User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Jack White?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 1234 Last

Thread: Jack White

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    @Arcana
    I've watched most of the OP video and 1/3 of the one below. Jack White's Ni dominance is most striking. Ideas for his music come either from God or the quantum-level of reality. The stage is his pulpit, and his preaching is an undercurrent in his music. He preaches "from the hip." He doesn't like having to sell himself. Jack White is a truth-seeker, but it's hard to say exactly what level of truth he's talking about. He stated in the video below that he seeks balance between himself and the audience. This is different from the harmony desired by the INFP, although he doesn't go into any detail about balance. Nevertheless, Jack White's MBTI type is INFJ.

As for enneagram, Jack White is definitely in the Intensity harmonic. In terms of balance, this indicates that he feels a certain way (intensely emotional) and wants the audience to feel the same way. The undercurrent (spoken of above) in White's music is heavily intense and emotion-laden.

The Intensity types are 4, 6, and 8. Four, being in the heart triad, is Jack White's core type. The question now involves wing type and tritype. So far nothing he says indicates one wing type over another, but the life he leads is more 4w3 than 4w5.

Jack White is a seeker after truth. Tritype is 469 ("Visionary"), the type that pushes White to seek unity and stay in emotional touch with his audience, his collective, his group or tribe. Otherwise he would lose touch with humanity, a trait more typical of the 459 tritype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    @Arcana
    I've watched most of the OP video and 1/3 of the one below. Jack White's Ni dominance is most striking. Ideas for his music come either from God or the quantum-level of reality. The stage is his pulpit, and his preaching is an undercurrent in his music. He preaches "from the hip." He doesn't like having to sell himself. Jack White is a truth-seeker, but it's hard to say exactly what level of truth he's talking about. He stated in the video below that he seeks balance between himself and the audience. This is different from the harmony desired by the INFP, although he doesn't go into any detail about balance. Nevertheless, Jack White's MBTI type is INFJ.

As for enneagram, Jack White is definitely in the Intensity harmonic. In terms of balance, this indicates that he feels a certain way (intensely emotional) and wants the audience to feel the same way. The undercurrent (spoken of above) in White's music is heavily intense and emotion-laden.

The Intensity types are 4, 6, and 8. Four, being in the heart triad, is Jack White's core type. The question now involves wing type and tritype. So far nothing he says indicates one wing type over another, but the life he leads is more 4w3 than 4w5.

Jack White is a seeker after truth. Tritype is 469 ("Visionary"), the type that pushes White to seek unity and stay in emotional touch with his audience, his collective, his group or tribe. Otherwise he would lose touch with humanity, a trait more typical of the 459 tritype.

i don't really see how anything you said about him is more INFJ than INFP 4w5 or possibly 4w3? i know plenty of INFP artists and they too explain that the music they create comes from this other source. and INFP 4s aren't obsessed with a conventional idea of harmony... there's kind of an imbalance or contradiction inherent in INFP 4s.

i would say a 'resistance to sell yourself' is far more Fi than Fe. Fe users will know that they need to work within the system to get to a certain place.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    i don't see how any of the distinctions i made are any more 'simplistic' than yours with that zoning out comment. i wouldn't say all INFPs are 'soft' in their zoning out; have you only met INFP enneagram 9s? INFP enneagram 4w5s can come across much edgier in certain ways... i'm one and i zone out a lot but wouldn't say i come across as 'soft.'

of course both Fi and Fe users are concerned with social issues, but i find that Fe music can be a little more... idk, overt with the social and humanity implications? Fi music just FEELS more emotionally raw and intuitive to me. i just know when i hear it. i have Fi and Fe musician friends, and the Fi music just feels more emotionally intimate and kind of wild in a way.
    I think discerning Ni in music and musicians is a little tricky because i find that Ni users especially can see it anywhere, even in people for whom it isn't a preference. i've been told i have Ni in my writing and i'm definitely an INFP.
    I think you're doing Fe a disservice by assuming that it can't be emotionally raw and intuitive though. Anyone can have emotional depth and intensity ... this is not really type-related, IMO. And rawness can be just as much of a persona as much as some kind of love and peace, let's-save-the-world Oprah Winfrey style.

I see a consciousness and intentionality in Jack White's self-presentation that points to Fe for me as well as an invocation of visceral physicality that Ne/Si users don't tend to nearly as much, IME. Not saying INFP 4s can't be dark and edgy ... but he doesn't read like one to me.
    Likes corpseparty, GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I think you're doing Fe a disservice by assuming that it can't be emotionally raw and intuitive though. Anyone can have emotional depth and intensity ... this is not really type-related, IMO. And rawness can be just as much of a persona as much as some kind of love and peace, let's-save-the-world Oprah Winfrey style.

I see a consciousness and intentionality in Jack White's self-presentation that points to Fe for me as well as an invocation of visceral physicality that Ne/Si users don't tend to nearly as much, IME. Not saying INFP 4s can't be dark and edgy ... but he doesn't read like one to me.
    so what would you describe as the differences in music between Fi and Fe musicians? who do you consider to be INFP musicians?

so what would you describe as the differences in music between Fi and Fe musicians? who do you consider to be INFP musicians?
    Joan Baez is a great example of an INFP musician to me ... and one who makes socially relevant music to boot. The differences between Fi and Fe aren't reducible to such easy stereotypes, IMO.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Joan Baez is a great example of an INFP musician to me ... and one who makes socially relevant music to boot. The differences between Fi and Fe aren't reducible to such easy stereotypes, IMO.
    well clearly you type joan baez as INFP for certain reasons, stereotypes or not. she's a product of a very specific time in history where all music was kind of a form of social protest so i wouldn't really lump her in with most INFP musicians. also, she wrote like, one song :/

Kurt Cobain is a great example of an INFP 4.

Ultimately, though, my providing more examples is not going to help whatsoever as you clearly identify with Jack White and since you self-type as an INFP 4, he must be one too in your eyes.

Agree to disagree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Kurt Cobain is a great example of an INFP 4.

Ultimately, my providing examples is not going to help whatsoever as you clearly identify with Jack White and since you self-type as an INFP 4, he must be one too in your eyes.

Agree to disagree.
    and what makes kurt cobain a 4w5 INFP?

and what makes kurt cobain a 4w5 INFP?
    Intensity of feeling combined with a comparative lack of refinement and purpose in the presentation of it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Intensity of feeling combined with a comparative lack of refinement and purpose in the presentation of it.
    how does the music have a lack of purpose?

so basically fi is the neanderthal cousin of fe?

how does the music have a lack of purpose?

so basically fi is the neanderthal cousin of fe?
    Not the music itself but the way he carried himself.

And you're putting words I definitely didn't say into my mouth. You yourself said that Fe users are smoother in the way they present their content but for some reason, when I say it, I'm calling Fi a neandarthal? Okay ...