User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Jack White?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 34567 Last

Thread: Jack White

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I think you're doing Fe a disservice by assuming that it can't be emotionally raw and intuitive though. Anyone can have emotional depth and intensity ... this is not really type-related, IMO. And rawness can be just as much of a persona as much as some kind of love and peace, let's-save-the-world Oprah Winfrey style.

I see a consciousness and intentionality in Jack White's self-presentation that points to Fe for me as well as an invocation of visceral physicality that Ne/Si users don't tend to nearly as much, IME. Not saying INFP 4s can't be dark and edgy ... but he doesn't read like one to me.
    You've said it better than I ever could. Jack's desire to connect with his audience (did anybody watch my Dan Rather interview at all?) is Fe, where the Fi wants to connect with (harmonize with) an individual. And in typical Fe fashion, when White is performing he is "giving to get," in other words, the intensity he puts out is reflected back to him from his audience.

Here is an explanation of the INFJ balance (or reflectivity) I was talking about:
    "when the INFJ communicates a joyful experience to someone, and that person has a positive response, the INFJ will pick up on that positive emotional energy using their Se and Fe, and thus reinforce the already positive state of mind, like throwing oil onto fire..."
    INFJ Strategies for Dealing with Emotions: Part II: Protecting Positive Emotions

As for INFPs being intense: doesn't happen. INFPs don't whip their emotions into an intense feverish state, but prefer mellow emotional states.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    You've said it better than I ever could. Jack's desire to connect with his audience (did anybody watch my Dan Rather interview at all?) is Fe, where the Fi wants to connect with (harmonize with) an individual. And in typical Fe fashion, when White is performing he is "giving to get," in other words, the intensity he puts out is reflected back to him from his audience.

Here is an explanation of the INFJ balance (or reflectivity) I was talking about:
    "when the INFJ communicates a joyful experience to someone, and that person has a positive response, the INFJ will pick up on that positive emotional energy using their Se and Fe, and thus reinforce the already positive state of mind, like throwing oil onto fire..."
    INFJ Strategies for Dealing with Emotions: Part II: Protecting Positive Emotions

As for INFPs being intense: doesn't happen. INFPs don't whip their emotions into an intense feverish state, but prefer mellow emotional states.

After watching interviews on INFP's and how they are I would have to say that he is not an INFP.

He does have the intensity of an INFJ though and much of what he says is like he is a born again Jungian and Jung was an INFJ. His theories on creativity are almost the exact same as Jung's. He let's things manifest from his unconcious by setting strict minimalist limits.

He even has that suddenly masculine thing that emerges from a feminine facade, sort of like an anger outburst, that Jung was notorious for.

And his guitar playing skills make it hard for me to believe he is an INFP. When INFP's go into the arts it's usually as actors more than "hand" technical abilities.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

INFP musicians are all the crappy, boring ones. INFJs are better than us at everything

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    After watching interviews on INFP's and how they are I would have to say that he is not an INFP.

He does have the intensity of an INFJ though and much of what he says is like he is a born again Jungian and Jung was an INFJ. His theories on creativity are almost the exact same as Jung's. He let's things manifest from his unconcious by setting strict minimalist limits.

He even has that suddenly masculine thing that emerges from a feminine facade, sort of like an anger outburst, that Jung was notorious for.

And his guitar playing skills make it hard for me to believe he is an INFP. When INFP's go into the arts it's usually as actors more than "hand" technical abilities.
    I agree with most of that. I don't see Jack White as having a feminine facade. Fe males have a masculine facade.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    INFP musicians are all the crappy, boring ones. INFJs are better than us at everything
    Infp's are smooth operators when it comes to love - heath ledger, jude law, julia roberts...etc...etc..
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I agree with most of that. I don't see Jack White as having a feminine facade. Fe males have a masculine facade.
    What I mean is he tries to tone down his masculinity but you can tell he means business - seven nation army, that scuffle with an other band lead, etc. etc....
    it was open
    -the end"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Infp's are smooth operators when it comes to love - heath ledger, jude law, julia roberts...etc...etc..
    jude law and julia roberts are ENFPs. they're extroverted for sure.

i would say ENFPs are the charming ones at love. i wouldn't call INFPs smooth operators at all.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

INTP or ENTP; probably ENTP

Overall style of communicating seems to illustrate use of Ne a lot. Examples:
    - exploring the music wherever it takes him like a child - Ne
    - makes rules for himself that he doesn't tell anyone before he goes into the studio - Ti

Good example of these two functions working together is at 6:15 when he is talking about amplifiers.

I don't see any F there.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^agreed about infp vs enfp. what infps lack in charisma though, they make up for in depth. enfps are fun for a few hours, but their superficial frivolity leaves me feeling used.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

He strikes me more as an ISFP. His music is less idea based with more emphasis on SOUND. He also is a self taught musician and doesn't put a huge emphasis on theory. He love vintage stuff, that grounded warm analog ideal, that speaks to Fi.
    Likes GarrotTheThief, Starry liked this post