User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Jack White?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 100

Thread: Jack White

  1. #61
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    I dunno just based on being ENFP and the kind of words he writes and his sound and style, I would be open to ENFP for him. I wish I could say more, but sometimes it's hard for me to describe.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    INTP or ENTP; probably ENTP

    Overall style of communicating seems to illustrate use of Ne a lot. Examples:
    - exploring the music wherever it takes him like a child - Ne
    - makes rules for himself that he doesn't tell anyone before he goes into the studio - Ti

    Good example of these two functions working together is at 6:15 when he is talking about amplifiers.

    I don't see any F there.
    Receives inspiration for his songs from "somewhere else," either he will "let God into the room," or there is something on the "quantum level" that communicates with him like two quantum particles communicating over vast distances.
    That is Ni.

    As for Fe, this is seen in his desire to create a social connection between himself and his audience via his art.

    Both of these traits are discussed in the Dan Rather interview I posted above.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #63
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Intensity of feeling combined with a comparative lack of refinement and purpose in the presentation of it.
    Only because you're speaking about Cobain I want to insert here that you do understand this was deliberate right? Well, except for purpose...that is untrue. There was definitely purpose to his work.

    I think a part of what lullabelle was attempting to express when saying "all INFP musicians are crappy" ...

    It's almost as if you're saying - we (NFPs) are playing to the best of our abilities and are unfortunately incapable of reaching the same level of refinement as the NFJ...and subsequently this is evidence for why White couldn't possibly be an ENFP.

    Cobain was a musical genius that transformed...shit everything having to do with music (haha I don't know what to say)...and I promise you this wasn't a "happy accident."
    Likes GarrotTheThief, senza tema liked this post

  4. #64
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Cobain was a musical genius that transformed...shit everything having to do with music (haha I don't know what to say)...and I promise you this wasn't a "happy accident."
    No he was not.

    To say he was gifted would be stretching it even I feel.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  5. #65
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    No he was not.
    butthead

    (watch this post get removed)


    To say he was gifted would be stretching it even I feel.
    I couldn't figure out how to edit my post to respond to your edit...which is a sign of giftedness so they say.

    I can't disagree with you as long as you aren't attributing this opinion to his type.
    Last edited by Starry; 10-28-2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: per request for emphasis - was not
    Likes GarrotTheThief, senza tema liked this post

  6. #66
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    butthead

    (watch this post get removed)
    I don't always disagree with you Starry, but when I do, it's when you say wrong things like 'Cobain' and 'musical genius' in the same sentence, without including an 'obviously wasn't a' in between.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I can't disagree with you as long as you aren't attributing this opinion to his type.
    I don't even know what type he is. : /
    Likes GarrotTheThief, senza tema liked this post

  7. #67
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I don't always disagree with you Starry, but when I do, it's when you say wrong things like 'Cobain' and 'musical genius' in the same sentence, without including an 'obviously wasn't a' in between.
    I removed the haha from what I wrote because I realized how serious that statement was...and so I was wondering if you too could remove it from your quote as well?

  8. #68
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I removed the haha from what I wrote because I realized how serious that statement was...and so I was wondering if you too could remove it from your quote as well?
    Of course, and could you edit your very first quote that says "No he wasn't." and change it to "No he was not"?
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  9. #69
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Of course, and could you edit your very first quote that says "No he wasn't." and change it to "No he was not"?
    hahaha <-I'm going to ask you to please leave this haha in if you quote this as I can't stop laughing.

    edit: this is real

  10. #70
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    @Evee

    Sorry, I had to come back to this as I was doing too many things at once.

    As I'm assuming you know I don't really give a crap if people think Cobain was crap.

    To say he lacked purpose in his presentation... this is a bit of a challenging one for me because from where I stand I don't know how anyone could arrive at that conclusion. And yet being on the inside of NFP...I'm now wondering if other types might not readily see it. I don't even know if I could explain it properly but...actually I was just talking to you about this in a way when I told you that "we want to create a puzzle not solve it." We wish to shift things all around...wrapping things up in all the wrong packaging...and then ask "...what do you see?" And we're not attached to people understanding. In other words, people that think Cobain was an idiot would have been just as interesting to him (although I will say that we often use this very system to identify friends and lovers...it's the people that find us and get it.) What I'm trying to say is he absolutely wanted this point to be difficult to determine. Is he saying anything important? Or is he just banging garbage can lids together?

    My point was merely to say I understand @lullabelle's responses. To say Cobain is a perfect example of an INFP 4 because of his "intensity of feeling and lack of purpose and refinement" links these two things together in a way that I feel will cause a lot of future mistypes to occur by appearing to limit the range we're capable of. And, regardless of what you believe to be true about the quality of his work...seems to hint at him just accidentally becoming one of the most influential musicians of all time.

Similar Threads

  1. Jack Black
    By Usehername in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-07-2015, 11:40 AM
  2. Jack White
    By Fay in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-05-2015, 10:03 PM
  3. Jack white is an ENFP?
    By GarrotTheThief in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 10-31-2014, 03:01 PM
  4. Jack White from the White Stripes
    By run in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 11:49 PM
  5. Poll: Alison Mosshart and Jack White's Bands
    By Thalassa in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 11:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO