User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Jack White?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 100

Thread: Jack White

  1. #31
    Senior Member lulabelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Because it is frequently, if not exclusively, a feature of Fi-doms.
    you said that intense feeling wasn't exclusive to any type
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  2. #32
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corpseparty View Post
    I am merely pointing out possible bias' in this thread, s'all.
    Actually there not much bias in this thread. From what you are mentioning, you think people with an affinity for a certain type will wish him to be a type similar to theirs. It seems that the only bias that you've percieved exists is the one or two matches that type him something close to their type which is essentially bound for low level presumptions.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  3. #33
    Senior Member senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    you said that intense feeling wasn't exclusive to any type
    ... and I repeated that. Not sure what you're getting at here.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  4. #34
    Member corpseparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Actually there not much bias in this thread. From what you are mentioning, you think people with an affinity for a certain type will wish him to be a type similar to theirs. It seems that the only bias that you've percieved exists is the one or two matches that type him something close to their type which is essentially bound for low level presumptions.
    Though your post helped piggy back my post, I wasn't referring to you specifically. Mainly the antagonist of this thread.

    ETA Also from what I am mentioning, I am very suspicious that people are too focused on content when it is always about motivation..... Namely the antagonist of this thread.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  5. #35
    Senior Member lulabelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    ... and I repeated that. Not sure what you're getting at here.
    this was our last interaction:
    ---then why did you say intense feeling coupled with lack of presentation or whatever led you to believe kurt cobain was fi if intense feeling, according to you, doesn't have anything to do with fi specifically?
    ---Because it is frequently, if not exclusively, a feature of Fi-doms.

    you're saying that intense feeling is a way to determine if someone is Fi-dom when you previously stated that intense feeling is not an indicator of a particular type

  6. #36
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Hey, thanks for all of your responses. I have this thread now to read over and over again. IT means alot. I've been wondering what his mbti was for years and ENFP always felt wrong.

    You honestly don't know how much this thread has helped me out right now.

    I've thought INFP too and INFJ and I've wondered if he was introverted intuition or extroverted intuition. He thinks deeply and broadly and he admires Tesla. The reason I like him so much is just pure and simple. His music really helps me move through life. I honestly operate and listen to music 2/3 of the day while working and living. If it weren't for music life would be harder for someone like me so I'm thankful for it.

    That's why I want to know.

    I tend to find one or two bands and listen to all their songs as I Go through life's ups and downs and I honestly don't know how it would be if it weren't for these artist's whose songs basically support me.

    Thanks, again. If I have any insight I'll post it.

    For the record I could see both INFJ because he has the sort of reminds me of Jung and I could also see INFP because my INFP friends and people I've seen online are really dynamic and soft while being masculine...both personalities have a masculine/feminine balance.

    Both of them certainly sound more sound than ENFP.

    Some of your posts made me laugh so hard
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes senza tema liked this post

  7. #37
    Senior Member senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    this was our last interaction:
    ---then why did you say intense feeling coupled with lack of presentation or whatever led you to believe kurt cobain was fi if intense feeling, according to you, doesn't have anything to do with fi specifically?
    ---Because it is frequently, if not exclusively, a feature of Fi-doms.

    you're saying that intense feeling is a way to determine if someone is Fi-dom which you previously stated could be an trait of any type.
    Let me refine my position, then. Depth of feeling is often a feature of Fi-doms but not everyone who feels deeply is an Fi-dom. Other traits, tendencies and motivations do need to be examined as well.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  8. #38
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corpseparty View Post
    Though your post helped piggy back my post, I wasn't referring to you specifically. Mainly the antagonist of this thread.
    Indeed, I thought you were throwing in my post as statistical evidence for the hypothesis of the bias you mentioned. If the main antagonist believes the particular type of the Jack White is that which the person is, perhaps there is belief of such because he/she identifies with Jack White in watching the interview and that intuition formulates their understanding the thought process of Jack White. In a manner, it's comparative analysis from one's own understanding of one's own psyche towards the other individual. It's a form of folk typology that can be subject to delusion so it's only as trusted as the individual allows themselves to trust it. In the typing of an individual through means of an interview, the process to type is through the way in which the person formulates their thoughts in the answers towards the interviewer. It's also worth to note that a lot of the questions are about the individual themselves which in turn may confuse an individual in whether or not Fi is focus, as it in itself forwards the information back to oneself for comparison. It's the ethical construct in which Fi works. There may be sharp notices of Fi focused quirks though it's not easily a consciously noticable process.
    Likes corpseparty liked this post

  9. #39
    Senior Member lulabelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Indeed, I thought you were throwing in my post as statistical evidence for the hypothesis of the bias you mentioned. If the main antagonist believes the particular type of the Jack White is that which the person is, perhaps there is belief of such because he/she identifies with Jack White in watching the interview and that intuition formulates their understanding the thought process of Jack White. In a manner, it's comparative analysis from one's own understanding of one's own psyche towards the other individual. It's a form of folk typology that can be subject to delusion so it's only as trusted as the individual allows themselves to trust it. In the typing of an individual through means of an interview, the process to type is through the way in which the person formulates their thoughts in the answers towards the interviewer. It's also worth to note that a lot of the questions are about the individual themselves which in turn may confuse an individual in whether or not Fi is focus, as it in itself forwards the information back to oneself for comparison. It's the ethical construct in which Fi works. There may be sharp notices of Fi focused quirks though it's not easily a consciously noticable process.
    honestly i didn't really watch the interview + i don't really listen to jack white's music. i watched an interview of his awhile ago though. with meg. he was on the SNiffer candi
    Likes Oaky liked this post

  10. #40
    Member corpseparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Indeed, I thought you were throwing in my post as statistical evidence for the hypothesis of the bias you mentioned. If the main antagonist believes the particular type of the Jack White is that which the person is, perhaps there is belief of such because he/she identifies with Jack White in watching the interview and that intuition formulates their understanding the thought process of Jack White. In a manner, it's comparative analysis from one's own understanding of one's own psyche towards the other individual. It's a form of folk typology that can be subject to delusion so it's only as trusted as the individual allows themselves to trust it. In the typing of an individual through means of an interview, the process to type is through the way in which the person formulates their thoughts in the answers towards the interviewer. It's also worth to note that a lot of the questions are about the individual themselves which in turn may confuse an individual in whether or not Fi is focus, as it in itself forwards the information back to oneself for comparison. It's the ethical construct in which Fi works. There may be sharp notices of Fi focused quirks though it's not easily a consciously noticable process.
    I will also make note again that I have not watched the interview so I cannot say whether he presented these qualities or not. I have said so earlier.

    I am merely commenting on the fact that the music itself was being analyzed, too, as a means of determining the type which I do not support for reasons I have also mentioned in an earlier post.
    Likes Oaky liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Jack Black
    By Usehername in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-07-2015, 11:40 AM
  2. Jack White
    By Fay in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-05-2015, 10:03 PM
  3. Jack white is an ENFP?
    By GarrotTheThief in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 10-31-2014, 03:01 PM
  4. Jack White from the White Stripes
    By run in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 11:49 PM
  5. Poll: Alison Mosshart and Jack White's Bands
    By Thalassa in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 11:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO