• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Katy Perry

What Personality Type is Katy Perry?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• INTP

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Based on this new interview, what type would everyone guess she is?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOtJUmiUZ08"].[/YOUTUBE]

After this interview I think she's ENTP.

(Edit: I could believe ENFP but I don't see Fi, I see Fe... and in the interviews she seems feelerish at times, but that's Fe)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After this interview I think she's ENTP.

(Edit: I could believe ENFP but I don't see Fi, I see Fe... and in the interviews she seems feelerish at times, but that's Fe)

after watching this, she seems like an ENFP and either a 6w7, 7w6 or 3w2

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Things I relate to in this video:
- Gestures, posture, eye contact, even sitting on her leg (I do that all the time) or playing with her legs/feet, and big boobs
- Exuberance, enthusiasm, energy
- Wanting to create and explore
- Her upbringing, and her break from it while maintaining respect for her family
- Her gratefulness to her fans, wanting to please them, wanting to be competent and respected in her field
- Her openness and willingness to try new things
- Her tendency to think ahead and imagine what other people may want and how to implement that and make it reality

Things I do not relate to in this video:
- Grand experimentation in the physical world (nails, hair, kissing girls, squirting cream out of her boobs --> although when I relax, I get more Se, for sure)
- She's a bit too laid back, more so than I am
- She seems a bit 'valley girl' at times, which is OTT and a bit off-putting
- She seems a bit shallow at times, but it 'feels' like it's not real, which is why I don't really take it into account

Conclusion: Not so sure if she is just an ENXJ type with huge Se, EXFP type with huge Ne/Se, or if she can even be typed. When I do videos in front of a camera or act, I *become another person* and I can't switch that off in front of a camera. That's one of the reasons why I love it so much because for a few minutes or hours, I can become someone else and forget everything. It's like a *reset button*, so I wonder if these actors/actresses and other entertainers can really be typed?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Conclusion: Not so sure if she is just an ENXJ type with huge Se, EXFP type with huge Ne/Se, or if she can even be typed. When I do videos in front of a camera or act, I *become another person* and I can't switch that off in front of a camera. That's one of the reasons why I love it so much because for a few minutes or hours, I can become someone else and forget everything. It's like a *reset button*, so I wonder if these actors/actresses and other entertainers can really be typed?
Very true. It's a serious limitation. Their behavior is often a planned part of the overall image they try to project.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
See????

That's why I say she is so fake. I mean, from Christian music jumping to "gay" people and kissing girls? Come on, this is surely a witty manoeuvre to trick us.

And to me, she seems an ENTJ concealed by an ESFP facade.

edit: actually, she might be an ENTP, but the fact that she wants to make it to the top makes me think of ENTJ.

Maybe it's not fake. Maybe she just changes that much, I can see it totally, being an ExFP, I get it.

She's most certainly an ExFP then. I didn't know she used to be a Christian singer.

IN FACT ENxPs can be described as being enthusiastic about one thing and then run to another, completely and utterly throwing their passion into it, then "cold-bloodedly" abandon it according to Jung's Ne dom description. And it's not fake. It's a very real shift. Both the passion and the change.

She could be an ENFP with an ESFP facade. Like when I'm stripping. Hmmm...yes.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Damn you guys are retarded. She's a very clear ESFP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Ahhh...yes. But you also think I'm an ESFP.

God help me I do. :greatscott:

Behold ignorance:

I'm not that knowledgeable at all of Katy Perry, but when I tried to Ni an answer (intuit in a manner that brings all my subconscious memories and impressions to a semi-conscious level in order to guide me to a conscious decision?), I thought ESFJ. Sounds totally ridiculous, right? She'd be a very atypical and also unusual and uncommon ESFJ, but she screams Fe to me because she is so manipulative (her whole persona seems made up, all an act - i.e. catered to what people want, a.k.a. Fe (used to deceive for self-benefit)) and I decided S over N because she seems too in-the-moment reactive to be an N (Ne is in-the-moment reactive, but Ne and Se or S reactiveness is just different in ways I don't care to think of how to explain right now.

Then I watched the MTV interview (half so far). She definitely says a lot of random reacted things, but the things she says feel more mentally thought out than just plain reactiveness like an ESFP - so, I see Ne. But all of this randomness from her feels forced, so there's still a sense of falseness. As someone or some other people said before, I sense absolutely zero Fi from her. Her entire persona still seems all like a manipulation, a.k.a. Fe. So at this point, because Ne being her dominant function is unquestionable to me, I say ENTP. Her perceived in-the-moment reactiveness can be explained away with her being an N not an S as was my impression, if the face she presents is intended to be forced, meaning she is just "hyper-aware," i.e. aware she is forcing a persona, thus she is conscious of every behavior she acts.

I'm not saying just because I see Ne-dom-but-definitely-not-Fi I think ENTP, though. Ti in her doesn't stand out, but if you try to interpret her actions as having it, you can see her comments that she reacts with seem to involve logical analysis (T) of whatever situation or thing she is commenting on, and a deep, detailed/honed-in-like directive (introverted process, as in Ti, etc). Now on to Fe. As said before, she's always oozed of Fe to me. Remember it is often a person has an extra-developed third function. More often, the third function appears to be not just stronger than the second function but also seems to overshadow the second, which in her case it does if you consider her as ENTP (Ti's there, as demonstrated - she has Ti - but it seems so weak, minor, blah blah, where Fe is undeniable/obvious). Now, take her gender into account. Isn't there a bias for females to be F and males to be T? I don't really mean xxFx or xxTx, but in behavior (emotional/non-emotional and logical). With this in mind, it makes sense for her F function to be extra-developed at the cost of her T - social conditioning causing her to become more F than T. Additionally, I don't know user Ethan all that well, but he's a male INFJ and his Ti always seemed extra-developed/strong to me (Male, T function development at cost of his F function, a.k.a. his third function, Ti, being stronger than his second, Fe - just as Katy Perry's third function which is her gender's function is stronger than her second function which is her opposite gender's. I also know a male ISFJ who seems to use Ti much more than Fe - again, third function typical own-gender used at the expense of second function belonging to opposite gender.).

But I'm not saying the actual Katy Perry is an ENTP. Or that it is just a stage persona (intentional, deliberate manipulation). Either she is extremely, extremely skilled at putting on a false face (because even when people put on false faces, a lot of times you can tell what their real personality is/some realness leaks out subtlety), or her own identity to herself might be a little absent? Big claim, I know. Oh well. I theorize this last bit because I went and watched I watched another video of hers, this one short (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZeYkeD8WA0), and she maintained the same persona - randomly commentative/tangential/reactive a.k.a. Ne, and Fe/fakeness/manipulation still present. I'm not sure why this leads me to believe she might not have a solid attached identity, but whatever. :shrug: What I'm saying is unless she's a super actor, I think this is the closest to her "real" personality anything can be (ENTP).

Your name is apt.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think this thread needs some music.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
To contrast with the above song:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWbLkXhGEmo"].[/YOUTUBE]

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
See, I think it's possible that both sides of her are real, because I have both kinds of feelings myself, and I think people can genuinely change from Christian to atheist or agnostic, especially while very young...it happens all the time.

I think she's ExFP and shows a broad spectrum of emotion or opinions. I swear to god one day I'll say something with conviction and then realize a few days later I changed my mind, that I was just upset when I said it.

Which is what makes me lean ENFP for her, actually, because as I already stated Jung actually describes this phenomenon in his description of the Extroverted Intuitive Type.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
See, I think it's possible that both sides of her are real, because I have both kinds of feelings myself, and I think people can genuinely change from Christian to atheist or agnostic, especially while very young...it happens all the time.

I think she's ExFP and shows a broad spectrum of emotion or opinions. I swear to god one day I'll say something with conviction and then realize a few days later I changed my mind, that I was just upset when I said it.

Which is what makes me lean ENFP for her, actually, because as I already stated Jung actually describes this phenomenon in his description of the Extroverted Intuitive Type.

The real question is whether or not she's into barefoot running. ;)

But really, good points. She's stated in interviews that she wasn't at all happy with forced religion. It makes sense that she would react against that side of her once the strong influence of her parents was removed. I can see ENxP in her, but I think I see more T than F. I think the S that many people see is her strategically catering to her fans for increased appeal to a predominantly S population.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The real question is whether or not she's into barefoot running. ;)

But really, good points. She's stated in interviews that she wasn't at all happy with forced religion. It makes sense that she would react against that side of her once the strong influence of her parents was removed. I can see ENxP in her, but I think I see more T than F. I think the S that many people see is her strategically catering to her fans for increased appeal to a predominantly S population.

Te can be strategic. I can project ESFP to make money, and sometimes just for my own amusement. I'm not an ENTP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think the S that many people see is her strategically catering to her fans for increased appeal to a predominantly S population.

That seems highly unlikely.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It seems highly likely, actually. It's widely known that people whose careers depend on their popularity hire image management consultants.

Yeah, so that they don't do or say anything stupid like drink/drug themselves into oblivion/make racist or sexist remarks/say something to garner public disapproval. Not so that they can imitate being an S to appeal to an S population.