, those options come from through the senses. The possible connections that are imagined originate via the senses. They entertain ideas that come to them via the senses.

The Ni, on the other hand, has reached seemingly beyond the senses to another ("higher") level of sensory input, like a sixth sense. That is the kind of experience that Jack White describes in his Dan Rather interview.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”
    Likes GarrotTheThief, Flâneuse liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Only because you're speaking about Cobain I want to insert here that you do understand this was deliberate right? Well, except for purpose...that is untrue. There was definitely purpose to his work.

I think a part of what lullabelle was attempting to express when saying "all INFP musicians are crappy" ...

It's almost as if you're saying - we (NFPs) are playing to the best of our abilities and are unfortunately incapable of reaching the same level of refinement as the NFJ...and subsequently this is evidence for why White couldn't possibly be an ENFP.

Cobain was a musical genius that transformed...shit everything having to do with music (haha I don't know what to say)...and I promise you this wasn't a "happy accident."
    OMG. I wasn't saying that NFPs are like squalling infants whose only purpose in life is to wail loud enough to get a feeding bottle and a new diaper. This is what happens when you don't put your MBTI type on your profile. NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME.

What I'm trying to say is that the presentation of purpose and the emotionality behind it is much less crafted and mediated with NFPs than it is with NFJs. I feel that Jack White's style, even while passionate and intense and authentic, is crafted and pruned and presented in Fe-ways to elicit feedback from audiences in very specific ways. And sure, Fi can want to provoke reactions in people as well ... it's just that their (OUR) own feelings get in the way of letting them play their audiences with the same abandon.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    OMG. I wasn't saying that NFPs are like squalling infants whose only purpose in life is to wail loud enough to get a feeding bottle and a new diaper. This is what happens when you don't put your MBTI type on your profile. NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME.

What I'm trying to say is that the presentation of purpose and the emotionality behind it is much less crafted and mediated with NFPs than it is with NFJs. I feel that Jack White's style, even while passionate and intense and authentic, is crafted and pruned and presented in Fe-ways to elicit feedback from audiences in very specific ways. And sure, Fi can want to provoke reactions in people as well ... it's just that their (OUR) own feelings get in the way of letting them play their audiences with the same abandon.
    I think this is kind of true actually. I've always wanted to be an entertainer but I'm always considering and weighing my actions until my brain overloads and I just don't want to speak and wish to vanish in to the dao of things where I don't have to take responsibility for the dark mood of my creations. I have FI and I value positivity yet any sort of art I make is dark, bleak, and really just not that good.

But I think this relates because I have FI...strong sense or weight over my shoulders to do whats right but I don't always have access to it as it's inferior.

I kind of see that in him and kind of don't.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

I missed this last night and wish I could have responded sooner. Please don't feel alone in the 'nobody understands me' way because there's many of us haha.

Your comments were not offensive to me in anyway... I mean, I definitely operated on the assumption you were FJ (and e6 just to be completely honest) merely because I've seen this same dialogue play-out so many times before and your descriptions and explanations all registered with me as coming from the FJ perspective. <-Which I think deserves some slack when misinterpretations occur.

If what you are alluding to above is that you actually identify as INFP then now I really am pissed <-haha okay I'm kidding. No, but in all honesty though had you had INFP listed as your type and I accepted that...the only difference it might have made is me having addressed you in a more personal way and with a little more 'wtf?' ha. My comments would have been the same because I don't entirely agree with your interpretations and that's absolutely fine. I like people having alternative perspectives when it comes to art and type very much. I very much appreciate your contributions.

I missed this last night and wish I could have responded sooner. Please don't feel alone in the 'nobody understands me' way because there's many of us haha.

Your comments were not offensive to me in anyway... I mean, I definitely operated on the assumption you were FJ (and e6 just to be completely honest) merely because I've seen this same dialogue play-out so many times before and your descriptions and explanations all registered with me as coming from the FJ perspective. <-Which I think deserves some slack when misinterpretations occur.

If what you are alluding to above is that you actually identify as INFP then now I really am pissed <-haha okay I'm kidding. No, but in all honesty though had you had INFP listed as your type and I accepted that...the only difference it might have made is me having addressed you in a more personal way and with a little more 'wtf?' ha. My comments would have been the same because I don't entirely agree with your interpretations and that's absolutely fine. I like people having alternative perspectives when it comes to art and type very much. I very much appreciate your contributions.
    Yup, I identify as an Fi/Te user at the very least. INFJ is one of the type descriptions that speaks to me the least, even though it has been suggested by people fairly often as a first impression. Anyhow, I've seen the way these INFJ/INFP typology forum clusterfucks go down one time too many ... and don't really want to participate in another one ... but I guess I started thinking about them and came to the conclusion that a (potentially small but very vocal) subset of Fi users tend to vilify Fe ... and I totally get why that might happen because type profiles make INFJs sound like mysterious, sexy high priestesses who are versed in the secrets of the universe and INFPs like tiny, mostly clawless kittens, which is a maddeningly unfair representation ... and for INFP 4s especially, being called "cute" is like a dagger through the heart. I get all of that.

But I personally would very much like to avoid reducing Fe to a shallow social justice meet and greet stereotype to compensate for it because that also offends my sense of fairness. And I genuinely do think Jack White is an xNFJ of the counterculture variety.

P. S. The "NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME" was an artistic exaggeration, haha.

Yup, I identify as an Fi/Te user at the very least. INFJ is one of the type descriptions that speaks to me the least, even though it has been suggested by people fairly often as a first impression. Anyhow, I've seen the way these INFJ/INFP typology forum clusterfucks go down one time too many ... and don't really want to participate in another one ... but I guess I started thinking about them and came to the conclusion that a (potentially small but very vocal) subset of Fi users tend to vilify Fe ... and I totally get why that might happen because type profiles make INFJs sound like mysterious, sexy high priestesses who are versed in the secrets of the universe and INFPs like tiny, mostly clawless kittens, which is a maddeningly unfair representation ... and for INFP 4s especially, being called "cute" is like a dagger through the heart. I get all of that.

But I personally would very much like to avoid reducing Fe to a shallow social justice meet and greet stereotype to compensate for it because that also offends my sense of fairness. And I genuinely do think Jack White is an xNFJ of the counterculture variety.

P. S. The "NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME" was an artistic exaggeration, haha.

See, this is what happens when you don't have your MBTI type listed on your profile haha.

I'm not an INFP.
    I'm your superficial, excess-lovin, ADD-diagnosed cousin the ENFP 7 and assure you I'm not really thinking of these things all that deeply haha. And while I'm not opposed to vilifying Fe...it never entered into my mind throughout the duration of my participation in this thread. I was only here for the Cobain comments and free nachos...but if you guys are going start with the grown-up talk...I'm goin to head out to a laser hip-hop show.

Carry on
    Likes five sounds, senza tema liked this post

See, this is what happens when you don't have your MBTI type listed on your profile haha.

I'm not an INFP.
    I'm you're superficial, excess-lovin, ADD-diagnosed cousin the ENFP 7 and assure you I'm not really thinking of these things all that deeply haha. And while I'm not opposed to vilifying Fe...it never even entered into my mind throughout the duration of my participation in this thread. I was only here for the Cobain comments and free nachos...but if you guys are going start with the grown-up talk...I'm goin to head out to a laser hip-hop show.

Carry on
    I can't be adult anymore. I'm thoroughly sick of Jack White at this point. ;_;
    Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Jack White on his mystical affinity with the number 3:

"It became hypnotic. This was the minimum amount of staples I could put to hold this fabric down. The number three exemplifies the almost iconic, mysterious perfection that cannot be obtained. A table has to have three legs or else it falls down. A traffic light has three lights. A car wheel can stay on with three bolts. It goes on and on. There are these three elements to everything, and if you can discover what those three are as your structure, then you're on the right path. To this day, I still think about it all the time."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”